[Outdated] Ultimate EDTrickster [2M dps - UNKILLABLE]

Man, as much as I love the clear of this build, the single target damage for the amount of currency I've sunk is abysmal. Taking me minutes to fight 3 socket conquerors (not even 4).

Here's my gear so far, obviously a lot of improvements but for nearly 10ex worth of investment I feel like it is severely lacking. I know I need enlighten 3 so I can get aspect of spider to put on belt which will help some, and empower 3 will add a decent bit of dps, and few other upgrades to increase my dps but even if I triple my damage from what it is now, I feel like doing any end game bosses will be an incredible slog. Any of you done uber elder, awakener 8, shaper in a reasonable time? Should my next upgrade be an empower 4?
Last edited by Berto33 on Mar 24, 2020, 1:41:38 AM
Just made it to clear wave 20, died sometime because boss wave ( 17+ ) and my gear is not optimized but still crush all mobs in Simulacrum map. Awesome build, big thank @ Darkxellmc

You will need Phase run gem to quickly get out dangerous zone ( because map is so small and if Flame Dash is on charge - u lost 1 portal )
Last edited by loveisblue211401 on Mar 24, 2020, 1:25:06 AM
"
Berto33 wrote:
Man, as much as I love the clear of this build, the single target damage for the amount of currency I've sunk is abysmal. Taking me minutes to fight 3 socket conquerors (not even 4).

Here's my gear so far, obviously a lot of improvements but for nearly 10ex worth of investment I feel like it is severely lacking. I know I need enlighten 3 so I can get aspect of spider to put on belt which will help some, and empower 3 will add a decent bit of dps, and few other upgrades to increase my dps but even if I triple my damage from what it is now, I feel like doing any end game bosses will be an incredible slog. Any of you done uber elder, awakener 8, shaper in a reasonable time? Should my next upgrade be an empower 4?

I have same problem. fighting chaos resistant mobs/bosses is taking forever
"
Berto33 wrote:

21/20 ED, lvl 4 empower. Chaos multi +1 Chaos skill gems neck. Bow with over Time multi + Chaos multi. Chaos multi gloves. Do the 20% gcp recipe om your gems. Still lots you need to do to improve your damage.
--double post--
Last edited by olsev_baiden on Mar 24, 2020, 4:11:38 AM
"
forfun142857 wrote:
"
zz2manuz3 wrote:
Oh in fact yes MoM + Battery work I just didn't see that's only 30% of damages taken to mana before life.
So is it really worth to have that much ES?
Feel like I was more tanky without them, just drop Discipline for mana, the mana regen itself is good.

Your ideal Life:ES proportion should be 7:3. For example 4900 life pool should be protected with 2100 ES pool, 4200 Life = 1800 ES. It's less effective when you go out of this proportion.

Why do we prefer ES over mana (why do we convert our mana to ES with Discipline)?

We gain almost the same amount of ES as reserved mana using Discipline, but the
regen rate is different. Our regen rates don't matter while we are mapping, since we are either full HP/ES (thanks to Patient Reaper/ED regen) or dead. But in the boss fights we have these numbers of ES recharge rate:
10%/sec after 1 second delay with Soul Strike
15%/sec after 2 second delay with Hunter quiver.
Mana regen stays at ~20 mana/sec, which is just 2%/sec but without any delays.
It's up to you to decide what's more comfortable, but I would definetely stick to Discipline :)

English is not my native language, so I hope it's possible to understand what I meant.

Thing is, taking your example:
1. MoM+EB: 4200HP + 1800*0,3 ES => 4800 EHP
2. no MOM, no EB: 4200 HP + 1800 ES => 6000 EHP (besides chaos damage)

For the ration taking Discipline with MoM makes sense. Without MoM you have more EHP (besides chaos damage) without Discipline.

Isn't Flesh and Stone, Malevolence, Spider Aspect, no EB, no MOM, Vaal Discipline a safer route? That's what I'm trying to do with the Charisma notable in a few levels.

On another note: if you don't want to push your luck with a Redeemer orb (Movement speed or onslaught on kill, which you already have with an Abyss jewel), you could craft damage per endurance charge. It's generic damage, so it scales DoT DPS. It's a measly damage push though :) Are there any other crafts which would affect the DoT DPS?
Nope, 4200 HP and 1800 EB ES is 6k EHP. You take 70% of damage from HP (4200/0.7=6000 and 30% of damage from ES/mana)
"
olsev_baiden wrote:

Isn't Flesh and Stone, Malevolence, Spider Aspect, no EB, no MOM, Vaal Discipline a safer route? That's what I'm trying to do with the Charisma notable in a few levels.

Then we lose ~400 ES provided by Discipline, which is our EHP, so it isn't safer. Also we can face mana management problems, since 6L lvl 29 ED costs 85 mana alone. 5L Blight costs 13 mana for 4.4 casts/second, it's 57 mana/sec and we regenerate only 20 mana/sec.
Last edited by forfun142857 on Mar 24, 2020, 3:57:11 AM
"
forfun142857 wrote:
Nope, 4200 HP and 1800 EB ES is 6k EHP. You take 70% of damage from HP (4200/0.7=6000 and 30% of damage from ES/mana)
"
olsev_baiden wrote:

Then we lose ~400 ES provided by Discipline, which is our EHP, so it isn't safer. Also we can face mana management problems, since 6L lvl 29 ED costs 85 mana alone. 5L Blight costs 13 mana for 4.4 casts/second, it's 57 mana/sec and we regenerate only 20 mana/sec.

Thank you, I'm dumb with maths. EHP stays the same IF you keep the ratio. And you bypass the usual hybrid problem with chaos damage. I can see the advantage now.

That said, it's quite a few points (for my variant at least, bc I use more cluster jewels). I'll think about it.
forfun is correct with 6000ehp. 30% of the Damage is taken from ES. Therefore you need to consider the incoming damage.

if you have 4200HP and 1800ES and you are hit for 5000dp: Then you take 5000 * 0.3 = 1500 hitpoints from es and 3500 from your Life.

if you are hit for 6000, then 6000*0.3=1800 is taken from ES and the remaining4200 from life. This leaves you with effective hitpoints of 6000.

if you are hit for 10k then 3000 hitpoints are taken from your ES, meaning there is 1200dps left which is added to the damage to your life pool. Your life is therefore hit with 7000+1200 dps. You are dead.

Last edited by inferNOH on Mar 24, 2020, 4:45:10 AM
Well, If hit damage > your EHP, then you're dead anyways, so why bother with calculations? This build provides fitting HP:ES ratio, so we don't really need to think about what happens if you run out of ES on hit.
Last edited by forfun142857 on Mar 24, 2020, 4:44:16 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info