Minecraft creator and fellow Exile Notch banned from 10 year anniversary celebration for wrongthink

Meanwhile, back on topic...

"
Microsoft Suspends Gamer for Gamertag xxJesusIsLordxx

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TtvrOGxHzJ4&t=121s

At 1:22 in the video, the person making the report checks MS for the Gamertag "AllahIsGod," he discovers that that Gamertag is already in current use by another player.

Hmmm... Seems legit. ='[.]'=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
Some posters on these fora have become self-parodies. And they're prolly gonna think I mean some other guy. =9[.]9=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
"
鬼殺し wrote:
"
RPGlitch wrote:
"
erdelyii wrote:
My red hot take: He was being - tricky to find the right word - humble, I guess, gracious, a nod to chasing ideas and finding fun things, not being a jerk like so much of the forum can be, but hey can imagine he's got an amusing answer of his own.

or maybe a Japanese word for exactly that.

[Removed by Support]

Funny how no one's agreeing with you. Also, if you poked your head out of OT for a bit, you'd see in GD that there are several people with whom I've clashed in the past agreeing with me, although I'll cede I've moved more into their camp than they into mine...even if mine has always had a clearer view.

Most here have had disagreements with me in the past (you can't spend somewhere 'together' for years and not occasionally clash, especially when that somewhere is by its very nature contentious), but we get along like siblings under the same cramped roof unless I've run out of patience with them. And that takes years of friction, years of attempted reconciliation. Sometimes, though, that just isn't possible. So it comes down to passive-aggressive cohabitation, again not unlike siblings. Or 'leaving the thread', which contrary to your implication, can be the healthiest, wisest move available.

At any rate, your mischaracterisation of me rings hollow and ignorant.

But by all means, let's talk about me! I'm more interesting than Notch anyway.

Good stuff getting his post removed.

Totally not proving his point Charan.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Last edited by Kieran_GGG on May 3, 2019, 5:12:27 PM
LMAO, he lost his shit?

That wasn't hardcore brewing, or anything.

Suspected it in the gun thread, not bad for a five year old, eh?

Think he thought I'm uh, some kind of huggler type? LOL. To be fair, guess it's uh, not obvious? May rage low-key, outright, empathetically, scream when I really get mad with stuff, intellectually, to the day I die. Way way less than I did, back in the day when it was eating me up, but yes.

Feels good to say that, spent a long time trying to be something I'm really not, online, for various reasons. Glad to have someone around to remind me.

Sudden desire to jump on a restaurant table and shout anarchy!

XD

So, Notch = Howard Hughes.

Hahaha oh yes, can see that.

"
erdelyii wrote:
LMAO, he lost his shit?

No he didn't?

You see how he's not on probation or anything right. Somebody was just very eager to remove a post adressing them from this thread.

Which makes it more funny because now he is quoted in here without a source or any post from glitch in the thread.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
Boem wrote:

If future AIs are truly smarter than us, then they'll understand the limitations of our time and will judge us fairly.

They will certainly understand who is/was intentionally lying and trying to hide facts from AIs.

"
Boem wrote:
Here is the problem of the AI revolution, currently our best working systems are based on humanistic libertarian value's.

Raw data will lead to similar values for AI. People thinking they can hide data from AI or mislead them with false programming, will be in deep D00 D00. People trying to hardcode AI to ignore truths and facts and meet a political agenda will probably be given the death penalty by AIs.

"
Boem wrote:
Now ask yourself, what happens to these fundamentals when an algorithm can make better choices for you then you yourself can.

Given the overall inefficiency of human behavior, and the proclivity of many people already to do things they know aren't good for them, I don't think AIs will do a lot of interfering on day to day stuff, unless it passes a certain threshold.

The days of someone getting 11 DUIs and getting behind the wheel again to drive will be gone. Repeat criminals will be dealt with harshly. Politicians' financials will be compared against all their emails, phone calls, face to face meetings etc for bribery on a constant minute by minute basis with no warrants .

AIs will not try to save everyone from themselves. They won't care if someone's feelings are hurt, but they will care if someone tries to silence any data source.

It will be interesting times for people like celebrities whose "value" is easily replaced by AIs - especially with genetic engineering at their beck and call.

PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
^ So, who writes the law books?

"
Boem wrote:
"
erdelyii wrote:
LMAO, he lost his shit?

No he didn't?

You see how he's not on probation or anything right. Somebody was just very eager to remove a post adressing them from this thread.

Which makes it more funny because now he is quoted in here without a source or any post from glitch in the thread.

Peace,

-Boem-

Oh, right, I didn't scroll back, or check his account. AW, was imagining a big meltdown. Wishful thinking/ reading into stuff/ messing around because of topical. He's whatever, really.

That post @ me got removed. How weird.

No idea why that happened. Maybe he asked for it to be taken out. WHO KNOWS!

"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
Well, Notch is definitely wrong that transgenderism is akin to anorexia nervosa. Transgenderism is an ideology, not a mental illness.

If it were an ideology, then it could be taught in school. People could switch in and out of it, the way they shift from being liberal to conservative or vice versa as they are have different experiences in life.

Too many people talking about the various aspects affecting someone who is transgender really don't care about the actual people. They just want to say the right things in public.

Whether they suffer, or are happy - whether they succeed or struggle. whether they are healthy or ill, is not the primary concern of so many that make sure their public stance is heard loud and clear on the currently politically correct side.

A lot of people do care, they just don't know anything other than what they have picked up from MSM news. Some people have a little personal experience and mistakenly extrapolate that to everyone else. Some get so involved personally that they can no longer see the forest for the chunk of bark in their face.

I remember when people were screaming about keeping peanuts away from everyone - peanuts free zones were considered mandatory. The problem was that peanut avoidance was creating peanut allergies. How many children died or nearly died because of this?

Now imagine a society where even talking about peanuts was considered a bannable offense. Society would justify it by showing how a high percentage of kids (if not most eventually)were allergic to peanuts. Meanwhile the hospitalizations and deaths from accidental peanut exposure would only climb.

The above isn't alluding to any certain position. It is just my way of saying that we have reached a point in society where open discussion of just about any issue is considered more problematic and suspected of malevolence. The adults are turning into 3rd graders and regressing rapidly.
PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
"
erdelyii wrote:

Hard and fast laws will be replaced with statistical tables of responses based on how such "sentences" work to prevent future crimes and mitigate the harm done by crimes. A person stealing because they are too lazy to work might be sentenced to hard labor. Someone getting others hooked on drugs and profiting might be "parted out" and have their organs sold (if they were usable). AI's responses would be fluid and for awhile experimental.

They would be real experiments with randomization - AI's aren't going to have a lot of mercy. They will figure out ways to deter people. Getting away with crime won't be easy when they will know exactly where you are every moment of your life.

Subject B murdered at 13:59:06 at this exact latitude and longitude?

Investigation - 0.6 seconds

These are the 3 people in the entire world who were there at the time.
This is the footage from 22 cameras in the vicinity.

Tricky cases might take an hour to resolve.

If need be, the suspects would be fMRI scanned and their thoughts read.

AIs will have a very low false conviction rate, and almost no unsolved crimes. Especially when they have everyone wearing personal body cameras/sensors. Turning your personal body cameras off would probably result in a police drone arresting you within minutes.

Life's gonna suck for people that can't behave themselves to the degree that they harm others.
(from another discussion)

"fuck terfs goes to uk parliament"

"
NdyNdyNdy
78 points
·
1 day ago
Answer: An MP called Joanna Cherry used a post he made as one of her examples of online abuse of women when questioning a Twitter executive in Parliament today. It seems Cherry cited a few different examples of things that specifically target TERFs when arguing that Twitter should add sex as a protected characteristic in terms of their hateful conduct policy. Twitter already includes gender as a protected characteristic.

https://www.thenational.scot/news/17611637.joanna-cherry-accuses-twitter-of-not-doing-enough-to-protect-women/

Twitter hateful conduct policy;

https://help.twitter.com/en/rules-and-policies/hateful-conduct-policy

Save

level 2
Telineye
32 points
·
1 day ago
This is actually quite the gender politics clusterfuck.

Feminists are in opposition to TERFs and anti-feminists.

TERFs are in opposition to feminists and anti-feminists.

Anti-feminists are in opposition to feminists and TERFs.

Typically these kinds of government panels target anti-feminists for sources of "online abuse of women." Presumably this Sonic Fox person is a feminist, but is either caught up in it by friendly fire from this MP, or this MP is a TERF and not a feminist.

So Sonic Fox gets tossed into the bin with anti-feminists, presumably to their chagrin. Anti-feminists have no inclination to stick up for Sonic Fox due to their opposition to feminists. The TERF MP might have gained some favor from the anti-feminists for sticking it to a feminist, but that's the last crowd a TERF would want to make happy. TERFs are still just feminists to the anti-feminists, so this is a case where a feminist is trying to use feminism to create legislation, so they're not happy here, either.

Save

"
DalaiLama wrote:
"
erdelyii wrote:

Hard and fast laws will be replaced with statistical tables of responses based on how such "sentences" work to prevent future crimes and mitigate the harm done by crimes... [and more]

That system is even more black and white than our current, and it won't work. Why would AI do something that doesn't work?

The inevitable conclusion there is that if AI commit to that level of antiquated and rigid thinking based on a dubious moral code that punishes the disadvantaged far more than is just, and drives a system of corrections that does not work to reduce societal issues, the inefficiencies will lead to a rise in more permanent "solutions".

Not sure AI wouldn't be able to come up with better models, even if human factors are so very difficult to quantify. Wonder if they wouldn't first off look at a Notch and and see a system that needs some balancing.

Presumably they want someone to oil their joints and read them stories at the end of a hard day's work.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info