[Outdated] Ultimate EDTrickster [2M dps - UNKILLABLE]

"
Darkxellmc wrote:
"
Summoner wrote:
Did my first t14 map in the build a little bit ago. As I suspected damage is starting to feel a bit weak again. Fortunately I had a few good drops tonight and my ability to flip enough currency for a +3 bow in the morning has gone from maybe to probably. After that will probably a +1 chaos amulet (to finally replace the self-found one I've been using since starting maps) to craft aspect of the spider on, mostly because it'll be a lot cheaper than a 6L hyri's would be.

Welp, wasn't there this weekend.
To answer this and @axt7effekt (mostly) finding the damage weak:
Yeah, it's not necro. Thought I was clear with this, you actually need some investment to clear the game, you can't just go do uber elder with your leveling gear straight after killing kitava... :/

To be fair, I'm a bit sad at the state of necro (and mines) rn, they are basically easy mode. It's fair and all, till you consider that PoE isn't really a solo game. I prefer to make a well rounded character and spend time to polish it every league and end up with a really cool toon, with good stat balance, and a lot of polish on every piece of gear.
For those who don't have time/want to play easy mode, go necro. But don't go bitching on reddit that you burnout 1 week after leaguestart because the game is too easy when you're blatantly abusing the meta, please ^^'.
/peaceout.

That aside, gratz to you to still clear t14 maps with cane ^^' I know I was doing it, it's not pleasant. Really got better with the 5ex bow.

Yeah, I think this would've been a bit frustrating to scale as a league starter (but still better than the lightning arrow flop I tried) vs starting a month in with a bit over an ex to go shopping with with after killing Kitava.

I got my basic +3 bow last night, although I didn't have enough to get a +1 chaos amulet. Additional minor buys were a 21 blight to help keep single target from going down much and a +5% damage inertia. That got my life to 4850 + just under 2200 ES. Comparing with the PoB build about half my shortfall is gear related and half is just not being as levelled; I'm definitely feeling the 1shots though with higher tier red maps especially in longer boss fights. Probably going to have to upgrade most of my gear to both squeeze out a bit more life and to be able to buy endurance charge crafts instead of the + resists I've currently got on my rings. Not sure if life + endurance charges all around will be more helpful there than upgrading to a 6L chest though...

Did you ever see history portrayed as an old man with a wise brow and pulseless heart, weighing all things in the balance of reason?
Is not rather the genius of history like an eternal, imploring maiden, full of fire, with a burning heart and flaming soul, humanly warm and humanly beautiful?
Last edited by Summoner on Feb 3, 2020, 6:55:52 AM
"
Shaddolf wrote:
"
mr_blun7 wrote:
"
lolitssean wrote:
I tried my hands at crafting some culling strike gloves today.

how works culling with contagion? I thought that the contagion is a DoT, and with the DoT cullimg strike doesn`t work
Btw a nice way to enhance your rings is to have 1 open prefix and put 20% for caster mods catalyst on and then slam it with an crusader orb for a high chance of 25% spelldamage
"
Kwoss wrote:
Btw a nice way to enhance your rings is to have 1 open prefix and put 20% for caster mods catalyst on and then slam it with an crusader orb for a high chance of 25% spelldamage

Catalysts only work with regular exalted orbs, they do nothing with conqueror exalts.
"
Summoner wrote:
"
Darkxellmc wrote:
"
Summoner wrote:

Welp, ... Really got better with the 5ex bow.

Yeah, I think this would've been a bit frustrating to scale as a league starter (but still better than the lightning arrow flop I tried) vs starting a month in with a bit over an ex to go shopping with with after killing Kitava.

I got my basic +3 bow last night, although I didn't have enough to get a +1 chaos amulet. Additional minor buys were a 21 blight to help keep single target from going down much and a +5% damage inertia. That got my life to 4850 + just under 2200 ES. Comparing with the PoB build about half my shortfall is gear related and half is just not being as levelled; I'm definitely feeling the 1shots though with higher tier red maps especially in longer boss fights. Probably going to have to upgrade most of my gear to both squeeze out a bit more life and to be able to buy endurance charge crafts instead of the + resists I've currently got on my rings. Not sure if life + endurance charges all around will be more helpful there than upgrading to a 6L chest though...

I started this league with this build and did not stop actually, currently all content done and lvl95 (I'm still dying here and there because I am kind of yolo at this point, but with careful play you simply don't die). My remarks on scaling :

- There clearly is an after and a before the bow. I did UE and sirus lvl8 with the "budget" bow that I bought 5 ex two (or three don't remember) weeks into the league. The transition to the 10 ex bow (or 20+ if you are lucky enough to get onslaught :D ) makes life easier/faster but is not mandatory.
- Same goes for helm/+1 amu, a vertex and a +x to over time mult amu is well enough to do end-game.
- +1 minium endurance charge : craft them as soon as possible, they are life changing.

I chose to go a bit of a different route with the chest, I don't think it's better in the absolute than Hyrri's but it suits me :

Compared to Hyrri's the biggest drawback of course is not having the -10% dodge/spell dodge. I can kind of recuperate a bit of dodge on the redeemer slammed boot (the T1 would have been awesome :D).

However, I swapped disciplined for flesh and stone, so I end up with 87% evade change, therefore having 4.1 % (0.13*0.32) instead of 3.38% (0.13*0.26) change to get hit is not an enormous difference. You still get hit 18% more, don't get me wrong, but I find it manageable (might not be the case in deep delve though, I'm currently at 450 and it is fine, but deeper? might need to switch). Also in this league I felt that focusing on more chaos res did more for my survival than getting a few % more of dodge. I'm sitting at around ~8250 ehp for reference.

Anyway, it feels the character is pretty complete now, I will still mess around with double influenced elder/hunter amu for fun, and maybe try to craft +chaos mult gloves, but the life/ES/resist combo on those ones is pretty hard to beat.

As a last thing, I would also suggest a variation a friend of mine is playing, with the new shield mistwall which gives the following :

"
+(8-15)% chance to Avoid Elemental Damage from Hits while Phasing
You are at Maximum Chance to Block Attack Damage if you have not Blocked Recently
You have Phasing if you have Blocked Recently

So it adds a (very strong) layer of defense to the build : that attack you would have taken 3/4% of the time s now being blocked and triggers your phasing as a cherry on the cake.
Damage wise, it is able to go as high as the bow build, but with very good gear around.
Last edited by vonmarck on Feb 3, 2020, 5:51:08 PM
Why is he using Pain Attunement? He isn't reserving any life with Shavronnes or anything.
"
Maloony wrote:
Why is he using Pain Attunement? He isn't reserving any life with Shavronnes or anything.

The Brutal Restraint of Desheret jewel turns Pain Attunement into Wind Dancer which is a really nice defensive boost.

Did you ever see history portrayed as an old man with a wise brow and pulseless heart, weighing all things in the balance of reason?
Is not rather the genius of history like an eternal, imploring maiden, full of fire, with a burning heart and flaming soul, humanly warm and humanly beautiful?
Ugh decisions.. Is this worth risking the annul? I'm not sure how rare the rolls are of the T1 modifiers. Of course I would have preferred a higher roll on the stun+ES or the mana+flat ES but I think this is okay? Is it really though?

Also try finding a two-stone temple modded life ring now.. 1ex minimum with 2 mods to annul off... should have grabbed up more of them when I had the chance.
Last edited by Swigg90 on Feb 4, 2020, 10:48:29 AM
Finally! no flask charges but t1 chaos damage

Last edited by AmiNoIAsHeS on Feb 4, 2020, 8:58:57 AM
"
Swigg90 wrote:
Ugh decisions.. Is this worth risking the annul? I'm not sure how rare the rolls are of the T1 modifiers. Of course I would have preferred a higher roll on the stun+ES or the mana+flat ES but I think this is okay? Is it really though?

Also try finding a two-stone temple modded life ring now.. 1ex minimum with 2 mods to annul off... should have grabbed up more of them when I had the chance.

While making mine, in over ~200 resonators I hitted 300+ ES around 10 times I would say, with the -9% chaos res (did not even look at those without). So it's not common but neither extremeley rare. I rerolled mine beacuse I really, really wanted chaos res (losing 30% from vertex was waaaay too much, especially in this league). Of course, there is still the option of the sanctified fossil, but that makes the craft three times more expensive...

If you do not need something else from the helm, I would craft whatever and go with it.
Last edited by vonmarck on Feb 4, 2020, 12:17:46 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info