[Outdated] Ultimate EDTrickster [2M dps - UNKILLABLE]

While I think 36 challenges might be a tad much, this build (together with the fact that my government is temporarily helping my company pay me a full wage even though my hours have been cut, letting me play much more than in previous leagues) has let me do harder endgame content than ever before. Also allowed me to do content that drops stuff like Cortex and Fated Connections.

Thing is that ED/Contagion is both incredibly strong and hampered in a very busy and frenetic league like this because the massive screen-clearing capacity without needing to aim is offset by the fact that you need to cast two spells, one of which has a very slow cast speed. When mobs and area hazards are appearing all over the damn place randomly, you need to position yourself and know when to fire off the spells. It might not be the most efficient build in terms of investment-to-survivability-and-clearing-ratio, but it definitely lets you do everything if you have the patience to grind exalts for the BiS stuff.

As to the boss-killing... It's what you get with ED. You don't expect a Corvette to go off-road with much panache.
Last edited by Kastanj on Apr 16, 2020, 2:59:47 PM

I need some pro advises here on what to upgrade next ? Maybe jewels, watchers's eye ?

I just killed Sirus at lvl 6 and Shaper, both deathless. I'm able to complete Simulacrum all levels.

The build doesn't feel squishy any more, it's actually pretty good, but needs investment.

I'm wondering if i can change the totem gems with something better, i rarely even use then, even on bosses they die very fast.
Last edited by fizo1 on Apr 17, 2020, 1:48:42 AM
Is it still worth to add a watcher's eye to this build?
"
LittleShorkan wrote:
I guess. I'm following a reddit guide but I'm afraid many of the things they rate as "easy" or "normal" are too RNG or "grindy" for me.

Like, I learned what Perandus chests are when I saw I needed to open 150 of them. I had opened 0 of course. AFAIK I can only spawn them by paying 4c or trading for scarabs.

I have also used exactly 0 of the Betrayal benches asked for the challenge. Only after reading a lot have I began to understand how the Syndicate scheme works, and I still don't know if certain things are just random or can be forced.

For some reason defeating Atziri on the temple is "normal" difficulty but I've been reading how to trigger her spawn and it looks like a lot of grind and RNG.

I know these things CAN be done and only need more time, but I'm afraid of getting bored before I manage them all.

Anyway, sorry for the offtopic!

For perandus just map normally and spend the chaos. It even paid off for me as I got a 4ex card in the chest but don't expect anything good.
For betrayal, it's just mechanics knowledge. They're not hard to target.
For atziri, it's the most annoying one but alva has shit rewards anyway so you can target her pretty quickly.
"
Gushka wrote:
It's a lot of money for a medium upgrade. Don't prioritize it at all, like the essence drain helmet.
Last edited by Shuggananas on Apr 16, 2020, 5:52:00 PM
"
Gushka wrote:
After you have all the essential upgrades and still want to invest into the build yeah, it's nice to have, but it's basically the level of slightly better transcendent mind with extra 5-6% life for ~10 times the price?

"
LittleShorkan wrote:
I have also used exactly 0 of the Betrayal benches asked for the challenge. Only after reading a lot have I began to understand how the Syndicate scheme works, and I still don't know if certain things are just random or can be forced.
Well they're semi random but if you save Jun missions you can spam them on maps and try to fish for it.

First, I hope the guide you followed wrote which npc needs to be in which section, because the achievement doesn't say, but it's determined, for example if you get Vorici in research he will always offer you the white socket option. And there are 6(?) conditions like that that have to be met.

So what you can do is if you encounter the person you need and he joins a wrong section (let's say Vorici in intervention) you prison him until he loses all ranks, then you never execute him or use friendship options until you get the correct one like for example "Tora and Vorici become friends, Vorici moves to research", these options are RANDOM, so it can take ages to move them to correct sections.

If you're missing a specific person (for example I didn't have it that fled at all, you get 14/17 people in at any given time), you have to either take options to kick someone out like "Haku removed from immortal syndicate" and hope you get the correct person in, or kill the Mastermind that resets everything back to square 1, and hope the correct person is back in.

I completed 4/6 I think in my first pass? Then killed mastermind and trying to see if I get the other 2 up... if not then I wasted my time cuz she dropped the worst loot. :(

"
LittleShorkan wrote:
For some reason defeating Atziri on the temple is "normal" difficulty but I've been reading how to trigger her spawn and it looks like a lot of grind and RNG.
Well people use Alva missions to "juice" their delirium anyway, so what you can do is write down / remember which rooms you should be upgrading and yolo random the rest. Atziri I think starts from "royal meeting room", and other valuable rooms are the ones that sacrifice a unique, double corrupt a unique or double corrupt a gem (there's a bigger guide somewhere I bet), rest of the rooms are not that great even if you scuff them you probably won't lose much. You can try to always maximize for best rooms so you get let's say maps instead of traps and legion instead of mobs are buffed by lightning, but that's if you care to min max.
guys, about the mana issue

how much do we really get from Mind Over Matter?

I find myself in many situations dying because i get hit and my shield gets completely depleted, then i have no mana or shield to leech life again

I have almost 2k shield, and i cant find any way to make it higher unless i start despecting life nodes.
You'll die instead if you don't use MoM
You shouldn't get mana depleted so often, doesn't sound right
"
Darkxellmc wrote:
"
Esp3n wrote:
Best secondary affix on the Watcher's Eye after Malevolence DoT multi?

Unaffected by bleeding is pretty pog imo.
If you still have wicked ward but no soul strike, start of recharge is real nice. Anything on disc is quite nice tbh.
Absolute best would be recovery rate on malev, or clarity as extra ES (though I didn't think about how to fit it in).

To pick your brain a bit more if I can.

Malevolence recovery rate is 36 ex, Discipline recovery rate is 18 ex (bleed immune is 40). Do you think it's worth it for the extra life recovery? I know it's relative to how much mony one's got. I have approx 45 ex atm.

Bleed immune would let me get dousing on flask, though (corrupted blood immune on jewel)...
Last edited by Esp3n on Apr 17, 2020, 7:49:15 AM
"
Esp3n wrote:

To pick your brain a bit more if I can.

Malevolence recovery rate is 36 ex, Discipline recovery rate is 18 ex (bleed immune is 40). Do you think it's worth it for the extra life recovery? I know it's relative to how much mony one's got. I have approx 45 ex atm.

Bleed immune would let me get dousing on flask, though (corrupted blood immune on jewel)...

If you have 45 ex right now, I'd probably buy a regular 1mod eye, and spend the rest on hosting pure elemntal rotas to reach 99. That'll get you to 99 easily.
Other choice is probably to go for the bleed immunity, it's just really nice to have. And as you said, a dousing health flash sure doesn't hurt!
I'm confused about the medium cluster jewel.

Why do we want Flow of Life? Why not Brush with Death and Exposure Therapy? I gather from your original post (and from trade prices) that Flow of Life is superior, but I thought Damage Over Time Multiplier was way more helpful than Increased Damage Over Time. And the defensive stuff on Brush/Exposure looks better too. But I don't know.

Anyway, thanks for the build. This has carried me further into the game than I've ever been, and it's been really fun!

Ref:
Brush with death
+10% to Damage over Time Multiplier
Recover 1% of Life on Kill
Recover 1% of Energy Shield on Kill

Flow of life
24% increased Damage over Time
4% increased maximum Life
Regenerate 0.6% of Life per second

Exposure Therapy
+10% to Damage over Time Multiplier
+30% Chaos Resistance against Damage Over Time