[Outdated] Ultimate EDTrickster [2M dps - UNKILLABLE]

Hello, i just enjoy this build so much, but am not sure what to upgrade next:

I was thinking of upgrading the gloves to the fingerless ones, but i'll lose way too much resistances, what do you guys think i should do ?

btw i have 4.6k life and 2k ES.

hey guys :)

just a question from a newb mate.

Where do you read tooltip DPS?

If I import the pastebin of the endgame version I see 1M DPS on essence drain, but poster talks about 2M (and I am sure he's right!!)

I am just at 350k ED and feeling quite smooth, so I'm looking forward to be at 1M as well... saving up for the bow!

question nr2

I am using as a ring a VIVINSECT unique. gives +5 to my malevolence and has:

- + 20 all attributes
- + 15 life per second for every uncorrupted equipped (which seems a ton to me!)
- + 1 min endurance charges

only drawback is +10% mana reservation for my malevolence.. but it still fits!

what do you think?

thanks a lot!
Why aren't we using The Devouring Diadem?(instead of The Vertex?)

We save/gain:
2 passive skill points. (Eldritch Battery)
15 Feast of Flesh every 5 seconds (Consume a number of corpses around you to recover life, mana and energy shield.)
Socketed Gems have 20% reduced Mana Reservation -> we can run Flesh and stone together with our auras?

E:formating
E: Nvm he already answered this in questions.
Last edited by dreadofthedark on Apr 18, 2020, 4:31:37 PM
"
Warsong87 wrote:
Guys, im wondering, which would be the best Watcher's eye?

Double malevolence, or Malevolence + Discipline?

Malev damage and malev bleed is imo the best combo. Recovery rate is okay too, but I prefer bleed immunity and a dousing flask.

"
kalim8 wrote:
Hello. First of all, thanks for the guide.

I'm having difficulties trying to craft boots, cannot found the matatl's and i really dont know how to craft them from base(i guess you cant, being temple mod)

Without them, I cannot get proper upgrades because of resistances.¿Any advice?

Thank you.

Maybe you can buy already crafted 90%+ resistances temple boots. Crafting yourself seems to be more expensive than buying done already rn.

"
sikduck wrote:
Hello, i just enjoy this build so much, but am not sure what to upgrade next:

I was thinking of upgrading the gloves to the fingerless ones, but i'll lose way too much resistances, what do you guys think i should do ?

btw i have 4.6k life and 2k ES.

Probably focus on replacing your crimson jewel.
Also, if you hit an onslaught bow it'd be pretty easy to get a 30% res abyss jewel in your belt, you you could offset the loss of resistances in your gloves.

Or maybe get a watcher's eye now, idk.

Also, you're level 94, getting 3 more will be a significant health boost, you'll probably break 5.1k life. 4.6 is on the low side (though I'm unsure why, your gear looks real good).

"
Nefion wrote:

I am using as a ring a VIVINSECT unique. gives +5 to my malevolence and has:

- + 20 all attributes
- + 15 life per second for every uncorrupted equipped (which seems a ton to me!)
- + 1 min endurance charges

only drawback is +10% mana reservation for my malevolence.. but it still fits!

what do you think?

thanks a lot!

This ring won't fit if you have another 25% reservation, sadly. It's a good starter option indeed, didn't think about it.

2M dps is blight + ED combined. To hit 2M dps on ED only you really have to minmax your char.
on PoB you should be looking at 700k+ ED dps with average gear (15 wither stacks).

Btw, make sure you vendor flip your gems to 20 quality, and get an ED bow as soon as you can, it really amps up your damage! ^^

"
Darkxellmc wrote:

This ring won't fit if you have another 25% reservation, sadly. It's a good starter option indeed, didn't think about it.

2M dps is blight + ED combined. To hit 2M dps on ED only you really have to minmax your char.
on PoB you should be looking at 700k+ ED dps with average gear (15 wither stacks).

Btw, make sure you vendor flip your gems to 20 quality, and get an ED bow as soon as you can, it really amps up your damage! ^^

still don't have aspect of the spider.. is that the other +25%?
now I run malevolence and discipline and it just fits.

thanks for the explanation on DPS!
what you mean with vendor flip gems? ;)
Last edited by Nefion on Apr 18, 2020, 5:07:02 PM
"
Nefion wrote:

still don't have aspect of the spider.. is that the other +25%?
now I run malevolence and discipline and it just fits.

thanks for the explanation on DPS!
what you mean with vendor flip gems? ;)

Yep, either aspect or flesh&stone cost 25% mana, and fir perfectly with malev+disc and a level 4 effective enlighten (level 3 gem in the vertex).

You can vendor a lvl 20 skill gem with a gemcutter's prism, and it gives you a 20% quality level 1 gem. You should do that on all of your supports, and most of your non primary skill gems (basically everything except ED).
Any thoughts on using despair curse effect over ED damage for the helmet enchant?
In PoB, the damage does not really reflect with witchfire brew activated, but theoretically the damage dealt should be higher, assuming that curse effect does actually work with witchfire brew.
For Sirus I swap contagion with despair anyway to have permanent uptime.
"
ZK_milkY wrote:
Any thoughts on using despair curse effect over ED damage for the helmet enchant?
In PoB, the damage does not really reflect with witchfire brew activated, but theoretically the damage dealt should be higher, assuming that curse effect does actually work with witchfire brew.
For Sirus I swap contagion with despair anyway to have permanent uptime.

I don't think the Despair helm enchant works with Witchfire.

I think your idea of selfcasting Despair on end-game bosses has merit, in which case the helm enchant would be better than the ED enchant. Personally I think the ED enchant is a waste of money. By the time you're min-maxing gear, everything you hit with ED is either going to die instantly or require flasks / wither totems / blight to kill.

However I'd say the 40% increased Blight damage helm enchant is BiS, since it's our main single target damage dealer and you won't have to swap gems to get value from your enchant.
Last edited by kevinbrightblade on Apr 18, 2020, 8:38:04 PM
Hey all, for people looking to push dps a bit more once they've finished out the rest of the build and have money to burn, I have a few other tips to min-max the build.

First, everyone should be going with a large cluster jewel in their build, but if you can pick up some high-end jewels, de-specing from a bunch of dps wheels on the passive tree and getting a second large cluster jewel (between Essence Surge and Hex Master) can be a further ~5-10% overall dps boost. Socketing 1 large + 2 mediums + normal jewels into both of those mediums is the way to go on these, other than your one small 'no witnesses' jewel(thanks ShAd0w3d, you were right on not wasting points on small cluster jewels).

To make the above happen, I did de-spec from Wicked Ward. I had a post a few pages back about my doubts as to its utility in our build, never got any responses, but long and short is that we dont really care too much about ES regen, as we're getting the large bulk of our ES back from Patient Reaper + Ghost Shrouds, and both of those things are recovery (instant return) not regen. Since then, I've ran a bunch of simulacrums, T16-19's, A8 Sirus, and Mastermind. The lack of Wicked Ward was never really an issue at any point in that process, and despecing lets us re-path much more efficiently to the new cluster node.

For general survivability, I am still running a 4L CWDT-Withering Step-Increased Duration-Steelskin link on my boots (with 3 white sockets). This is my setup for general mapping and simulacrums, and gives me a free 2k shield. It is up quite often and provides an extra buffer from dying. For bosses I swap to the more standard wither totem load-out.

Finally, from a pure DPS perspective, the below is the bow to get - yes it means you need an onslaught abyssal gem, but overall its another ~8% more dps over the standard endgame bow.

Putting this all together, I'm sitting at 5.5k life, 2.1k ES, and 1.14 million ED tooltip DPS in HO with nothing up / 2.5m ED shaper DPS on PoB. Pretty much done with this build, was quite fun pushing things to their limit though :)

edit: few other random things, also go for a double DoT + life quiver if you haven't already. Cast speed is also really nice to pick up where you can to smooth out the contagion + ED cast.
Last edited by arelil on Apr 19, 2020, 12:20:25 AM
Hey, just wanted to thank you for the guide. I only started a few weeks ago and I'm clearing t16s with ease already! Granted I've been pretty lucky with exault drops and just recently scored a 5 passive Visions to sell for a great bow. Just cleared Sirus for the first time yesterday, too.

But I would have had no clue whatsover how to do this kind of build without your guide. I did read some others, but it seems to me a lot of their info is a bit outdated.

I read a lot of them recommending a wand and shield and I can't see that out dps'ing a bow and quiver with the way you laid out it should be crafted.

Anyway, can't recommend the guide enough. Super informative but not drawn out.

Cheers!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info