[Outdated] Ultimate EDTrickster [2M dps - UNKILLABLE]

"
ThirdProphecy wrote:
Except that you need 40 int in radius for wither to apply - and none of the nodes in your skill tree steps have 40 int selected in radius?
You need 40 int in radius doesn't require them to be allocated (compare to transcendent mind which refers to allocated / unallocated). Also coldhearted calculation gives int, not only travel nodes contribute.
Last edited by Viktranka on Apr 12, 2020, 1:34:58 PM
"
jonashovinen wrote:
I see so many people with the same problem that keeps getting ignored. And that problem is getting 1 shotted on maps, and not being able to kill Sirus / other bosses.

What I find very frustrating is that this exact same question keeps coming up with detailed info on the current gear and / or with a link to the profile.

I have the same problem, I am stuck in lvl 92 and I keep getting 1 shotted even on maps as low as tier 11. My personal problem being (probably) the missing endurance charges, but what I find very VERY troublesome is that people with near perfect gear are reporting the SAME problem.

Someone with a lot of experience with this build (pref. lvl 100 etc.) please respond, there's so many of us that struggle with the same problem.

I'm level 95, and I haven't felt squishy for a long time. I'm a little tired of people complaining that they feel squishy without hitting the dodge cap, which is an important part of the build. I also get the feeling that these same people don't have 100% flask uptime while clearing maps (please just active all your flasks right before you cast Essence Drain and your flasks will be back to full before the duration runs out).

To put it in perspective, if you're missing 10% dodge and sitting at 65% dodge chance instead of 75%, you're getting hit by 40% more attacks than if you were capped. Just like resists, the closer you are to your cap, the more each point of dodge is worth.
Last edited by thrdechelonelite on Apr 12, 2020, 2:48:30 PM
I'm level 92 and haven't felt too squishy either. I have DPS problems with bosses, but I know that's mainly due to still being on the 5ex bow and not the 10ex one. (I'm working on it.) I haven't hit the dodge cap, but the +1 minimum endurance charge jewelry has done wonders to my survivability. I've been doing t16 maps pretty easily for a while. Bosses take some time, but I just apply ED and drop totems, then I run around for a while. Not too bad.
"
dimitrec wrote:
I just tried my first Sirus fight (ever) and it was a complete disaster.
Is my build not good enough yet, am I missing something essential or it should be just my lack of knowledge of the fight?

I also seem to be dying too much on t14 maps,
I am stuck at 90 and cant level up anymore because of all the dying

https://pastebin.com/ZMv0tiP1

Hey! I'm not an expert, but I can let you know what I'm seeing right away.

-You could probably swap out your Spreading Rot jewel for either a Brutal Restraint (make sure it has the Deshret mod) or a Green Nightmare. Both will improve your survivability.

-Getting +1 minimum endurance charges on jewelry will help a lot as well.

This build is not great for bossing, but with some work you should be able to take on Sirus and map comfortably up through t16.

ALSO: For Sirus, get a corrupted gem with the mod "Corrupted Blood cannot be inflicted on you" and put it into your skill tree when you fight Sirus. This will make his final phase way more doable.

Would you settle for that or take 33% gamble to hit off es+mana with beastcrafting to craft %es+life, hoping it would get it over 310es?
Think this is worth taking a Large Cluster node to build around? I haven't come across large cluster options in the thread. Any thoughts on this megalomaniac? I haven't seen anything like it on the market really.

Edit:

Fettle +20 Max Life, 10% Increased Max life
Prismatic Carapace +1 Max All Elemental Res, 30% increased armor
Dark Ideation 2% Increased Chaos Dmg per 100 Mana, up to a max of 80%

I currently have about 1k mana, so 20%.
Last edited by On Your Knees on Apr 12, 2020, 10:33:51 PM
"
On Your Knees wrote:
Unavailable
Think this is worth taking a Large Cluster node to build around? I haven't come across large cluster options in the thread. Any thoughts on this megalomaniac? I haven't seen anything like it on the market really.

Edit:

Fettle +20 Max Life, 10% Increased Max life
Prismatic Carapace +1 Max All Elemental Res, 30% increased armor
Dark Ideation 2% Increased Chaos Dmg per 100 Mana, up to a max of 80%

I currently have about 1k mana, so 20%.

I have a big post about cluster jewels on page 316. Basically, yes they are super worthwhile (if you get well-rolled jewels), I went to a 1 large - 2 medium - 2 small setup and boosted my overall DPS by ~10% with no real downside. Can look at the setup I'm currently running on my profile. I personally am not a huge fan of that megalomaniac, unless you get a super stacked one it's just not worth the dead point, especially when you can instead be getting 5% DoT multi from the equivalent small node by using a normal medium cluster jewel.
Last edited by arelil on Apr 12, 2020, 10:49:52 PM
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
"
arelil wrote:
I have a big post about cluster jewels on page 316. Basically, yes they are super worthwhile (if you get well-rolled jewels), I went to a 1 large - 2 medium - 2 small setup and boosted my overall DPS by ~10% with no real downside. Can look at the setup I'm currently running on my profile. I personally am not a huge fan of that megalomaniac, unless you get a super stacked one it's just not worth the dead point, especially when you can instead be getting 5% DoT multi from the equivalent small node by using a normal medium cluster jewel.

Yeah, I took the Large Cluster jewel route you described and I'm loving it. Thanks for the write up.

I don't know why people are saying that this build isn't a boss killer. I have no issues doing deathless A8 Sirus and wave 20 of Simulacrum. It might not instakill bosses, but it's still perfectly respectable.
"
I personally am not a huge fan of that megalomaniac, unless you get a super stacked one it's just not worth the dead point, especially when you can instead be getting 5% DoT multi from the equivalent small node by using a normal medium cluster jewel.

Does 20% Chaos damage beat 5% Dot Multi? Does POB calculate DoT correct or do I need to add some particular forks. The jewel I linked seems worth the downside of 1 dead node as long as +1 max res and 20% Chaos damage are worth a point. Usually you have to travel 2 unnecessary nodes for +1 all res. The 10% max life +20 flat I believe is one of the more sought after passives for anyone concerned with hp on a Megalomaniac.
I've just killed Sirus at awakener lvl5 few hours ago, i uses all portals unfortunatly but i managed to kill it.

One advice from me - get culling strike on your gloves or bow. Usually the last 10%HP of the bosses fights are the hardest, but if you have this skill, you will skip the thoughtest phases. Also make sure to follow the guide strictly and dont post comments before finishing the build.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info