Minecraft creator and fellow Exile Notch banned from 10 year anniversary celebration for wrongthink

"
erdelyii wrote:
TERFs are still just feminists to the anti-feminists,
It depends which anti-feminists you mean. There are at least two groups:
1. Those who see feminism as sexism and are opposed to sexism in all forms, and
2. More radical, openly misogynistic types (e.g. MGTOW).
[Note: by "misogynist" and its derivatives I mean those who view XX-chromosome people as inferior to XY-chromosome people.]

The second group notably considers ONLY the TERFs to be serious opposition; they consider trans-inclusionary feminism to be foolish, and not a threat worthy of labeling as a foe. This is because they view transgenderism as gameable. For insight, here's some misogynists talking trans plans.

The first group, in contrast, seems more concerned with the locus of political power and its use to oppress dissenting opinion. As such, they tend to view the trans-inclusionary feminists as the bigger threat with more power to go after critics, and view the TERFs as a group that has been purity-spiraled out of the politically correct left and is now enjoying a taste of its own medicine — and who might wise up soon and understand the anti-feminist message. For insight on this, here's UKIP MEP candidate Carl Benjamin.

This sets up a strange network of alliances. The misogynists see it as in their best interest to support transgenderism, leading them to support the trans-inclusionary feminists. The anti-sexists, however, are more inclined to support the TERFs in defense of their right to free speech. And the TERFs will likely need that defense, as misogynists, few and fringe though they may be, infiltrate the transgender movement, infuriating the TERFs into politically incorrect outbursts.

The dankest timeline is the gift that keeps on giving.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on May 3, 2019, 11:57:39 AM
fury over the furry?

I wonder when were going to collapse back at individuality as the vocal point of responsibility and civility.

You can only divide groups so much to claim protection or victim status before it reaches 7.7 billion.

Guy looks like he is having a blast with his gaming career.
I think he can seriously miss this drama, my assumption is he is timid when he is not in his public persona so no clue what the entire backstory is and if he brought this on himself?

People are a bunch of weirdos, bless life.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
He could create some sort of gaming conference inviting many different companies but vocally and publicly banning microsoft.. haha :D
Poe 2.0 new trailers when?
I think I detect a trend:

"
Earthworm Jim Creator Vilified For Anti SJW Comments

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDFGo1amH5E

Pop culture creators who don't toe the politically correct line are apparently subject to marginalization. =9[.]9=

=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
Being an arsehole means people will probably criticise your behaviour. Hardly a new trend.
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:

-complicated as all get-out post-

The dankest timeline is the gift that keeps on giving.

Did not understand all that, though didn't really try to. Thanks for the time you took on it, really. Just ... with Charan on it, in sentiment.

The dankest timeline is the gift that keeps on giving, I like that.

It's funny, to contrast this thread with one of the things was doing the day I posted the Sonic Fox bit: running a new worker through how to do the role. She's a young transwoman. We had a lot of fun cracking each other up. Going to enjoy having her around to subvert stuff and advocate as needed, and teach us some things, and yeah, all that complicated angry word salad, will leave to the experts.

"
Boem wrote:
Guy looks like he is having a blast with his gaming career.
I think he can seriously miss this drama, my assumption is he is timid when he is not in his public persona so no clue what the entire backstory is and if he brought this on himself?

Oh, no, Sonic Fox is in another league.

old profile.

Last edited by erdelyii on May 4, 2019, 2:08:16 PM
"
erdelyii wrote:
Did not understand all that, though didn't really try to. Thanks for the time you took on it, really. Just ... with Charan on it, in sentiment.
Well of course you are; I knew that in advance. But I hoped you'd at least Sun Tzu enough to have an interest in your enemy's positions.

More than anything else, that's what I don't get about the current hyperpartisanship. It seems like with both the right-bias and left-bias media are willing to map the world on their side to a point, but any past that and the world stops, and a sign on the map says "here there be monsters." And these "monsters" are vilified. But don't they understand that this doesn't make that enemy weaker, but stronger? That dehumanizing your enemy grants them a power over you, the power of inscrutability, and with you at that disadvantage you can't even think two moves ahead?

I don't know, maybe I'm weird, but when I really hate a person or a group, I become fascinated. I want to understand how they think, obsessively. I vomited once while reading the Christchurch shooter's manifesto, then got right back into it. It's not that I don't understand what you're saying about finding certain ideas repugnant.

It's that I don't give a shit if they are.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on May 4, 2019, 12:20:32 PM
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
Well of course you are; I knew that in advance. But I hoped you'd at least Sun Tzu enough to have an interest in your enemy's positions.

“You've got to pick your battles, Pen, but then fight to the death for the ones that matter.”
― Tiffany Schmidt, Hold Me Like a Breath

Might be the worst book ever, never heard of it, but looks like not that one of Sun Tzu's.

"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
More than anything else, that's what I don't get about the current hyperpartisanship. It seems like with both the right-bias and left-bias media are willing to map the world on their side to a point, but any past that and the world stops, and a sign on the map says "here there be monsters." And these "monsters" are vilified. But don't they understand that this doesn't make that enemy weaker, but stronger? That dehumanizing your enemy grants them a power over you, the power of inscrutability, and with you at that disadvantage you can't even think two moves ahead?

I don't know, maybe I'm weird, but when I really hate a person or a group, I become fascinated. I want to understand how they think, obsessively. I vomited once while reading the Christchurch shooter's manifesto, then got right back into it. It's not that I don't understand what you're saying about finding certain ideas repugnant.

It's that I don't give a shit if they are.

Not sure where you got the idea I don't look into the abyss of what people can do every now and again. Perfectly fine with doing so, even find it fascinating, and think it's important to be aware, though I won't watch footage.

Think calling incels, for example, my enemy is forest/ trees stuff. The real enemy is whatever is making everyone so goddamn hyper attached to being right(eous).

Not just one simple entity there, it's a symptom of complicated times and a hell of a lot of disempowerment / fake entitlement wrapped in layers of flashy gadgetry and bullshit.

Even focusing on Notch is symptomatic, he's a fairly benign billionaire in the scheme of things.

Last edited by erdelyii on May 4, 2019, 1:44:03 PM
Are you against state inforced equality of outcome erd?

Peace,

-Boem-

Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
erdelyii wrote:
Think calling incels, for example, my enemy is forest/ trees stuff.
First, MGTOW are not mere incels; they are otherwise straight men whose misogyny is so strong and uncontainable they decide to be voluntarily celibate. Or maybe you don't take them at their word and just call them incels with sour grapes post hoc reasoning (I do), but the point is that they've completely given up hope and saving up money to buy sex dolls.

Second, a little bit of not seeing the forest for the trees is one thing, but a campaign to encourage it is another. Seeing a few people on the weird side of the internet grossly misattributing relevance is no major cause for alarm, but when you see it spread by major corporatist media outlets, they're trying to distract from something.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on May 4, 2019, 3:28:41 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info