[3.6] Eternity Shroud Winter Orb Trickster (the best one)

"
DeerFart wrote:

EDIT: Again - would love some other eyes to maybe help min/max some things I am overlooking.

maybe get a belt and ring like that? It's like 5% DPS for each and your resistances are caped even without belt

And divine your watcher's and wands (wands with bestiary, it's cheaper). Other than that - there is not much room to upgrade
"
DeerFart wrote:
Some small updates - I ended up testing the wands and I am in love!

EDIT: Again - would love some other eyes to maybe help min/max some things I am overlooking.

Depends on what exactly you're trying to min/max and where you fall on the DPS vs. QoL spectrum. I wouldn't even call these suggestions, but some things you can think about:

- Move your wither setup to your gloves since they have faster casting already linked. You can toss in Vaal RF for more offense or Vaal Grace for more defense. I'd probably rather have both of those than the frostbite/lightning golem setup, but not too consequential.
- Consider Potency of Will instead of Increased Duration Support. I think you can find 6 skill points on your tree to refund which cost less DPS than the 50% more you're giving up not having Ele Focus. Your char still has plenty of levels to gain too.
- Work Arcane Surge into it somehow. Either Zealotry Watcher's Eye or replacing the cast speed on one of the wands with the hybrid cast speed/arcane surge on kill.

Not too much work left at this point but to get more levels.
"
rlauren2 wrote:
"
DeerFart wrote:
Some small updates - I ended up testing the wands and I am in love!

Depends on what exactly you're trying to min/max and where you fall on the DPS vs. QoL spectrum. I wouldn't even call these suggestions, but some things you can think about:

- Move your wither setup to your gloves since they have faster casting already linked. You can toss in Vaal RF for more offense or Vaal Grace for more defense. I'd probably rather have both of those than the frostbite/lightning golem setup, but not too consequential.
- Consider Potency of Will instead of Increased Duration Support. I think you can find 6 skill points on your tree to refund which cost less DPS than the 50% more you're giving up not having Ele Focus. Your char still has plenty of levels to gain too.
- Work Arcane Surge into it somehow. Either Zealotry Watcher's Eye or replacing the cast speed on one of the wands with the hybrid cast speed/arcane surge on kill.

Not too much work left at this point but to get more levels.

I put the wither set up in the helm because I was low on chromes at the time and the ol' Vorici calculator was giving me some real insane costs (and I didnt feel like currency converting lol!) - that being said I will probably bite the bullet and do that tonight.

I am about 50/50 on the QoL/DPS spectrum as far as Elemental Focus is considered. Wouldn't Ele Focus interfere with my Herald of Ash? Maybe Controlled Destruction?
Last edited by DeerFart on May 3, 2019, 10:44:43 AM
"
blg_RealiZe wrote:
"
DeerFart wrote:

maybe get a belt and ring like that? It's like 5% DPS for each and your resistances are caped even without belt

And divine your watcher's and wands (wands with bestiary, it's cheaper). Other than that - there is not much room to upgrade

Very nice and good observaton. I was already looking at some of thee mods last night. Back to the crafting bench later!
"
blg_RealiZe wrote:
"

why should cast speed increase our DPS? the only thing is that you get faster your maximum stacks, but thats in my opinion was never a problem. at 10 stacks cast speed grants nothing, but increased crit chance gives us more dps

no it's not just stacking
cast speed affects hit rate too and it's very noticeable
Never trust tooltip, always check in pob
for example, each of my wands gives 9% MORE DPS over your sceptres

Ty, last time when I looked for that (months ago), People said it won't be affected.

change some of my Gear for a better QoL

with the changes from Gear, Gems and Tree I Got now when everythings active 174% increased cast speed then before
~ Wand 2 * 32%
~ Zealotry Watcher's Jewel 13%
~ Vaal Haste 29%
~ Boot Enchant 16%
~ faster casting gloves 11%
~ belt 14%
~ Skill Tree 27%

Due to some people who messaged me that liked the Safer Variant more, here's the current skill tree

https://pastebin.com/xd7Q5ezr

Maybe I'll add later some Videos to Showcase it for them
regarding cast speed and worb interactions.

from the description of the skill, cast speed should affect the ramp up speed only, and the shooting speed is called "projectile frequency" and it is not explicitly stated to be increased by cast speed (only by the # of stages, based on the base frequency of 0.8s). this technically means that cast speed should not increase the shooting frequency. however, cast speed does increase worb proj frequency in game, and PoB is calculating this correctly based on the actual game engine implementation. so just like others have been saying in this thread, cast speed is a big dps stat for worb, not just for the qol improvement from faster ramp up

as far as i know though, there is no confirmation from devs on whether this is an intended behavior or not. skills that have similar interactions (e.g. activation frequency on brands) that are intended to be affected by cast speed explicitly states so, as you can see on storm brand's description

now we all know that poe is not known for having consistent and clear wording on behavior and interactions, so there is nothing surprising here. but if this behavior is not intended (and from the current wording, it should be considered a bug), ggg could patch it at any time, at which point all the worb builds (especially the trickster version) will receive a massive dps hit. if it is intended, then ggg should fix the wording (to add the explicit line of "increases and reductions to cast speed also apply to this skill's projectile frequency"). of course they can also do nothing (fairly likely lol) and leave everything as is
Hey, thanks for posting this build.
I just started mapping and pretty much followed the passive points.

However i can't run Hatred, Zealotry and Herald of Ash together, max two only. Can anyone help me to see if i need to do something to get these 3 aura up?

Also, currently I'm very poor, so no Pyre. Is it better to use Herald of Ash or Ice?
"
WangJianWei wrote:
Hey, thanks for posting this build.
I just started mapping and pretty much followed the passive points.

However i can't run Hatred, Zealotry and Herald of Ash together, max two only. Can anyone help me to see if i need to do something to get these 3 aura up?

Also, currently I'm very poor, so no Pyre. Is it better to use Herald of Ash or Ice?

to run 3 Auras u need enlighten gem lvl 4.

since u dont have shaped pyre then you can go either Herald of Ice (feels safer)
or Herald of fire
I see, thanks for the reply.
Will look for enlighten Lvl 4 then.
How do you guys enjoy a 4000 life build? die crazy in t11,

going back to by 24000es oculist
A casual gamer

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info