[Outdated] Ultimate EDTrickster [2M dps - UNKILLABLE]

"
ozten wrote:
"
No, alch and chaos don't touch quality. Augs, regals, annuls and exalts do.

Might wanna slam the belt after crafting though. Cost me 60c cause I had to requality it up :(

Having 20% life quality makes hitting life when crafting more likely
So no, you should craft it before, and after if you slam
"
Shuggananas wrote:
"
ozten wrote:
"
No, alch and chaos don't touch quality. Augs, regals, annuls and exalts do.

Might wanna slam the belt after crafting though. Cost me 60c cause I had to requality it up :(

Having 20% life quality makes hitting life when crafting more likely
So no, you should craft it before, and after if you slam
Aha, the more you know. Good thing I didnt try to craft and bought mine then.
"
Darkxellmc wrote:
I feel like the power of rare items is not understood by too many players. No matter what I recommend, people will ask me "what do I upgrade", and all their rares will be life/resistances. Only exception is movement speed on boots, that's a standard by now.
I feel like it's just anchored in people's mind that rares are for life and resistances. If we'd use a unique item, everyone would use it. But since it's rare, no one bothers. It's not about budget, it's just that people don't realize it's important, because there's no dedicated item just for that.
For me the problem with rare items is that 1) crafting system is still confusing to me despite playing this game for over a year now 2) even when I follow a "recipe" how to craft x item there's often RNG involved and I never get the presented "end result" and just give up.

Buying a unique is easy. Crafting a rare is million questions, what base do I use, what level it needs to be, does it require influence, how do I obtain this base cheap, how do I craft the item, do I use essences, fossils, alt / chaos spam, other methods, then there's mod blocking, multimodding, unlocking veiled mods, a lot of stuff. If I use awakener orb on on item do I lose the mods on the item except one targeted influence mod, and so forth.

I only tried 2 times to fossil craft an item, both times I only needed 2 stats to come together, both times I couldn't get anything close to satisfactory after 20-30 tries and tbh buying fossils / resonators wastes me a whole afternoon of gameplay, it's just not fun.

I understand there are players who don't have this issue because they're much more advanced (I think usually I manage to farm maybe 30ex worth of gear within a 3 month of a league span?) but for people who are casuals, they run with basic life + resist gear because it's cheap and easy to understand.

You can spot that people keep asking questions about how to craft bow / gloves / other pieces, even though the guide has extensive gear explanation / crafting section (which is amazing imo, a lot of guides do not explain their gear choices or way of obtaining it and it ends up with people overpaying or getting wrong items because they're not sure which mods of target gear are the important ones).
"
Viktranka wrote:
For me the problem with rare items is that 1) crafting system is still confusing to me despite playing this game for over a year now 2) even when I follow a "recipe" how to craft x item there's often RNG involved and I never get the presented "end result" and just give up.

Buying a unique is easy. Crafting a rare is million questions, what base do I use, what level it needs to be, does it require influence, how do I obtain this base cheap, how do I craft the item, do I use essences, fossils, alt / chaos spam, other methods, then there's mod blocking, multimodding, unlocking veiled mods, a lot of stuff. If I use awakener orb on on item do I lose the mods on the item except one targeted influence mod, and so forth.

I only tried 2 times to fossil craft an item, both times I only needed 2 stats to come together, both times I couldn't get anything close to satisfactory after 20-30 tries and tbh buying fossils / resonators wastes me a whole afternoon of gameplay, it's just not fun.

I understand there are players who don't have this issue because they're much more advanced (I think usually I manage to farm maybe 30ex worth of gear within a 3 month of a league span?) but for people who are casuals, they run with basic life + resist gear because it's cheap and easy to understand.

You can spot that people keep asking questions about how to craft bow / gloves / other pieces, even though the guide has extensive gear explanation / crafting section (which is amazing imo, a lot of guides do not explain their gear choices or way of obtaining it and it ends up with people overpaying or getting wrong items because they're not sure which mods of target gear are the important ones).

I never realized you were not even playing ED trickster! :o
Thanks for taking the time to answer to some questions here, I really appreciate it! ^^

You're pretty much spot on, and my own story is kinda similar. First league in legacy, did 40/40 on a 7ex budget setup because I had no clue on what to upgrade. Was playing a CI poison fire nova miner. 8K es, temp chains aura, no other mitigations. No leech, no regen, occutist miner yes life. But 23 million shaper dps, back in the days that was on the top 0.1% of builds.

My gear was pretty good, all required uniques, the wanted (3-5ex) enchanted helmet... But all of my other gear was trash. I was wearing a gold and a prismatic ring as a CI character. Could never think of an upgrade, it was all too complex for me. 450 hours played, probably 600+ deaths. Topped at level 92, and I was chainfarming t11 strand + t12 vault (that was the endgame meta back in these days)...

But I think we can do better. I think it's our role, as build creators, to explain the crafting options relevant for players who are still inexperienced with crafting. Crafting in PoE is extremely deep and complex. And fun. That's what I try to go for (with mild success tbh) in my thread.
Now I do agree that PoE system is deeply flawed. The items are amazingly designed (that's the main thing in PoE after all, but chris's talks will tell you that better than me), but the crafting options are inaccessible. It's getting better ofver the leagues, and I don't actually believe this to be a cursed problem.

We'll see where all of this leads us :p
Hey bro, first of all thank you so much for the guide. I tried it and it's a lot of fun.

I followed the flow chart to the letter. So far I'm trying to craft the +1 amulet but I think I fucked it up. I slammed the hunter base into the elder amulet and I got too many prefixes. I tried to annul and I fucked 1 of the desired mods.

End result:

Is this fixable or do I have to try from scratch ?

Ps: This is my second POE character, sry if my question is stupid XD.
I just want to thank Darkxellmc for not only writing a great guide but for patiently responding to questions and maintaining this thread. The flowcharts were the perfect addition, and I can now say that once I followed the end-game flowchart, I'm regularly killing Uber Elder and Wave 20 Kosis deathless. Here's my gear - I crafted or ID'd every single piece except for uniques, corrupted blood jewel, and boots. Here to help answer any questions that come up.

My next steps in no particular order:
1. Craft a rare quiver.
2. Essence craft a vermillion ring with T1 life and chaos damage to replace my diamond ring.
3. Craft elder/warlord fingerless silk gloves with culling strike.
4. Finally get a max roll Witchfire Brew.
5. Find a way to craft aspect of the spider on a piece of gear.
6. Anoint Soul of Steel.

Last edited by thrdechelonelite on Apr 1, 2020, 11:46:36 AM
"
byoua wrote:
Hey bro, first of all thank you so much for the guide. I tried it and it's a lot of fun.

I followed the flow chart to the letter. So far I'm trying to craft the +1 amulet but I think I fucked it up. I slammed the hunter base into the elder amulet and I got too many prefixes. I tried to annul and I fucked 1 of the desired mods.

End result:

Is this fixable or do I have to try from scratch ?

Ps: This is my second POE character, sry if my question is stupid XD.

20% attributes quality + spam aberrant fossils
170 tries on average
Good luck :)

@Above do not craft a quiver whatsoever.
Last edited by Shuggananas on Apr 1, 2020, 12:16:38 PM
"
ozten wrote:
EDIT: Double post.

abberant fossil crafting is WAY faster AND cheaper FYI to anyone crafting gloves

craftofexile.com
Can someone check my gear and tell me what is wrong with it? I still die a lot and don´t know what is wrong with it :(

Snd what about that ring? 96% more spell damage is crazy gives me 100k dps more:) I can get resistances cap on other items.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info