[3.6] Eternity Shroud Winter Orb Trickster (the best one)

"
bobtctsh wrote:
"
blg_RealiZe wrote:
About 6k EHP with good DPS is enough to clear anything (including uber elder) deathless, everything just dies instantly. Only delving at 600 depth was not comfortable enough for me: too much chaos damage and ondeath effects.
If you die constantly in t11 maps and you need 24k ES to play PoE, it's probably not the problem of the build :)

When people claiming something with "EHP" they are mostly jokes, stun/freeze are all calculated with 4k life.
Having a 24k es char is a result of min-max not because people need it to play the game.
Doing uber elder deathless with this must be so satisfying that i respec my soulrend trickster to this, even knowing that it will be nerfed to the ground in one month. but it didn't work out well for me after died twice to a syndicates in a t11, which is more than my oculist's death count in the entire league.

With Escape Artist, we are very protected from stuns. Most players also craft "Cannot be chilled/frozen" on their boots (or flasks of heat). You're correct that these things would otherwise be problems for a 4-5k life character, but we account for them.

I've also added a "Defensive/QoL" tree to the guide if you want to play more casually and give yourself room for error. You can easily get 200% life from the tree while keeping EB+MoM with 1500 ES and have enough damage for all content.

"
Ellipsist wrote:
Great guide. Was wondering how functional this build would be from a league starter standpoint (was thinking of running with it in flashback league). Without eternity shroud, is the build just completely gutted or is it still functional but with far lower damage?

I think it's likely to be the most popular league starter for flashback. Winter Orb is a broken skill on its own, and Trickster ascendancy is amazing. The build is perfectly viable without Eternity Shroud. As evidence, see any of the handfuls of other Winter Orb Trickster guides here on the forum that aren't centered around it. Beating Shaper with < 1 ex and Uber Elder with < 4 ex can be done.

What I'd suggest doing is follow any of the other Winter Orb guides to start while keeping an eye on the passive tree differences between those builds and this one, prioritizing the common nodes to save on re-spec costs later. Once you get Harness the Void, you can start the damage conversion shenanigans with Pyre and some Shaper weapons with gain ele as extra chaos, Atziri's flask, etc. Grab Eternity Shroud when you can.
"
blg_RealiZe wrote:
"
bobtctsh wrote:
How do you guys enjoy a 4000 life build? die crazy in t11,

going back to by 24000es oculist

uh...MoM + EB says hi. It's not 4000 EHP. And if you're dying all the time you're doing it terribly terribly wrong lol
I have a question about the interaction between Elemental Focus Support and Pyre.
I understand that if we use both the corpses won't shatter, would that translate in decreased clear speed?
Ele Focus is a more multiplier, I'd like to use it instead of Increased Duration since I have Potency of Will.

I'm sure the question is stupid but I'm a novice an still learning about the game as I go.

Thanks!
I pulled the trigger on all this expensive shit yesterday and loving it. havnt bothered finishing setting up support gems though, and need to recraft one of my weapons, but this is just completely retarded.

Winter Orb is ok in it's own right build properly, but with Eternity Shroud...mother of crap lol

And if anyone has a concern about life sustain, or flip flopping between using warlords mark or not, I crafted

The 0.2% life leech feels very good. It aint no Vaal Pact, but it very much does the trick.
I finished 600 depth delve challenge with this build yesterday. Picked up arrow dancing because I was just 2 points from it and feels great. I went through some insane delve areas with crazy mods and managed to survive, if I kept my fortify up I could tank some big nasty hits and quickly leech back to full life thanks to the chaos dmg leeched as life mod on my ring, also replaced elemental focus with added cold so that I was able to shatter/destory most of the mobs to greatly reduce the amount of on-death effects.

The playstyle of this build is very active, I have to run around and try to not get hit and I really like to play the game this way. I will keep going deeper in delve and see where I end up :)
Last edited by M0rf0g3n3sis on May 8, 2019, 7:20:36 AM
"
I pulled the trigger on all this expensive shit yesterday and loving it. havnt bothered finishing setting up support gems though, and need to recraft one of my weapons, but this is just completely retarded.

Winter Orb is ok in it's own right build properly, but with Eternity Shroud...mother of crap lol

And if anyone has a concern about life sustain, or flip flopping between using warlords mark or not, I crafted

The 0.2% life leech feels very good. It aint no Vaal Pact, but it very much does the trick.

Great tip! I added it to the reserved post section.
"
samhoara wrote:
I have a question about the interaction between Elemental Focus Support and Pyre.
I understand that if we use both the corpses won't shatter, would that translate in decreased clear speed?
Ele Focus is a more multiplier, I'd like to use it instead of Increased Duration since I have Potency of Will.

I'm sure the question is stupid but I'm a novice an still learning about the game as I go.

Thanks!

The effect on clear speed is fairly minimal in my experience if you're otherwise following the standard build (meaning no Herald of Ice). With enough investment into cast speed, your Winter Orb shoots fast enough with GMP that it just murders complete mobs even with Elemental Focus. Also, Herald of Ash's ignite/overkill effect still works because Herald of Ash itself causes the ailment and is not linked with Elemental Focus. This helps to kill off any stragglers.

The main reason to drop Elemental Focus would be for survivability (fewer corpse explosions, etc). If that's of interest to you, Controlled Destruction is another option that's sort of a compromise. It's still a more multiplier gem, just a little less than Elemental Focus. You can still shatter stuff, though.
"
rlauren2 wrote:
The main reason to drop Elemental Focus would be for survivability (fewer corpse explosions, etc). If that's of interest to you, Controlled Destruction is another option that's sort of a compromise. It's still a more multiplier gem, just a little less than Elemental Focus. You can still shatter stuff, though.

I see, thanks! I'm following your guide so I'm not using Herald of Ice.

I guess Elemental Focus would be the go to for Uber Elder and the likes. Gotta get a few white sockets on my Eternity Shroud for gem swapping then!
Just got this nasty thing

Fun story: I started with Divine Ire, don't care for it, Tried Storm Burst, better but still nagging feeling I could be playing Winter Orb. Changed to WInter Orb and it's aaaaaall good lol

I don't know if WO needs a nerf, or what exactly it is, but I've come back to it repeatedly this league. It's like...why play anything else. Divine Ire and Storm Burst basically blow complete ass compared. I mean, I know what it is; WO deals damage and lots of it, while you're moving. Maybe that's just a broken mechanic.
Last edited by DamageIncorporated on May 8, 2019, 12:41:04 PM
"
samhoara wrote:
"
rlauren2 wrote:

I see, thanks! I'm following your guide so I'm not using Herald of Ice.

I guess Elemental Focus would be the go to for Uber Elder and the likes. Gotta get a few white sockets on my Eternity Shroud for gem swapping then!

If you've got Potency of Will and Solstice Vigil, you don't need Increased Duration and you'll be OK long term with 4B-1G-1R in your chest. The swapping is mainly between Elemental Focus and Controlled Destruction, so it doesn't require extra coloring or whites. Even less popular links like Energy Leech and Increased Critical Strikes are both blue as well. If you happen to draw Vorici slam, there are way more profitable items to use it on vs. Eternity Shroud.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info