[Outdated] Ultimate EDTrickster [2M dps - UNKILLABLE]

It can be done and shields provide amazing ES/defense, but yeah it’s incredibly expensive to scale. Bow builds are just so straightforward and easy to craft. Not expensive really either.
"
Viktranka wrote:

"
caiocaldeira wrote:
I just think block is more reliable defense than Dodge.
How? Block and dodge are exactly the same that you need 75% in each attack and spell value to reach the cap and then you just don't take damage from that. (Or rather take 1 in 4 hits only.)

Unless you can raise your block value above the cap which I'm not sure if you can unless you play a gladiator.

Both types have also map mods that crap on them, one has players have less armor and block, and other is dodge is unlucky and monsters have more accuracy (=you have less evasion).

Kiloava gem also makes you take half the damage from blocked hits so it's only good as a bandaid if you can't reach block cap normally, or if you build a character that has both dodge and block and you circumvent penalties to block from acro by upping block chance to the point you still have enough.

I've seen a build like this on a saboteur once.

Block also has a cooldown I think? Or what's the "stun & block recovery" stat about. Dodge has nothing like that.

Block does not have a cooldown, but blocking a hit puts you into a dazzed state similar to stun if you would have been stunned by the hit. This is a less action speed modifier but not actually a debuff, just a player state afaik, like stun. The length of this state depends on your stun threshold, but not the damage of the hit (idk either, but that's how it works).

Anyways. Stun and block recovery increases logarithmically the speed at which you exit these states. Note that stun immunity prevents block daze entirely, since the "if this hit would have stunned you" check always fails.

Btw, kiloava block can actually feels superior to 75% dodge imo. It's really not, just a feeling thing.
Since you dodge 100% of the damage and block half, dodge can give you a false sense of security by not making you realize you just dodged a 1-hit mechanic. If you'd have blocked it, you'd still get chunked and instinctively back off. In a situation like this, the dodge build is more prone to dying than the inferior block one in the hands of a less experimented player.

Also, ES/HP on block is cool and all, but when playing an ED trickster with massive sources of recovery already anyways, I don't see the point. Really good on other builds, but when playing ED, the times you get hit 30 tiems per second are the times you have 20k+ regen from ed+cont, so I really don't see the point.
I'm about 1/3 through the all-content-smoothly flowchart, and I would upgrade my bow or helmet, but I only have about 2ex and I'm still learning how to farm maps, so I'm thinking a better amulet with +1 chaos or intelligence skill gems. (Edit: According to currency cop, I have enough currency items to get more like 6-7ex, so maybe a bow upgrade is in budget with some trading)

Given my current gear, does that sound like a good move?

This build has been my first time playing POE, and it's been a fun to learn the game with. Right now I'm on high-tier red maps, although I just died 3 times clearing a rare corrupted T16.

Last edited by GERWARIC on May 17, 2020, 11:16:38 AM
"
GERWARIC wrote:
I'm about 1/3 through the all-content-smoothly flowchart, and I would upgrade my bow or helmet, but I only have about 2ex and I'm still learning how to farm maps, so I'm thinking a better amulet with +1 chaos or intelligence skill gems. (Edit: According to currency cop, I have enough currency items to get more like 6-7ex, so maybe a bow upgrade is in budget with some trading)

Given my current gear, does that sound like a good move?

This build has been my first time playing POE, and it's been a fun to learn the game with. Right now I'm on high-tier red maps, although I just died 3 times clearing a rare corrupted T16.

Your gear is pretty solid for this being your first time playing poe, I’m impressed. You actually followed the build and your completing high tier maps. As far as gear goes I think the best thing you can do is make the upgraded bow. Sell whatever items of value you have (scarabs, div cards, uniques, etc.) and turn them into exalts. The best thing you can do to become a better player is learn how to generate large amounts of currency. I think the easiest way to make quick and consistent exalts is delving, getting tons of azurite, buying potent chaotic resonators with that azurite, and selling the resonators. I highly recommend watching some recent YouTube videos on the topic of making currency in poe.

You probably don’t have the crafting recipes to make the bow. Going and getting them could take a lot of time but will be a good experience and prepare you to find those same recipes you’ll need next league. If you want to save time so you can experience other things in the end game I’ll craft it for you, free of charge, it’s super straightforward. All you would need is the correct base item bow with the DoT mod and everything else annulled off and the exalts for the master crafting mods. I hope you’ve been picking up your alts because you will need them. I recommend holding out for a T1 DoT mod, but it’ll be more expensive and you’ll be at the mercy of your annull rng.

Upgrading the amulet for +1 gem level and chaos DoT would actually probably be a bigger upgrade, and they’re fairly straightforward to craft, but again super subject to rng.
Last edited by IceColdPorkSoda on May 17, 2020, 2:03:30 PM
"
Your gear is pretty solid for this being your first time playing poe, I’m impressed. You actually followed the build and your completing high tier maps. As far as gear goes I think the best thing you can do is make the upgraded bow. Sell whatever items of value you have (scarabs, div cards, uniques, etc.) and turn them into exalts. The best thing you can do to become a better player is learn how to generate large amounts of currency. I think the easiest way to make quick and consistent exalts is delving, getting tons of azurite, buying potent chaotic resonators with that azurite, and selling the resonators. I highly recommend watching some recent YouTube videos on the topic of making currency in poe.

Thank you. Lot's of incredibly useful advice to digest!

The game is so extensive that even general guidance on what to learn next is huge, and farming currency in the delve makes sense for me now--I've lost a bunch of xp at 92 fooling around, so a change of pace would be nice. For example, I went into my first Sirus fight without reading about it on purpose, so it was a comic example of how to die six times in a row for nothing. Switching to delving would mix things up. I've done some mining upgrades, but I've barely mined to depth 90, so there's a long way to go. (So far the most reliable way I have of farming currency is chaos recipe, which I've gotten maybe 2-3ex out of).

You're right, I don't have all the recipes for the bow. Once I get enough base currency for the bow crafting, I'd love to take you up on your offer. Going deep into crafting is something I want to do, but probably not in this league.

At first I though I would pick a different build for the next league, but I might redo the ED/trickster just so I can go a little deeper into some of the other content: crafting, map bosses, temple, syndicate, blight, and whatever the next league includes.

I'll also keep an eye out for the +1 dot amulet. I imported my character into the community pob and it looks like an amulet with +1 skill gems and the chaos dot multi is about a +72k dps upgrade, compared with +50k from the bow. And the amulet is cheaper :)

Thanks again. I'm going to go check youtube for delving videos now.
Last edited by GERWARIC on May 17, 2020, 3:10:19 PM
Sounds good. What times PST do you usually play? I’m on in the evening most days, but am pretty flexible on weekdays because I’m working from home.

Also, having a quad tab and the specialty tabs really saves a lot of time, enabling you to make currency faster. Not saying that you have to or should spend money on them, but if you really enjoy the game and want to dive deeper into it they make inventory management so much easier.
To the folks playing with inspired learning, where are you putting it? Would be fun to give that a try for a bit. Thanks!

Also, would appreciate any thoughts on if I'm missing anything glaring here. End game is pretty solid, but I'd like to level-up if possible.

I have 60 EX. A better quiver and finishing the gloves are options. Anything else sticking out? Thanks in advance.

Spoiler

"
Sounds good. What times PST do you usually play? I’m on in the evening most days, but am pretty flexible on weekdays because I’m working from home.

I'm not on every day, but I'm also PST and working from home, and often on in the early evening.

I picked a couple quad tabs that have been a huge help farming chaos recipe. That and the currency tab are a life saver.
In regards to the inspired learning jewel:

The only place you can really put it is in the jewel socket to the right of “resourcefulness”, which is near the shadow start location. I took mine out and sold it. It was insanely fun and could be really great for simulacrum because there are so many rates packed together and spawning constantly. Re-allocating those points gave me more chaos multiplier, %increased life, and resists. It’s just more consistent. I would definitely like to get a headhunter next season somehow.

Wyrmsign seems like an interesting set of unique gloves that synergize with the build because we are always at maximum endurance charges. Rampage could be powerful for speed clearing. I might play with it and see how it feels.
Last edited by IceColdPorkSoda on May 17, 2020, 10:34:39 PM
So I have managed to reach level 100 using this build in Hardcore Delirium League.

Some thoughts:
1. The clear speed once you get over the contagion essence drain combination is very good. I find the best way to farm simulacrums is to do outdoor maps.
2. Bossing is okay. You need decent gear to do the upper bosses deathless. In hardcore, one wrong move and that could cost you. I chose running the sand aura to help prevent long range one shots and blind nearby enemies. That layer of defense I wouldnt trade out for the aspect of the spider. It really helped me several times (alongside wind dancer, god thats so good). If you find yourself dying, make sure to get the historic jewel asap, it helps DRAMATICALLY.
3. I ended up trading out my 28% vertex with near max rolls for crown of the inward eye with a despair enchantment. I then ran bane instead of cwdt setup, the cwdt didnt trigger enough, well because this is an evade, dodge build. The DPS increase is quite dramatic. It made bossing alot more manageable and made tricky shots in maps where essence drain couldnt tag mobs doable. Also note, sometimes you get pesky immortal aura enemies you cant tag with ED easily and bane helps there. Nothing like a kosis being backed up by immortal aura. I used enhance with my bane with despair and empower 4. That helps alot! You could weapon swap but I dont want to fumble mid battle and screw up and die so II just used a 5 linked hyrris.
4. I actually dont run witchfire brew since I am using bane with despair. I typically dont like giving enemies a chance to hit me, so that adds another layer of defense. I ran Taste of Hate for more physical dmg mitigation, though it probably was overkill.
5. Endurance charges help alot, dont be cheap, craft them!
6. I almost died to the ice exile (angel chick). Not sure what hit me. Probably desynced or soemthing. Oh and by almost died I mean like 2/3 of my life lost. I havent been lower ever playing this build. I dont suggest facetanking things though.
7. I ended up with dmg increased belt and chaos dmg from exalt slam. I thought about reforging my belt, but decided to roll with it. The build doesnt need mroe survivability at this point but damage is a must, so I think the chaos dmg role might be superior if you are tryign to do 80% delirium maps and such (I didnt try 100 but I think I could of).
8. Get corrupted blood immunity. Like really. It helps prevent you from dying if your mind wanders for a few seconds. I can be pretty absent minded sometimes.
9. Make the bow yourself. Its not that hard. I would skip the cheaper bow and go straight to the endgame bow. 5l-6l cane is good enough, might as well save the money and use it to craft the bis bow. My xalt slam for my bow sucked, but it is pretty cool!
10. Feel free to PM me if you need advise on not dying in HC.

P.S. The celestial contagion looks amazing.

Great Build

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info