[3.9] Nickonasty's Modular CoCpri Ice Nova Assassin - Shaper/UElder Viable

"

The explanation is super complicated but here's the short and sweet. Your skills go on CD with CoC. If you crit and trigger a skill whose cooldown is slightly longer than the frequency of your hits then every other crit will be a dud because the skill is still on CD.

Example: if you attack every .25s and the skill cooldown is .26s for ease of explanation. You hit at

0s

.25s

.5s

.75s

1s

If you crit every hit, the first time you crit your skill is on cooldown until .26s, but you hit at .25s meaning nothing happens. Your next triggering opportunity is then at .5s, etc... So in reality if you attack slightly too fast, you miss up to half your triggers. Now if you bring your attack speed slower so you hit every .26 or .27 seconds then every crit you are guaranteed to proc a spell because their cooldown is faster than you hit.

I'm typing this on my phone but there's a more detailed explanation in the first few pages of the guide as a response.

That make sense

So like you said try to go below 7.5 APS. Is there a minimal amount of APS that we shouldn't go too low? Like would 7.35 be too low?
"
Ralign wrote:
"
Toshiroh wrote:
Hello i love your guide and playing it is super fun and i use the Farruls and was able to tweak it so its APS conform. My question is what can i improve to further gain damage ? I would appreciate if you could take a look at my char for a second :)

Your profile is private and you haven't linked a PoB or your gear...

I am a professional idiot i am sorry ^^' I have 0 survivability issues but i would like to have more damage. I get onslaught from the flask and furr replenishes my stack instantly it's a boost but not the OOMF i hoped for. I am at 6,85 or 7,41 aps on cyclone depends on fur.

Last edited by Toshiroh on Jul 25, 2019, 2:35:43 PM
Hey again,

What should I craft on the last slot? (I know it depends on my needs but what are useful anyhow : -x mana cost of skills, increased damage, increased elemental damage...)
"
AIbatroll wrote:
Hey again,

What should I craft on the last slot? (I know it depends on my needs but what are useful anyhow : -x mana cost of skills, increased damage, increased elemental damage...)

Personally don't have any mana sustain issues with cyclone. There are a few things you can craft other than - mana which would be raw increased damage, +1 minimum charge or crit multi if shattered recently. Just in my opinon
So for the Headhunter set up I noticed in the 1 showcase he uses Kaoms Roots to to negate the Temp Chains but that means no 14%CDR and no 4L CWDT set up. It looks like with that set up you have to drop a curse flask which also makes sense but what about the other curses? Do those 3 things just not matter with a Headhunter?
I am trying to get my attack speed below 7.5, but it seems impossible and I feel like I'm missing something. But when I check the original PoB in this thread it seems to be possible, however in this PoB Cyclone seems to have only a 200 More AS modifier, while it is 300 currently in this patch.

What am I missing? How can I get down to 7.5 APS?
"
What am I missing? How can I get down to 7.5 APS?

Try to remove the keystone "precision". how much APS you got right now?
so if I have 8 APS with everything up and running that is a loss of dps yes? A bit confused still on the whole CoC thresholds
"
Rigamortu wrote:
so if I have 8 APS with everything up and running that is a loss of dps yes? A bit confused still on the whole CoC thresholds

It's a loss. Just think of it as "calling" for a spell cast faster than it's available, it just skips that attack and you wait for the next one.
noot noot
Make sure you have Cyclone not Vaal Cyclone selected.
noot noot

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info