[Outdated] Ultimate EDTrickster [2M dps - UNKILLABLE]

"
ComMcNeil wrote:
What do you think of withering step instead of wither totems?
It only puts 6 stacks out of 15, has a cooldown, and requires you to be semi close to apply it, and cancels itself when you use any other ability. It's a fun skill for movement and extra dodge, but as replacement for reliable source of wither I somehow don't see it.
"
Sonidox wrote:
"
Hoetek wrote:
Pretty sure this will be my league starter (although there are some great shield nodes in 3.10 so maybe the max black version will give higher damage?)

Anyway. ED/con will obviously be good at mapping and hopefully the new league mechanic. Do we think the new nodes from gems in will increase its single target a decent amount too?

non of the shield builds can beat bow builds in terms of dps :D

Yep, bow > wands+shield.
An argument can be made for wands to be competitive if you have a +4 corrupted chest, but I think we can all agree that you shouldn't base a build around items costing 200ex for it to even be viable.
Absolutely right on this answer, the only thing that has more ED damage is a lowlife Bow variant.

Also, no, singletarget won't be significantly better than in 3.9 sadly. Just ran the PoBs, we have about 10% more damage, and slightly more life. Nothing crazy changed stats wise.
That said, the inclusion of elusive buff will make clearspeed significantly faster. They were already above average in 3.9 (comparable to an average non tempchains phys cyclone headhunter build), but this just turns it up to 11. There still is faster builds out there, sure, but the tankyness + clearspeed combo of this trickster is going to feel even greater. Bosses still as slow.

Source for clearspeed comparison: I have a 20M dps savior headhunter cyclone slayer. Also played some Headhunter CoC assassin, it was faster. So fast in fact that most of my time was picking up loot, not very interesting.

"
ComMcNeil wrote:
Just a quick question:

What do you think of withering step instead of wither totems? Tarke talks about it in his league starter video:
https://youtu.be/bGkAeNxQcTw?t=327

He is absolutely right that wither totems are a heavy gem investment, requiring 3 gems (4 optimally).
Aside from that, not sure about what he's talking about here, really. A bit funny that the skill rotation he gives (CA-ED-STEP) doesn't even work, your step will be on cooldown and you won't be able to apply more than 7 stacks. You'd need to use WS first, not last, to cancel it and trigger the cooldown. But then you'd loose your elusive buff.
Anyways. I tried to play a bit with withering step, it doesn't feel good at all, and you absolutely can't sustain more than 7 stacks on a single target. Also, it conflicts with flame dash and will trigger inconsistent cooldowns. I don't think he actually tried it, it's really jank. Plus it doesn't really matter, totems are just a thing you precast anyways. Wither stacks from blight (spreading rot) are enough to kill most things.

Lastly, don't even think about using vaal molten shell. Tarkie has literally 0 armour in this video, I have no clue why he's recommending that. Use steelskin or the new mage armor thing instead if you want a guard skill.
I want to use this build as my league starter but I'm a bit concerned about single-target damage. I tried to recreate something that can be possible for me in the first week of the league and I sometimes even don't kill rares in T14 with random mods. Chimera took like whole 5 minutes of dodging and shooting ED. My gear is not that bad, but I don't use the watcher's eye and the legion jewel cause I don't think that I can afford them in the first week. Maybe I'm doing something wrong?

Levelling was a breeze btw, can recommend, got to BA in 4 hours with ssf gear which is really good for casual player like me.

gear

Updated everything I could for 3.10.

■ Included cluster jewels
■ changed the trees and pobs to reflect new point allocation
- Removed corruption
- Changed pathing near the witch area for more aoe and intelligence near the jewel socket.
- Removed unnatural calm
- Removed a jewel socket near the trickster start
- Added arcane focus and deep wisdom
- Added an outer socket near acrobatics, with 8 free points to allocate "no witnesses" and other relevant nodes.
■ Added transcendent mind
■ Removed inertia (no point to get strength anymore)
■ Updated the crafting section for helmet, using hunter influence now
■ Removed Martyr's crown entirely. Just use the vertex.
■ Added a section for cluster jewel notables. This is most likely temporary.
"
Darkxellmc wrote:
Updated everything I could for 3.10.

■ Included cluster jewels
■ changed the trees and pobs to reflect new point allocation
- Removed corruption
- Changed pathing near the witch area for more aoe and intelligence near the jewel socket.
- Removed unnatural calm
- Removed a jewel socket near the trickster start
- Added arcane focus and deep wisdom
- Added an outer socket near acrobatics, with 8 free points to allocate "no witnesses" and other relevant nodes.
■ Added transcendent mind
■ Removed inertia (no point to get strength anymore)
■ Updated the crafting section for helmet, using hunter influence now
■ Removed Martyr's crown entirely. Just use the vertex.
■ Added a section for cluster jewel notables. This is most likely temporary.

Amazing work, cant wait to start.
Can you give some of your thoughts about the impact of these changes?
Is it better both defense and offense wise?

//edit

Isn't removing corruption a big loss in terms of dps?

//edit 2

Love the new cluster jewels part in your guide, good work really!!
Last edited by markuskanada on Mar 11, 2020, 7:20:45 PM
Is there an order for taking labs? I might be blind, but I can't seem to find it. Your PoB only shows all 4 at once.

Man I wish the league started tonight instead.
Thanks for the update
Last edited by tydiscloud on Mar 11, 2020, 7:35:52 PM
Night!

Are the PoB links updated for the fork version of PoB? thanks!

@Edit: I took all the PoB links and PoB sais they are still for 3.9
"There's no thing like random one-shots in this game. You only die because you take 353,456,237 hits in 0.2 seconds."

"The best items in the game should not be crafted, they should be TRADED." - Cent, GGG
Last edited by frostzor27 on Mar 11, 2020, 8:43:50 PM
On the phone rn so cant check PoB. As we are using a bow later on, would it be possible to use TR in the spare 6L instead of Blight for more singletarget damage (afaik the tree isnt too bad for TR)? Just a random idea and I'm sure you guys have already thought about it / did the (PoB) math.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info