[Outdated] Ultimate EDTrickster [2M dps - UNKILLABLE]

I'm pretty new to build crafting stuff but I tried to take my experience with a CI max block version of ED/C and adapt your version into CI. My goal was to boost dps significantly while retaining the tankiness of a max block build. The end result was disappointing.

My approach was to ditch the shield/wand/block nodes, and add the bow and some jewel slots with the freed points. First off acrobatics really chunks energy shield and that alone may be enough to skip it, but I pressed on a tried to forego the acrobatics line. However, with the lower dodge chance I found myself frequently getting chunked for half of my 8k ES on t16 mobs. The damage also wasn't noticeably better, HOWEVER I think this was likely due to not being able to find openings to safely cast Blight.

Everything is relative and maybe the life version is better but for me at least, the build doesn't seem tanky enough compared to the max block CI, and the extra damage was hard to utilize.

I'm sure a good part of it was user error though because I am admittedly noob.
For the cast when damage taken setup, why do you use enfeeble and spirit offering. From my understanding, Spirit Offering, unless you're a necro, only benefits the minions and in this case, that'd be the stone golem, so there's no actual benefit besides keeping the stone golem alive? And as for enfeeble, how is that being triggered since we'd already have hit our curse limit unless I allocate whispers of doom with the Witchfire Brew.
"
I'm pretty new to build crafting stuff but I tried to take my experience with a CI max block version of ED/C and adapt your version into CI. My goal was to boost dps significantly while retaining the tankiness of a max block build. The end result was disappointing.

My approach was to ditch the shield/wand/block nodes, and add the bow and some jewel slots with the freed points. First off acrobatics really chunks energy shield and that alone may be enough to skip it, but I pressed on a tried to forego the acrobatics line. However, with the lower dodge chance I found myself frequently getting chunked for half of my 8k ES on t16 mobs. The damage also wasn't noticeably better, HOWEVER I think this was likely due to not being able to find openings to safely cast Blight.

Everything is relative and maybe the life version is better but for me at least, the build doesn't seem tanky enough compared to the max block CI, and the extra damage was hard to utilize.

I'm sure a good part of it was user error though because I am admittedly noob.

Trying to go CI and accro is indeed a questionnable choice.
First, the damage will always be much better with a bow. But when playing Ci you really want to be using a shield. Since ED's damage is kinda low, you'll pretty much want to be using a secondary skill or have really good gear. To be fair I'm not really satisfied with how much damage we are outputing on lower budget versions of my own guide, even when we have 2 6links and a +4 bow for our main skill.
Unless you have at LEAST a +4 high es/eva chest, It's imo not worth going for CI, the damage is too low (on softcore). We are speaking 3 times lower here.

SO that's re reason behind the bow choice. You can use one and go CI but not maxblock, and it'll honnestly feel pretty squishy. If you don't have a PoB with above 11k es, don't bother imo. I currently have 9k ehp on an hybrid version with wind dancer on top, I can tank shaper slams and be left with more than 3k hp.

CI is better with significantly more investment, but I don't consider it a realistic build... :/

"
all3l3 wrote:
For the cast when damage taken setup, why do you use enfeeble and spirit offering. From my understanding, Spirit Offering, unless you're a necro, only benefits the minions and in this case, that'd be the stone golem, so there's no actual benefit besides keeping the stone golem alive? And as for enfeeble, how is that being triggered since we'd already have hit our curse limit unless I allocate whispers of doom with the Witchfire Brew.

Enfeeble used to be because witchfire brew area is actually pretty small, and not always up on bosses. I prefer 6l blight nowourdays anyways ^^'
I should probably go back to trying a Cwdt setup soon, I probably have more than enough damage by now...

Spirit offering was to clear corpses. It's really niche and used pretty much only in deep delving scenarios against the ground spiders.

Bought yet another chest since the opportunity arose:

I'm guessing we use the awakened swift affliction on blight? rather not spend 200c for 2 of them atm. I mean blight does a lot of damage, but with end game bosses, half of the time I feel like I don't have time to channel it. One missed dodge and I'm one shot ya know? I guess once I get past 4.5k life I'll be mostly out of one shot range and my ED will heal me up quickly enough to start face tanking?
Upgrade your Ed gems to awakened first, then do blight after when you can afford it.
Didn't have a look at awakened gems yet.
is it worth changing level 20 gems to awakened level 1 gems ?
"
Didn't have a look at awakened gems yet.
is it worth changing level 20 gems to awakened level 1 gems ?

yes, awakened gems are the same as the normal versions, but 20 lvl higher, so a lvl21 awakened swift affliction = a lvl1 awakened swift affliction. So you need to buy at least a lvl.2 awakened support gem, if your gems are on lvl 21
"
Shaddolf wrote:
Bought yet another chest since the opportunity arose:

Holy shit my dude!
That's a really good double corrupt! :o

"
Swigg90 wrote:
I'm guessing we use the awakened swift affliction on blight? rather not spend 200c for 2 of them atm. I mean blight does a lot of damage, but with end game bosses, half of the time I feel like I don't have time to channel it. One missed dodge and I'm one shot ya know? I guess once I get past 4.5k life I'll be mostly out of one shot range and my ED will heal me up quickly enough to start face tanking?

The goal is to make ED deal as much damage as possible. Blight is good on paper but we don't really reach 20 stacks on bosses, unsless our damage is very low for some reason (everything should be dead way sooner than 20 stacks).
Swift affliction has really good quality awakening bonuses.

Yeah, 4.5k life is a bit on the loww side. I'm personally at 5.6k now (not counting es. If your total life+es is 4.5k total, there is something really wrong here). This puts me at 8.2k total effective ehp. A good amount to aim for is 7.5k imo. before that you'll get a few too many oneshots going trough.
Tried to create a nice belt. I created it,but for CoC.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info