[Outdated] Ultimate EDTrickster [2M dps - UNKILLABLE]

Shit ur right. I knew it was too good to be true. If no endurance charge we get 26 phys and eke reduction from berserk with enchant and up to 34 phys and ele reduction from immortal call if my math is correct?

I can't prove it math wise but I feel more survivable with call than steelskin

Elwither totem for me is a waste. It dies too fast or boss goes out if range. I just use spreading rot
Last edited by DongKingKong on Mar 15, 2021, 9:46:44 AM
Iv been using wep switching and I think it is pretty OP, you just have to get used to that mechanic. I have other bow that I use as statstick to boost my blight dmg, + it self cast despair, flame golem with culling strike. Also in bow setup I use my wither totems because I dont need them for mapping. You just apply ED and than switch wep for more dmg, totems etc.

This is my gear, still not perfect but i think it is enough for this league. Very fun build to play.

Thank you for the guide, I have a lot of fun atm playing this build.
I have a question - have you tried adding cluster jewels to boost damage or defenses? If yes - can you please share pob with tree and what would be good cluster jewels?
Also, what do you think about 1hand+shield setup with max block and life/es on block shield? Which build theoretically would have better survivability?
"
baridopamarin wrote:
Iv been using wep switching and I think it is pretty OP, you just have to get used to that mechanic. I have other bow that I use as statstick to boost my blight dmg, + it self cast despair, flame golem with culling strike. Also in bow setup I use my wither totems because I dont need them for mapping. You just apply ED and than switch wep for more dmg, totems etc.

This is my gear, still not perfect but i think it is enough for this league. Very fun build to play.

if you want to abuse this, putting a 6L Bane in your offhand bow also works.
You should probably use your main bow as a gem level statstick, as almost all other modifiers don't work when the bow is in offhand. Still. I don't recommend it because it's extremely clunky, and the fact that dots stay when swapped out seems not intended at all.

"
Hyperionkek wrote:
I have a question - have you tried adding cluster jewels to boost damage or defenses? If yes - can you please share pob with tree and what would be good cluster jewels?
Also, what do you think about 1hand+shield setup with max block and life/es on block shield? Which build theoretically would have better survivability?

I'd just recommend 1 cluster jewel like mentionned in the guide. There's been a few setups proposed where a large cluster would outdamage athrophy, but it's just very difficult to pull off.
There's so many efficient passive points next to our tree, cluster jewels aren't that big of a deal of this specific build setup.

From a pure theorical defensive standpoint, you shield + wand is tankier than this setup, yes. You'd want to go CI + glancing blows, it's a different setup alltogether really.
The thing is, the damage really sucks. You'll be missing out on 5 gem levels, and your blight will do half the damage. In juiced content like 100% deli, you just won't be able to clear it at all, as everything will take forever to die. You also allow much more room for bosses to hit you. ED already has a low damage ceiling, removing half of it for a slight defensive boost isn't a great idea.
That said, the point of CI is mostly that it hits its defensive powerspikes very early, compared to this build guide that explains how to minmax a character through a whole league.

That said. If somehow you can get a +4 hyrri's, it's "possible" to go wand + mistwall, giving you absurd defences. You'll still loose a third of your damage (still a bit more than going CI), but you'll get absurdly tanky for maps and bosses. Don't do 100% deli using mistwall though, you'll still get overwhelmed and possibly die.

If you want more tankyness, my main advice is to get more life. 6k is a good endgame goal. 6.5k is pushing it with god harvest crafted gear and such.
I'm sitting at 7k life and 2k es on my standard character (no legacy gear). With very high dodge, wind dancer, berserk, and ED's regen, there's very little that can kill it anymore. Good damage means the least time for mobs to hit you, and since ED doesn't have hit/stun/freeze mechanics, it's really important. CHeck out my standard toon, I think it's almost 100% maxed to where I want it to be to run all content the smoothest.
"
Darkxellmc wrote:
CHeck out my standard toon, I think it's almost 100% maxed to where I want it to be to run all content the smoothest.

Wow, just wow. Thank you very much for quick and "deep" response.
I love min-maxing builds to the max and wanted to know which route should I take and you basically answered all the questions I had in my head.
I really enjoy this build and mapping feels so satisfying.

Definitely will play this build in 3.14. Only issues I see is that harvest was nerfed and it would be a lot harder to get top tier gear since we are using mostly rare items.

p.s. How do you generate frenzy charges?
Last edited by Hyperionkek on Mar 16, 2021, 10:13:08 AM
"
Darkxellmc wrote:
"
baridopamarin wrote:

if you want to abuse this, putting a 6L Bane in your offhand bow also works.
You should probably use your main bow as a gem level statstick, as almost all other modifiers don't work when the bow is in offhand. Still. I don't recommend it because it's extremely clunky, and the fact that dots stay when swapped out seems not intended at all.

"
Hyperionkek wrote:

I'd just recommend 1 cluster jewel like mentionned in the guide. There's been a few setups proposed where a large cluster would outdamage athrophy, but it's just very difficult to pull off.
There's so many efficient passive points next to our tree, cluster jewels aren't that big of a deal of this specific build setup.

From a pure theorical defensive standpoint, you shield + wand is tankier than this setup, yes. You'd want to go CI + glancing blows, it's a different setup alltogether really.
The thing is, the damage really sucks. You'll be missing out on 5 gem levels, and your blight will do half the damage. In juiced content like 100% deli, you just won't be able to clear it at all, as everything will take forever to die. You also allow much more room for bosses to hit you. ED already has a low damage ceiling, removing half of it for a slight defensive boost isn't a great idea.
That said, the point of CI is mostly that it hits its defensive powerspikes very early, compared to this build guide that explains how to minmax a character through a whole league.

That said. If somehow you can get a +4 hyrri's, it's "possible" to go wand + mistwall, giving you absurd defences. You'll still loose a third of your damage (still a bit more than going CI), but you'll get absurdly tanky for maps and bosses. Don't do 100% deli using mistwall though, you'll still get overwhelmed and possibly die.

If you want more tankyness, my main advice is to get more life. 6k is a good endgame goal. 6.5k is pushing it with god harvest crafted gear and such.
I'm sitting at 7k life and 2k es on my standard character (no legacy gear). With very high dodge, wind dancer, berserk, and ED's regen, there's very little that can kill it anymore. Good damage means the least time for mobs to hit you, and since ED doesn't have hit/stun/freeze mechanics, it's really important. CHeck out my standard toon, I think it's almost 100% maxed to where I want it to be to run all content the smoothest.
¸

Bane would be great on occultist. If i link 6 link bane i lose culling strike, flame golem, wither totems. What suport gems should i even use for bane and would it be good to anoi +1 curse.
"
Hyperionkek wrote:
p.s. How do you generate frenzy charges?

The Green Nightmare Unique Jewel, it's in his standard build aswell - got mine with corrupted blood corruption this league which is quite nice.

Hello just confirming if what I understood is correct. If I cast essence drain while righteous fire is active it will snapshot all the extra damage here and even if I turn RF off in the middle of ED duration the damage will not decrease right? Thanks

This might give me enough DPS to kill the stupid breachlords in invitation
Last edited by DongKingKong on Mar 17, 2021, 7:30:36 AM
"
DongKingKong wrote:

Hello just confirming if what I understood is correct. If I cast essence drain while righteous fire is active it will snapshot all the extra damage here and even if I turn RF off in the middle of ED duration the damage will not decrease right? Thanks

The damage will actually decrease. As far as I know, the damage on ED's debuff does not snapshot anything other than socket gem levels. You can't turn RF off anyways (outside of a burn removal), so that wouldn't be practical. A much better option would be to replace contagion by a 4link bane, as that's straignt up better on bosses. (bane - despair - controlled destruction - efficacy).
"
Darkxellmc wrote:
"
DongKingKong wrote:

The damage will actually decrease. As far as I know, the damage on ED's debuff does not snapshot anything other than socket gem levels. You can't turn RF off anyways (outside of a burn removal), so that wouldn't be practical. A much better option would be to replace contagion by a 4link bane, as that's straignt up better on bosses. (bane - despair - controlled destruction - efficacy).

I see. So the RF line that says grants 38 percent more damage doesn't actually apply to other spells? Sad I thought it was a global buff. I really thought with RF and Vaal RF active ED gets 50+% more damage.

It feels too clunky to switch gems for bosses so ED and blight it is

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info