[Outdated] Ultimate EDTrickster [2M dps - UNKILLABLE]

"
Kartofaniwe wrote:
Lol, i got this for 120c. It was very lucky. 20ex is a minimum price haha

Hope its ilvl 85? Otherwise you wont be able to roll -9 chaos. Still cheap for the enchant tho!
"
JohnyStalker wrote:
UNKILLABLE ???
Biggest lie since Neverending Story !
Why lure other with big promises ?
Ok i dont expect im realy unkillable but until now i cant see diffrence in tankiness to other builds ... how sad i waste my time with this ...

So, your average build has 8k+ ehp, 3k+ regen, 75% dodge or block, HP gained on hit, mitigates 25%+ of incoming damage, 30k evasion on top because why not, hiders enemies around you, can blind and chill bosses while face tanking and has oneshot protection from wind dancer?
All of that while being able to blow up multiple screen away like your typical 4khp raider?

I don't know if we're playing the same game, if your average build is more durable than that I'm surely doing something wrong! :o

That aside, your whole setup is worth about 100c tops. If you're clearing anything above t11 with this low of a budget, you're going to die while clearing it, on any setup (I mean, maybe not arcmage brands, but you get the point).
Upgrade your gear, you have one, maybe two of tankyness sources cited above. Basically not playing the same build here. Delirium is a very rippy league, and you gotta make sure your gear is ready for it.
Damage wise too, as if you're clearing above t11 with this, it probably feels pretty weak.

"
Warsong87 wrote:
He guys!

Gotta say that this build is AWESOME, pretty much did all the content but Uber elder (just tried once and failed :( )

I followed the upgrading steps at the end of this build, but right now, im wondering which would be the best improvement I can get now that every single upgrade means A LOT of exalteds...

This is my current gear:

I've got a few options:

- Double dot quiver
- Hubris helmet
- Full 21/20 or awakened gems
- Watcher's Eye

Which would you say is the best I can get.

Thank you so much and enjoy the quarantine :D

Ps: Im still using Spreading rot as well, should I just remove it and buy chaos dot + life jewel, or even watcher's?

Working from home... --'

Anyways. Awakened swift affliction is pretty big, dunno how much that costs currently.
Also, you have two (mostly) useless point on your tree near blood drinker, start pathing to Herbalism instead. You may even remove 2 points from quick recovery and put the 2 last points in herbalism, it's better value. Quick recovery just really suck for life nodes, but I don't really know what to replace it with (life wise. We want more life.).

Also, redeemer slam your bow.

"
Pud1MxD wrote:
Quick questions:

Do I need to socket contagion on the gloves with culling strike for it to work?

Is there any good corruption for the quiver?

No, that cull is global to all hits from your character.

There's no relevent corruptions on quiver. +1 chain is nice memes, but isn't actually even a tiny clearspeed boost, it really is just a meme. A 10ex meme.
If you wanna upgrade from soul strike, start looking at life+dot multi hunter quivers, they're worth it.

"
Kartofaniwe wrote:

Wtf. Is it ilvl 85?

"
"
JohnyStalker wrote:
UNKILLABLE ???
Biggest lie since Neverending Story !
Why lure other with big promises ?
Ok i dont expect im realy unkillable but until now i cant see diffrence in tankiness to other builds ... how sad i waste my time with this ...

Well it's not a lie. You're just not done. You don't have endurance charges on your jewelry, you need a Stygian, you need brutal restraint, you need to swap to bow and Soul Strike, and I bet you need to dodge cap. Sorry to be the one to tell you this, but any build that you half-ass is going to "waste your time".

Edit: Sorry, not sorry.

Harsh way to say that, but very true.

I kinda wish moire people would realize that, no, you can't clear endgame content with basic life+resists gear. Some niche builds might be able to do it, mostly abusing non meta uniques, but most skills absolutely can't do that.

There's currently not a single skill that goes above 300k dps with just a tree, a basic weapon and a 6l. You pretty much need 1M MINIMUM dps to kill any real endgame boss. Any build that claims you can kill endgame bosses with a tabula and life+resist gear is flat out lying to you. It was kinda true before the 3.9 conquerors expansion, but the new health scaling is not actually relevant. Of course, there's a few exceptions to this, GC mines being a good exemple, or doomfletch traps, stuff like that.

The current mentality (mostly conveyed by streamers tbh) is to make builds appear as cheap as you can. It sells better, and there's of course some pride to have when thousands of people follow your guide(s). I'm also guilty of this, I'm the first one to put clickbait titles and focus more on pros than cons.
But let's be real. No, your average build isn't "just the same without headhunter". No, you can't just replaces all voices in a herald build with 2 socket jarge jewels. No, you can't "just not get the +4 corruption", or just the "non legacy slightly nerfed version". Yes, you can (must, actually) swap out all gear pieces of a build for more budget alternatives, but it won't feel the same without the best pieces. The temporary gear should be a placeholder while you farm to acquire the BiS items, not shit you buy at t1 maps and keep forever.

A build is as much about progression as it is about the end goal of the fully built character. I wish more guide makers focused more on the path to build a good character rather than on what gear they currently have equipped. Not only does it make for a much easier to follow guide, but it doesn't make people believe that the budget version performs as good as the minmaxed version. I still have a lot of room to improve on this too, but at least I'm trying. I think.

Rent over, sorry.

"
Mswiatcz wrote:
What's my biggest flaw here gents?

The single biggest flow of your gear is no quality on your totem gems. 40% placement speed makes a world of difference.
S'pretty good otherwise, but I haven't looked in details, sorry.

"
hunter_AS wrote:
"
hunter_AS wrote:

looking at what to upgrade next - the build pretty much blows up a lot of content, but I haven't been able to clear a two player kosis wave 20 yet... I barely scratch the guy.

here is my tree:

https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAYCAASzBbUG5wceCPQOSA-rES0Rlha_Go0c3B9BIuoi9CSLJogmlSycMHEyATLRM6M2PTfUOZk6Qjy2RUdFnUkTSVFJsUt4TINMs1FHU1JVS1smXEBdjl3yXkVh4mKsakNqjGwLbIxtGW1scNR0gXWedoJ713yDf8Z_-4IehTKHy4ngjDaNv48aj_qTH5MnlS6XlZf0mFOa4J2qoS-iAKKjotmjo6QFp5uw2LIZtNG1SLcwvOq-isBmwfPDOsgMyBTKWc8Vz3rQH9FF1CPXz9o72wvdqOZY6Fro1uvu7T_viO_r8NX1b_k3-aT66w==?accountName=hunter_AS&characterName=Adadehm

reposting so it gets viewed :P

- Not sure what's going on with your gloves, lol. Not that bad, just really weird. I'd probably remove the multimod to craft life? Or just start over, tbh. But maybe not, 50% damage is really nice too.

- Remove discipline and training to pick up herbalism, it's more value per point.

- Quality up your non main gems (except auras ofc), it does make a pretty big difference. You'll get totem placement speed, blight damage, and mainly AOE.

- Your flask setup kinda sucks, I'd redo it all for warding, heat (do you die each time you get frozen?), and adrenaline setup. Keep the staunching ofc, but maybe on a better flask.

- Redo that amulet. You have very little life overall, getting 70+ on your amy slot would really help.

Anyways. I see you're gone to play herald stacking.
Enjoy it while it lasts, it'll get hammered next patch. It's beyond busted, have fun.

Gl hf!

"
ozten wrote:
"
Kartofaniwe wrote:

Hope its ilvl 85? Otherwise you wont be able to roll -9 chaos. Still cheap for the enchant tho!

It's ilvl 88 :D
When i saw its on trade, it was posted a minute ago. So its a bit of luck
Hi guys, forum noob here, how do I even link gears from my character in Profile into my post here? lol...

Anyway, just want some advice on which part of my gear to work on right now.. Is it the helm? I should switch out vertex by now?

As for the skill gems... yea I know I need to work on them.. but leveling them up is so slow... then vendor recipe for 20% quality and level again... then corrupt and screw it up and re-level again... lol....

Any guidance is appreciated!
"
h0raz0n wrote:
Hi guys, forum noob here, how do I even link gears from my character in Profile into my post here? lol...

Anyway, just want some advice on which part of my gear to work on right now.. Is it the helm? I should switch out vertex by now?

As for the skill gems... yea I know I need to work on them.. but leveling them up is so slow... then vendor recipe for 20% quality and level again... then corrupt and screw it up and re-level again... lol....

Any guidance is appreciated!

You're character is private. To link gear, click your portrait with a reply open, and click your gear.

For what to upgrade, follow the flow chart.
IGN DanteAllighari - Standard
ArcTesla - Domination
DanteAlighari - Domination
Hey all

Fairly new, started playing late last league... loving this guide, it's made life a lot easier. The flow charts are a nice touch, very helpful.

I have a recipe for 30% quality corruption in my Beastiary, is it a good idea to use it on my Hyrri's Ire?

"
thomasv7 wrote:
Hey all

Fairly new, started playing late last league... loving this guide, it's made life a lot easier. The flow charts are a nice touch, very helpful.

I have a recipe for 30% quality corruption in my Beastiary, is it a good idea to use it on my Hyrri's Ire?

Can't hurt I guess? I bought a +50 dex and 220% increased evasion rating then made it 30%, so that I do not have to do this again in the future.
I think I'm pretty close to finishing up this build, it's been the best iteration of an ED Trickster I've played, good dps and very tanky. awesome job :)

One small change for even more survivability that I recommend. During general play (t16 mapping, simulacrum, etc.), I found myself using my wither totems very infrequently. As this was effectively a wasted slot most of the time, I found that socketing in a CWDT setup with steelskin + withering step was super helpful, and I found myself dying noticeably less often, especially in high waves of simulacrum. I'm running CWDT level 20, which will pop after we take 3.2k damage - this happens with a relatively high frequency even in mapping - but this allows us to take lvl 20 steelskin, which gives us a 2.2k shield, boosting our effective total life pool by a full 25% temporarily. We also have Withering Step proc at the same time, which refreshes our elusive buff, boosting us back up to max dodge chance if we were not already there, and applying 7 stacks of wither to nearby enemies. Although the AOE wither ends when we next use a spell, as it is an instant application to enemies in range when CWDT procs it, nearby enemies (aka those that were damaging us) will automatically be hit with it. For endgame boss encounters where you want the extra wither totem damage, you can still swap to the more traditional setup if you run CWDT in a 2x whitesocket 4L setup. Here's what I'm running it on now:

i feel like i have reached a cap with the build. Is there any noticeable upgrade left to obtain, or is it just min/maxing at this point?

This is my gear.

Watcher's, trascendence ,triple chaos damage with %life, and brutal deshret.
Last edited by danit0x on Apr 8, 2020, 2:06:19 AM
Am I blind or is the HoG gear setup gone? I wanted to try it for atlas completion.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info