[3.6] Eternity Shroud Winter Orb Trickster (the best one)

"
TakmaN wrote:
Why do I see many of the top builds using HoI linked to onslaught yet they're running elemental focus in the 6L Worb setup?! I also see arcane surge linked to flame dash but they have eldritch battery. Lastly, I see people running enlighten with hatred + HoA + zealotry in a devouring diadem and then HoI in a separate item slot all the while having 14% less mana reserved on their tree. I tested having all 4 auras/heralds in the devouring diadem with the 14% less mana reserved and it's exactly 100% mana reserved which is perfect.

Are these people just copying others that made lazy mistakes or am I missing something here?

*Some* of these builds are trying to manipulate PoB to inflate their damage numbers to be ranked higher on poe.ninja. I'm not sure how exactly each interaction works, but it's possible PoB doesn't take into account the Elemental Focus interaction, so it's giving credit for things it shouldn't.

*Some* people use it to correct PoB so that it actually does show accurate info. Arcane surge watcher's eye, onslaught on kill jewels and such conditional effects are really hard to take into account. Equipping Arcane Surge/Onslaught jewels allow PoB to show you what stuff looks like if you have those conditional buffs enabled more conveniently.

*Some* people might not fully understand the interactions, so they don't know what they're doing isn't going to work.
I really underestimated this implicit, feels super nice in maps. Kill one monster and the whole screen explodes. This implicit is even better than inpulsa's since it can chain from it's own explosions.

p.s. people are still crafting crit strike chance over cast speed which is just mindblowing for me.
Cast speed gives MORE DPS, it also gives more quality of life - faster stacking of WO, shoots more projectiles - faster clearing in maps. Literally no downside.

p.s. Profane wand is the best DPS and quality of life weapon for this build, but people are still doing sceptres (shaped ilvl 85 profane wand base is even two times cheaper than 40% ele damage sceptre)

p.p.s. Got to 9.3 mil DPS (with flasks up, 15 wither stacks and vaal RF) without sacrificing potency of will for jewel slots. Feels super broken
Last edited by blg_RealiZe on May 1, 2019, 9:57:20 PM
"
blg_RealiZe wrote:
I really underestimated this implicit, feels super nice in maps. Kill one monster and the whole screen explodes. This implicit is even better than inpulsa's since it can chain from it's own explosions.

p.s. people are still crafting crit strike chance over cast speed which is just mindblowing for me.
Cast speed gives MORE DPS, it also gives more quality of life - faster stacking of WO, shoots more projectiles - faster clearing in maps. Literally no downside.

p.s. Profane wand is the best DPS and quality of life weapon for this build, but people are still doing sceptres (shaped ilvl 85 profane wand base is even two times cheaper than 40% ele damage sceptre)

p.p.s. Got to 9.3 mil DPS (with flasks up, 15 wither stacks and vaal RF) without sacrificing potency of will for jewel slots. Feels super broken

why should cast speed increase our DPS? the only thing is that you get faster your maximum stacks, but thats in my opinion was never a problem. at 10 stacks cast speed grants nothing, but increased crit chance gives us more dps
"

why should cast speed increase our DPS? the only thing is that you get faster your maximum stacks, but thats in my opinion was never a problem. at 10 stacks cast speed grants nothing, but increased crit chance gives us more dps

no it's not just stacking
cast speed affects hit rate too and it's very noticeable
Never trust tooltip, always check in pob
for example, each of my wands gives 9% MORE DPS over your sceptres
Last edited by blg_RealiZe on May 2, 2019, 1:31:12 AM
"
blg_RealiZe wrote:

I updated the weapon gearing section to reflect this info. Really great stuff.
ok I am really enjoying this build. I switched over from an assassin WO toon to this and right off the bat some of the major differences I have noticed,

1. like everyone has mentioned this is significantly squishier than that one. normal WO I could stand and rely on my warlords mark on hit ring and out leech almost anything other than an actual one shot. this one almost seems like it requires the high cast speed to hit max stacks asap and then continue moving so its a huge change in playstyle.

2.the damage difference feels damn near exponential in comparison. this one hits SOOO much harder which is amazing tbh since my problem with the other one is I hit a wall with my dps and switching to this one the dmg is so much higher even with shit gear that was used for res's and the fact of being shaped lol.

3. the price. god do I miss cheap effective builds lol. this one has proven to be insane in the area of price for some pieces.

currently though this is the gear that ive come up with and I have to admit, even with this level of gear this is the fastest ive ever done shaper and uber elder.

Spoiler

I switch the belt to a typical HH for normal mapping and only use the shaped for u. elder and shaper. also, any idea on what to upgrade next or a plan of upgrade in order of importance? currently im about lost trying to figure out if I need to go the dmg route with upgrades, or to stick to going higher life. also the character is shade_vortex if yall wanna see the tree. thanks in advance and thanks for the build guide
The past is a ghost that haunts you from the moment it exists, until the moment you do not.
"
also, any idea on what to upgrade next or a plan of upgrade in order of importance? currently im about lost trying to figure out if I need to go the dmg route with upgrades, or to stick to going higher life. also the character is shade_vortex if yall wanna see the tree. thanks in advance and thanks for the build guide

get 30-35 movespeed boots, it feels a lot better with high movespeed
overcharge and singular focus nodes instead of dark arts are super questionable. You gain 10k dps, but lose 30% cooldown on flame dash. Also you lose access to ES leech node (first node of light eater wheel), purity of flesh - chaos res is nice. Arcane potency is one of the best DPS nodes too (way better than +1 power charge nodes). Also, you can think about getting potency of will - huge quality of life node for mapping.
Your old tree: https://pastebin.com/hLai12QT
New: https://pastebin.com/82JmeAik

About gear - your jewels are weak, get watchers eye with hatred +flat cold damage to spells or +crit (or both, if you can afford it)
Maybe get a helmet with +2 max WO stages enchant (maybe mirrored, idk standard prices). It's a very significant DPS boost
"
blg_RealiZe wrote:
"
also, any idea on what to upgrade next or a plan of upgrade in order of importance? currently im about lost trying to figure out if I need to go the dmg route with upgrades, or to stick to going higher life. also the character is shade_vortex if yall wanna see the tree. thanks in advance and thanks for the build guide

get 30-35 movespeed boots, it feels a lot better with high movespeed
overcharge and singular focus nodes instead of dark arts are super questionable. You gain 10k dps, but lose 30% cooldown on flame dash. Also you lose access to ES leech node (first node of light eater wheel), purity of flesh - chaos res is nice. Arcane potency is one of the best DPS nodes too (way better than +1 power charge nodes). Also, you can think about getting potency of will - huge quality of life node for mapping.
Your old tree: https://pastebin.com/hLai12QT
New: https://pastebin.com/82JmeAik

About gear - your jewels are weak, get watchers eye with hatred +flat cold damage to spells or +crit (or both, if you can afford it)
Maybe get a helmet with +2 max WO stages enchant (maybe mirrored, idk standard prices). It's a very significant DPS boost

kk that's not a bad bit of ideas tbh and yea I didn't think about the CD on FD, but when I try to import the PB you posted for new tree to compare it says error 302 when I try it.
The past is a ghost that haunts you from the moment it exists, until the moment you do not.
"

kk that's not a bad bit of ideas tbh and yea I didn't think about the CD on FD, but when I try to import the PB you posted for new tree to compare it says error 302 when I try it.

https://pastebin.com/L69yhrWy
Last edited by blg_RealiZe on May 3, 2019, 2:17:51 AM
Some small updates - I ended up testing the wands and I am in love!

EDIT: Again - would love some other eyes to maybe help min/max some things I am overlooking.
Last edited by DeerFart on May 3, 2019, 8:55:42 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info