[3.9] Nickonasty's Modular CoCpri Ice Nova Assassin - Shaper/UElder Viable

"
Ralign wrote:
"
danteafk wrote:
I'm almost about to do my first shaper ever and then hopefully uber elder. never played a league long enough to even get there.

this build definitely (along with the league) contributed to that.

should I go solaris+gruthkul for those bosses? Also, what and where do I do that RF thing?

Would you change something up on my setup/build for HC shaper/elder?

Thanks

Hi, if you're doing elder/shaper use yugul with the upgraded pantheon that lets you take less cold dmg, you could also consider running a ToH although it's not necessary it'll help you mitigate more dmg. Use a manual trigger steelskin at max lvl if you're confident in your reaction time, and potentially swap your jade and qotf and grace for a defensive rare chest to boost your life pool, another offensive flask, and discipline.

I've noticed you are also not running a jewel with fire/chaos/physical and don't have chance to poison, getting both of them will increase damage taken by enemies by 10% when interacting with yoke of suffering's unique mechanic. Also, if you do drop grace, swap in discipline with a watcher's eye with on hit ES or an offensive 50% reservation if you're feeling spicy.

The fight is possible deathless with your gear, but if you don't think you're experienced it's better to have a high life pool to pair with your insane recovery from soul tether + acuity so if you do end up facetanking something you shouldn't there's a chance you can survive.

If you want to do a huge overhaul of gear consider swapping to all armour or hybrid armour bases (except for necessary uniques), running determination and a granite flask and using VMS or MS instead of steelskin.

Space for your VRF setup can be made by removing enfeeble in CWDT links or just dropping CWDT altogether (enough shit one shots you in the fight that it won't matter if you trigger CWDT because you'll already be dead, I use manually triggered defensive stuff if I'm not confident, it's instant cast so there's no delay or interruption in your playstyle.

Hope this helps, don't rip ;)

Cheers. Gotta figure something out with the resists when dropping qotf, it's hard. have about 9.6k EHP with a vaal regalia and 21 discipline aura. dropping to armor bases is near impossible if I Look at poe.trade for HC. not to mention the watchers eye, don't have 15 ex to spend on that.

would you consider a larger EHP pool better than having 50% chance to evade attacks with qotf?

and lastly, how do I put VRF to use? Do i perma use RF and then VRF when it's up? any links?
Last edited by danteafk on Jul 30, 2019, 12:15:53 AM
Most one shots are spells not attacks for UE and Shaper so I'd say sheer tank would be best. TBH you can still use QotF but only if it doesn't reduce your movespeed when you drop grace and the flask.

More accurately I should clarify,

You get one shot by shaper and elder slam no matter what (unless you've got VMS and MS + Armour). If you want to be able to tank through a shaper ball you'll need a decent amount of eHP.

How do hybrid armour/es bases look on HC? If you don't end up using the discipline watcher's eye you could try to do something with vitality life recover rate which works multiplicatively with leech and VP (which would still affect your ES recovery from soul tether because it's technically "life leech")
noot noot
Last edited by Ralign on Jul 30, 2019, 12:05:21 AM
there are very view options on the trade side, but most ppl are not online for weeks.

would you run the ES chest + discipline without the watchers eye? or does it only make sense with the jewel?

how do I put VRF to use? Do i perma use RF and then VRF when it's up? or only VRF?

I'm confident I can avoid the slam, about the rest I'll watch some videos to get the hang out of it a bit.
Experimenting with double cospris + HH pushing to about 11.93 attack speed with some of the minion attack speed juice and dropping the life wheel near pain attunement, also dropped power charge at witch start to justify traveling through minion attack speed nodes. Probably goes well above 15 with soul eater so i don't really know if it's good not sure how many casts ill actually be skipping but it's pretty crazy the screen is full of frostbolts at all times. might possibly get a t1 dex helm with res and 100+ life and pick up acuity later but im cramped on funds rn. Uber atziri was smooth trio was mad annoying took 4 ports on the single cospri soul tether setup. Having a lot of fun with this build!

Gear
Spoiler

Im a little new to fossil crafting so I have no idea what i'm doing, do you mind telling me what fossils and etc to use for my vaal regalia
ty
Last edited by karbengo on Jul 30, 2019, 9:23:32 AM
I found an Aul's Uprising (Hatred version) earlier this league and I'm currently running Hatred, Precision, Zealotry and Herald of Ice. Is this setup strictly worse than using Pandemonius or Yoke of Suffering?
"
Picklepickle0 wrote:
I think I'm done with item min-maxing (might switch hybrid life for damage during flas - but i don't see any reason why I should add more damage, at this point.

Damage Calculation: (please correct me if i got anything wrong)
Spoiler

ice nova chest: 522267.8(without 348178.6 )
ice nova cospri: 160084.6(without 106723)
frostbolt: 232661.6(without 155107.7)

crit chance: 100%
hit chance: 100%
Attack speed: 7.43

DPS = [(CHEST ICE NOVA AVG HIT * 2) + (COSPRI ICE NOVA AVG HIT) + (COSPRI FROSTBOLT AVG HIT / 2)] * (CRIT CHANCE * HIT CHANCE) * APS * HIT CHANCE

with [PoB(50%)]shock 1044535.6 + 276415.4 * 1 * 7.43 * 1 = 9,814,665.93
without [PoB]shock 696357.2 + 184276.85 * 1 * 7.43 * 1 = 6,543,110,9915

I've found a problem. How do we compute deduction of damage when Aps goes beyond 7.5?

Since I have noticed a good amount of damage loss when going over 7.5 (even with CSR)

-------------------------

Is it at all possible to reach 20m damage? (no HH please)
Last edited by Picklepickle0 on Jul 30, 2019, 11:12:12 AM
"
TheStalker wrote:
I found an Aul's Uprising (Hatred version) earlier this league and I'm currently running Hatred, Precision, Zealotry and Herald of Ice. Is this setup strictly worse than using Pandemonius or Yoke of Suffering?

This is something I'm interested in as well. I've been using the Zealotry Aul's for a while and I really like it compared to the Pandemonius. As far as I can tell, combined with the right gear and auras it 'should' sim higher than the Pandemonius but I've probably simmed the cold penetration incorrectly for my setup.

I switched away from running the HoI/Hatred/Zealotry combo though because you do miss the defensive benefits that the Pandemonius provides. Besides, when you're running Guardians and Uber Elder over and over the build has more than enough damage to shred through all the content the game can throw at you anyway.
"
danteafk wrote:
there are very view options on the trade side, but most ppl are not online for weeks.

would you run the ES chest + discipline without the watchers eye? or does it only make sense with the jewel?

how do I put VRF to use? Do i perma use RF and then VRF when it's up? or only VRF?

I'm confident I can avoid the slam, about the rest I'll watch some videos to get the hang out of it a bit.

I'd say it's only really worth it with the Discipline watcher's eye, how much are vitality ones with % life recovery?

Don't perma use RF only use VRF when you have an opportunity to pump out damage. If you time the VRF correctly you'll instant phase UElder straight into portal phase. What I'd recommend is just doing DPS until you get into the first portal phase and after about 30 seconds start to find a good position near Shaper so that you can pop VRF and instant invuln him so you can DPS elder.
noot noot
"
xKynn wrote:
Experimenting with double cospris + HH pushing to about 11.93 attack speed with some of the minion attack speed juice and dropping the life wheel near pain attunement, also dropped power charge at witch start to justify traveling through minion attack speed nodes. Probably goes well above 15 with soul eater so i don't really know if it's good not sure how many casts ill actually be skipping but it's pretty crazy the screen is full of frostbolts at all times. might possibly get a t1 dex helm with res and 100+ life and pick up acuity later but im cramped on funds rn. Uber atziri was smooth trio was mad annoying took 4 ports on the single cospri soul tether setup. Having a lot of fun with this build!

Gear
Spoiler

Try and test how much APS you have after getting a haste rare buff, hopefully keep it under 15 by 1 or 2 APS so there's room four soul eater. Glad you're having fun, the HH variant isn't ideal for running bosses because you don't have the residual heal from soul tether at full life.
noot noot

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info