[Outdated] Ultimate EDTrickster [2M dps - UNKILLABLE]

Another six-portal to Sirus.

This build is useless against endgame bosses and is constantly getting oneshot even with flasks up.

Advice to anybody looking to start this up: DO NOT BOTHER unless you have 100+ exalts to dump on perfect gear because it can't do anything against endgame content otherwise.
"

This build is useless against endgame bosses and is constantly getting oneshot even with flasks up.

Advice to anybody looking to start this up: DO NOT BOTHER unless you have 100+ exalts to dump on perfect gear because it can't do anything against endgame content otherwise.

Your boots and gloves are terrible, would only take a couple ex to upgrade. But you should still be able to do Sirus A8 with that gear.

Sounds like operator error.

"

LOL even with leveling gear I cleared Sirus 5... Sirus is not hard, just annoying.

Right now I'm trying to improve gear so I can stand a 20 wave. Playing less this league because IT didn't stop working at all here.
"There's no thing like random one-shots in this game. You only die because you take 353,456,237 hits in 0.2 seconds."

"The best items in the game should not be crafted, they should be TRADED." - Cent, GGG
Hi! This is my current gear:

My next goal is Gloves with DoT, chaos DoT and culling strike.
So.. What should I upgrade after gloves?
"
ShAd0w3d wrote:
"

Your boots and gloves are terrible, would only take a couple ex to upgrade. But you should still be able to do Sirus A8 with that gear.

You're delusional if you think glove/boots upgrades are only a couple Exalts.

If the build can't survive without top gear, it's a build problem. Sirus oneshots through ES heal every time. How eager we are to overlook the reality that most people aren't elite god gamers who can do Sirus lvl 1 deathless and your ability to do so does not invalidate the flaws in a particular build.

Last edited by PrincessRevolver on Apr 14, 2020, 8:08:39 PM
I think most people play bosses like mobs and try to kill them from afar. Every boss, i go eyeball to eyeball as much as possible and don't have any problems. Cortex, elder, Sirus, Shaper, T16 maps with 100% deliriuum - done. haven't done uber as working on fragments and havent attempted Simulacrum yet, just accumulating splinters atm first.

You have great clear, mediocre boss damage, but it does kill all boss and tanks. So works perfect and as described for my play-style.

My gear is getting there; but I have a crappy helmet with no decent enchant, crappy boots, and only just got a 21 Ed gem and awakened gem in the link, as i'm on ps4 and I play it like its SSF.

Just got this ring and really wish it had an open suffix...

Last edited by Snowball_InHell on Apr 14, 2020, 8:30:47 PM
Any1 can look at my char and tell me what to upgrade ?
"
"
ShAd0w3d wrote:
"

If the build can't survive without top gear, it's a build problem. Sirus oneshots through ES heal every time. How eager we are to overlook the reality that most people aren't elite god gamers who can do Sirus lvl 1 deathless and your ability to do so does not invalidate the flaws in a particular build.

Upgrades over those boots and gloves are easily only a couple ex because the ones you are using are terrible - they have zero life. It isn't top gear, just basic life + res rares. You can get t1 life matatl boots + decent res for less than 1 ex (non-two tones) which would be significantly better than yours. And don't get me started on the gloves.

Sirus is pretty easy to deal with once you know the mechanics, the only thing that can come close to one-shotting you is eating a full die beam, or the circle meteor drop. That isn't a build problem.

Last edited by ShAd0w3d on Apr 14, 2020, 8:39:05 PM
"
"
ShAd0w3d wrote:
"

I've played quite a few different builds over a number of leagues, and I will say that the ED-Contagion playstyle, while not crazy high DPS that can 100-0 Shaper in 3 seconds, is one I do not mind bossing on at all. In this league I have cleared shaper, uber elder, and sirus with this build - all deathless, and two of those three (shaper + sirus) before I had most of the gear that Im currently running. The reason for this is simple - this is a build the requires very little interaction to kill a boss on. You simply DoT the boss with an ED, and then spend the next 10 seconds avoiding their mechanics while their health ticks down. Take this in contrast to a cyclone build, channeling build, or even a more standard spellcaster build that requires you to stay stationary and engaged in combat to actually do damage. If you're familiar with a fight and aware of a boss's mechanics, there is really no reason you should be 6-portaling any fight, as your only job should be simply to stay alive long enough for your ED hits to win the fight for you. You also really dont need to worry about regen in any way, as ED ticks will passively heal you throughout the fight. This has nothing to do with 'pro gamer ability' or any other sort of straw man you're attempting to use to deflect from perceived shortcomings, but rather an understanding of what move is going to hit after a certain sound happens, or when a certain % life is reached. This was my first league with Sirus (didn't play last league) and it took all of me watching a 10 min youtube video on the fight to run him deathless.
"
arelil wrote:

I've played quite a few different builds over a number of leagues, and I will say that the ED-Contagion playstyle, while not crazy high DPS that can 100-0 Shaper in 3 seconds, is one I do not mind bossing on at all. In this league I have cleared shaper, uber elder, and sirus with this build - all deathless, and two of those three (shaper + sirus) before I had most of the gear that Im currently running. The reason for this is simple - this is a build the requires very little interaction to kill a boss on. You simply DoT the boss with an ED, and then spend the next 10 seconds avoiding their mechanics while their health ticks down. Take this in contrast to a cyclone build, channeling build, or even a more standard spellcaster build that requires you to stay stationary and engaged in combat to actually do damage. If you're familiar with a fight and aware of a boss's mechanics, there is really no reason you should be 6-portaling any fight, as your only job should be simply to stay alive long enough for your ED hits to win the fight for you. You also really dont need to worry about regen in any way, as ED ticks will passively heal you throughout the fight. This has nothing to do with 'pro gamer ability' or any other sort of straw man you're attempting to use to deflect from perceived shortcomings, but rather an understanding of what move is going to hit after a certain sound happens, or when a certain % life is reached. This was my first league with Sirus (didn't play last league) and it took all of me watching a 10 min youtube video on the fight to run him deathless.

I don't see in what way your strawman about a 10 minute video is in any way relevant. This is again just an anecdotal experience of someone who knows the fight in and out to the point they can do it on any build and pretend like this means every build is viable. And this is incorrect because the build requires you to be close enough to continue to damage them with Blight, because relying solely on essence drain means spending 20 minutes dodging mechanics, and the heal tics only help against dots while doing nothing to prevent the numerous oneshots he employs, many of which overlap or are positioned in such as way as to be unavoidable from certain positions. Don't even get me started on aoes being layered over each other or hidden by existing particles or floor effects making them invisible and unfairly deadly.

You having spent way too much time playing this game does not fix the glaring survivability and bossing damage issues this build suffers from.
Last edited by PrincessRevolver on Apr 14, 2020, 9:15:09 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info