[Outdated] Ultimate EDTrickster [2M dps - UNKILLABLE]

Why am I even bothering with an EDtrickster build?

Alright, so I have been theorycrafting a bit. Here's a pob with unrealistic gear and a pretty shit playstyle, but it's just to see how the numbers look.

https://pastebin.com/i0nAd3HZ

4.8 million ED dps... with the initial hit.
Then we add 8.8 million dot dps.
Also:
- 905% movement speed
- 65% less damage taken from all sources
- 10k energy shield
- 109k armour (90% phys reduction)
- 90% all elemental resistances
- 13 casts per second.

GGG really messed up with the herald jewels, it's just stupid. You can literally take any skill in the game, make a LL guardian, and it'll be the best way to play it. It's MILES ahead of my (this thread) ed trickster guide, that is supposed to be an endgame oriented allrounder.

Fair warning: do not build this. It's a known mechanic abuse by now, and the required gear is skyrocketing in price. Also, it's already confirmed to be hard nerfed in 3.11.
They need to nerf the mechanic right now, and hard. Too many people at this point are basically running around with currency printers. Too much damage has been done to the economy, and we're reaching a situation that's far worse than HH owners in Legion.

Also, I just checked, after all is ticked, enabled, I only have 1m shaper DPS on PoB. How the hell do I even reach 2m at this point? I've invested every single bit of currency I have into this, and I'm half of the way there... ?
Last edited by Mormoran on Mar 30, 2020, 7:17:06 AM
"
Mormoran wrote:
They need to nerf the mechanic right now, and hard. Too many people at this point are basically running around with currency printers. Too much damage has been done to the economy, and we're reaching a situation that's far worse than HH owners in Legion.

Also, I just checked, after all is ticked, enabled, I only have 1m shaper DPS on PoB. How the hell do I even reach 2m at this point? I've invested every single bit of currency I have into this, and I'm half of the way there... ?

Make sure you check the withered debuff, just in case.
With your gear, you are definitely at more than 2M total dps with ED+blight.

That said, spider aura, watcher's eye, a better rare jewel than your abyss one, and damage on your rings would still increase your output a bit more.

I'd give an estimate of 1.4-1.5M pure ed dps with your current gear, do you not have that?

What should i upgrade next to so i can beat endgame bosses? have around 25ex that i can spend for upgrade. My passive skill tree is public so You can check it also if u want. I feel very low survivability in boss fights.

4,6 hp 1.8 es right now
Last edited by Temake on Mar 30, 2020, 8:04:27 AM
Dot quiver and dot gloves..

Also what the hell is that mana flask lmao
"
Darkxellmc wrote:
"
Mormoran wrote:

Make sure you check the withered debuff, just in case.
With your gear, you are definitely at more than 2M total dps with ED+blight.

That said, spider aura, watcher's eye, a better rare jewel than your abyss one, and damage on your rings would still increase your output a bit more.

I'd give an estimate of 1.4-1.5M pure ed dps with your current gear, do you not have that?

Well, my PoB (https://pastebin.com/d33HnJcM) seems to have all the relevant boxes ticked, and yet I can't get past 1m shaper DPS.

I will try to 21/20 all the supports, but I don't know how big a difference that makes.

And the damn jewel... I forgot about that slot lol. I'll replace for a proper DoT one, should bump the damage a bit. I'm res capped anyway.

I'm currently running T12+ and feeling like I'm lacking damage. Would it be time to switch to bow or can I get damage somewhere less expensive? I can't seem to link my cluster jewels while equiped... But I'm using Flow of Life and Vile Reinvigoration.

PS: I'm aware the helmet I'm using is pure sh*t. But paying 50c for vertex in this stage seems equally stupid. I'll just buy a hubris circlet and craft it later. For now I'm just worried about DPS.
Last edited by AliveFD on Mar 30, 2020, 8:18:38 AM
Quick question to all of you: If I have "increased Projectile Speed" on my bow, does it make essence drain go faster and will that improve my gameplay?
"
Brobbert wrote:
Quick question to all of you: If I have "increased Projectile Speed" on my bow, does it make essence drain go faster and will that improve my gameplay?

Yes it goes faster, yes it's a bit of an improvement, doesn't mean you should aim for that affix. Move speed or onslaught are better (redeemer slam)
"
Mormoran wrote:

Well, my PoB (https://pastebin.com/d33HnJcM) seems to have all the relevant boxes ticked, and yet I can't get past 1m shaper DPS.

I will try to 21/20 all the supports, but I don't know how big a difference that makes.

And the damn jewel... I forgot about that slot lol. I'll replace for a proper DoT one, should bump the damage a bit. I'm res capped anyway.
My POB shows about 1.6M shaper DPS, if you want to compare your gear to mine
Last edited by Shuggananas on Mar 30, 2020, 8:32:19 AM
"
Darkxellmc wrote:
GGG really messed up with the herald jewels, it's just stupid. You can literally take any skill in the game, make a LL guardian, and it'll be the best way to play it. It's MILES ahead of my (this thread) ed trickster guide, that is supposed to be an endgame oriented allrounder.

Fair warning: do not build this. It's a known mechanic abuse by now, and the required gear is skyrocketing in price. Also, it's already confirmed to be hard nerfed in 3.11.
Yep, it's sad, and all they needed to do pre-delirium is to make notables not stack, like they don't on the tree (you can't anoint a notable to get it twice), there are already few others exponential interactions like warcry gems but they pale against the brokenness of this thing.

If the notables didn't stack people would have to be a bit more creative and not overstack the same thing, and maybe the "second best" combos wouldn't be 1/10th of the price of "best combos" because people would want a bigger spread of different notables. But most importantly it would prevent untested interactions to go into a loop spiral.

Worst part is out of all "broken builds" this one is neither skillful nor clever, and it's worse than HH legion 5-way farm because that one had small chance of failure before you stacked HH buffs while this build is basically braindead proof.

So yeah, the economy is ruined for another league, like in Legion when if you wanted to do the 5-way yourself for a personal satisfaction you were basically throwing currency out of the window instead of selling emblems to a dedicated farmer or buying a carry service. If anything it discourages people to even try the endgame without having the "broken build" character to steamroll it.

"
BzyxXx wrote:
If i using vertex with enlighten lvl 3, malevolence, discipline and spider aspect I have 10 mana left. When I change this for crown and take 1 node with mana reservation in passive tree I can use malevolence, discipline and spider aspect but have 0 mana. Kinda MOM + EB dont work yup?
MOM should work with all mana reserved you'll just take ES damage instead of mana damage, except chaos damage, that will go straight to life.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info