[Outdated] Ultimate EDTrickster [2M dps - UNKILLABLE]

"
drocksmash wrote:
So buy any one of those you linked and it will give me wind dancer... then what are you referencing for melding? I can't afford to buy 5 items until one works :)

Yes if it says deshret it will give wind dancer 100%

Timeleas jewels also add a secondary passive effect to other skills taken in the circle it produces on your skill tree. There are like 20 different things it can put onto our melding skill. These are apparently related to the number on the gem. I wish there was a guide as to what number meant what skill!

My first one gave me 20% crit which was useless, another gave some other equally useless stat. I bought them for 50c each and resold them for 50c within an hour so it didn't cost me anything to sift through them to find what I like.
"
Shaddolf wrote:
"
What is the point to take Mind over Matter? It feels like im just getting -2000 of ES for nothing and my health bar now always getting lowered with each pack of monsters that forcing me to constantly use health flask/

You need MoM because with eldritch battery your shield is on your mana. So without it you'd never have that ES to use.

And we need eldritch battery because I have a total of 10 usable mana, so if I couldn't spend ES to cast spells I couldn't even cast ED.

I know that we use Eldritch battery. But it is still no point for getting -2000 ES for infinite mana.
Can anyone explain me why should i lose 2000 estimate hp for nothing? I can run solo Malevolence with 50% mana reserved and have 5000hp + 2000 es, or run Malevolence with useless Discipline for 200 more ES and 85% mana reverved, and that ES will go protect mana instead of life fo no reason (no difference between 2000 or 2200 mana for this build).
7000 hp with 50% mana vs 5000 hp with infinite mana?
"

I know that we use Eldritch battery. But it is still no point for getting -2000 ES for infinite mana.
Can anyone explain me why should i lose 2000 estimate hp for nothing? I can run solo Malevolence with 50% mana reserved and have 5000hp + 2000 es, or run Malevolence with useless Discipline for 200 more ES and 85% mana reverved, and that ES will go protect mana instead of life fo no reason (no difference between 2000 or 2200 mana for this build).
7000 hp with 50% mana vs 5000 hp with infinite mana?

Because we use mind over matter to still use our energy shield pool against damage. You still have 7500+ hp with EB.
MoM transfer 30% of damage taken to our mana first before life. Since our energy shield protects our mana and we have no actual unreserved mana, it means 30% of the damage taken is taken from our energy shield, and 70% from our life.

It just so happens that this build achieves roughly 5000 hp and 2300 es, which matches the 70/30 distribution of mind over matter! Almost like it was thought after or something.

Splitting the damage between ES and life is also a much better defensive choice than having ES protect your life directly.
This is because when you take a hit, let's say 1000 damage, ES usually takes a big dive. Because it takes ~5 seconds to recover that 1000es if we don't count patient reaper and ghost shrouds, we often get hit faster that our es can recharge, and our ES would be 0 most of the time. This is why your typical slayer with 200es, or inquisitor with 500 actually isn't protected by his energy shield. With MoM, there is much less of a strain on ES, since we'd only take 300 damage from it, and 700 from our life. This means most hits will be completely negated by ghost shrouds, and the ones that don't will feel like they recover 3 times as fast. Since we take 700 damage from our life too, we can utilise our life recovery mechanics as well (3k regen/sec, fkasls and patient reaper) to retaliate faster. Utilizing the two health recovery meahcnics at the same time when you get hit is really what makes MoM+EB great.
I'd never thought of that interaction. So with your Es depleted on mana you effectively have 30% dmg reduction.
Why is soul strike so good for us? just the extra ES ?

I was thinking about using

so i can cover resistances and min max other items thanks to it.
"
Shaddolf wrote:
I'd never thought of that interaction. So with your Es depleted on mana you effectively have 30% dmg reduction.

No, if you have no mana and no ES, you take 100% damage on your life. But if you have more than70% of your es+life pool worth of life, not having ES means you're most likely already dead...

"
Why is soul strike so good for us? just the extra ES ?

I was thinking about using

so i can cover resistances and min max other items thanks to it.

This is not a bad choice. But yeah, the 120ES from osul strike is nice, and the 80% faster es recharge start is amazing with wicked ward.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJl5PEVeAQg

Heh, who said you couldn't skip drox phases with dot builds?
I took a bunch of your advice regarding fixing my items and build, I got a new bow today as well. I am doing fine on t16 maps, but am still getting stuffed occasionally by the citadel bosses due to having terrible single target dps. I have been trying to perfect my run around and ED vs trying to stand still, but it seems little excessive still.

What would be your best bet for me to add some single target emphasis here? I am willing to sacrifice some of the AOE damage because that is not suffering at this point.

I guess my rings are clearly up for review, I bought a 6L the other day (the one listed for 20c back a few pages in the thread as a 6l budget option) but I felt like the 6th link did not give my blight any more OOMPH.

1) Would you suggest my focus be getting a 6L for my chest? if yes, do I have the right setup for the 6 links now if I add the one missing gem from the guide?

2) Since contag + ED is destroying 100% of the map besides the boss, should I try something other than blight as my 5L/6L that provides a better single target approach?

3) I have a few ex left over after buying my bow, want to put it in the right direction

Flasks: I added a second of those flasks just a test, dont judge it!
Hey Dark!

Thanks for this build guide I recently started playing and have tried many different builds before this one and EDT really stuck with me. I was looking through your profile to check your gear and i see you don't fully level some of the gems. Any reason why?
"
drocksmash wrote:
I took a bunch of your advice regarding fixing my items and build, I got a new bow today as well. I am doing fine on t16 maps, but am still getting stuffed occasionally by the citadel bosses due to having terrible single target dps. I have been trying to perfect my run around and ED vs trying to stand still, but it seems little excessive still.

What would be your best bet for me to add some single target emphasis here? I am willing to sacrifice some of the AOE damage because that is not suffering at this point.

I guess my rings are clearly up for review, I bought a 6L the other day (the one listed for 20c back a few pages in the thread as a 6l budget option) but I felt like the 6th link did not give my blight any more OOMPH.

1) Would you suggest my focus be getting a 6L for my chest? if yes, do I have the right setup for the 6 links now if I add the one missing gem from the guide?

2) Since contag + ED is destroying 100% of the map besides the boss, should I try something other than blight as my 5L/6L that provides a better single target approach?

3) I have a few ex left over after buying my bow, want to put it in the right direction

Flasks: I added a second of those flasks just a test, dont judge it!

What I would recommend first is that you fix your passives. You are level 88 and missing 22 passives. You might need to do /passives and see where you missed so many. Good side: it's free!
If you have some spare currency, maybe try to get a dmg multiplier pair of gloves and a +1 gems amulet.
Awakened swift affliction with 20% quality is cheap now and is a pretty noticeable upgrade too.

Your watcher's eye is really really insane, you should probably sell that for 30-50ex. It'll literally fund the rest of the build (and no, I'm pretty sure that clarity mod is detrimental in our setup, sadly).

"
awsda wrote:
Hey Dark!

Thanks for this build guide I recently started playing and have tried many different builds before this one and EDT really stuck with me. I was looking through your profile to check your gear and i see you don't fully level some of the gems. Any reason why?

The only gem I sometimes keep at low level is contagion. I don't really like when it's killing enemies before my ed hits. It's fine when it deals enough damage and fine when it doesn't deal any, but there's a weird spot where it feels really inconsistent, so I keep it low level until I have really good gear (like now).

Otherwise, I level everything. Awakened gems aren't maxed because they require so much xp it's ridiculous, and some normal gems aren't because SCIENCE...

Protip: don't vaal your only gems XD

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info