[3.6] Eternity Shroud Winter Orb Trickster (the best one)

Done the build with 4.5k HP and millions of dps, but felt a bit squishy so i decided to go a more safer variant.

Now got 7k HP/ 1k ES + warlords Mark Leech + Phase Run
DPS is still fine and still destroys everything. No more one shots now and delving is now safe on 300+

https://pastebin.com/qneeLfGm

I think that i crafted a really nice belt also
"
Shangles wrote:
Is there any cheapish chest and gear in general that can be used just as a stop gap before you can save up to get the more expensive stuff?

The Eternity Shroud is really the cornerstone of this guide and all your gear choices. Winter Orb Trickster is completely viable without it, though you'll probably want to check out a few other guides on the forum that are dedicated to the non-Eternity Shroud route. I'll summarize some options here though:

1. Use dual Beltimber weapons (under 10c) for more projectiles so you can drop GMP gem from Winter Orb
2. Use Shroud of the Lightless (1 ex) which you only have to 5 link to save cost and still have a psuedo-6 link (with 6 dps focused gems because you're not using GMP)
3. For all other gear, use either cheap rares with life/resists or generic useful uniques (Atziri's Step, Devouring Diadem, The Gull, etc.). You're not gated by Shaper items anymore, so go ham.

You should still do a good amount of damage from the tree, your "7-link" from your armor + beltimber GMP substitute, and Harness the Void ascendancy. This should get you into high red maps comfortably.

Focus on buying Eternity Shroud first once you're generating currency. Once you've got that, pick up two Shaper weapons with "Gain % elemental damage as extra chaos" and start replacing your gear with rare Shaper items. The weapons with t1 ele -> chaos are 30-50c (https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Synthesis/qY6B8Lsg), and Shaper rares with some life and resists are a few chaos each.

If you follow another guide to start out before switching into this one, just make sure to compare the skill trees. They will be 85+% the same, so try to manage as best you can to minimize the re-spec costs later.
"
Done the build with 4.5k HP and millions of dps, but felt a bit squishy so i decided to go a more safer variant.

DPS is still fine and still destroys everything. No more one shots now and delving is now safe on 300+

Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable

Unavailable

I'm interested in this can you give some more details on the big differences between the two? I looked at the skill tree and your gear but it's alot to process.
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
"
PogoAttack84 wrote:
"

I'm interested in this can you give some more details on the big differences between the two? I looked at the skill tree and your gear but it's alot to process.

My summary of the differences:

1. Only running 1 aura (Hatred). As a result, dropped EB.
2. No need to route up to sovereignty anymore, so drop everything above MoM on the tree and pick up the Scion life nodes instead.
3. With 200-225% life, you're up to 6k hp and 1000+ ES from gear/Escape Artist. Therefore, no need for MoM.
4. Now that we're spending mana, toss Arcane Surge back into the build.

So, you lose Zealotry, Herald of Ash, and the Arcane Potency crit nodes and pick up ~1500 eHP and Arcane Surge. That's obviously a *very* short summary.
"
rlauren2 wrote:
"
PogoAttack84 wrote:
"

Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable

Unavailable

My summary of the differences:

1. Only running 1 aura (Hatred). As a result, dropped EB.
2. No need to route up to sovereignty anymore, so drop everything above MoM on the tree and pick up the Scion life nodes instead.
3. With 200-225% life, you're up to 6k hp and 1000+ ES from gear/Escape Artist. Therefore, no need for MoM.
4. Now that we're spending mana, toss Arcane Surge back into the build.

So, you lose Zealotry, Herald of Ash, and the Arcane Potency crit nodes and pick up ~1500 eHP and Arcane Surge. That's obviously a *very* short summary.

Thank you for that, I don't die very much with the current version of the build but I do feel what he is talking about it being squishy.
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
Hello, what is the benefit of wand vs sceptre? I don't see a difference
Hello all!

I broke down my lvl 100 CoC Icenova/FB Occultist and made this build with much the proceeds.

Would love some thought on min/maxing.

"
Alternateprac wrote:
Hello, what is the benefit of wand vs sceptre? I don't see a difference

The main differences that immediately come to mind:

1. Sceptre allows you to use shield charge or leap slam which can proc fortify. Wands do not.
2. Sceptre elemental damage will boost the damage done by ignite as well as the Herald of Ice explosions, while spell damage from wands does not.
3. They have different attribute requirements and therefore socket coloring costs.

I may be forgetting other impacts. For this build specifically, as I've written it, none of these matter. We have enough strength to use sceptres, we don't use leap slam or shield charge, and Elemental Focus nullifies the ignite/HoI point.

Use whichever you can find with the best implicits. Just remember you are not allowed to equip 1 wand and 1 sceptre, so once you choose make sure you get two of the same type.
"
TakmaN wrote:
Why do I see many of the top builds using HoI linked to onslaught yet they're running elemental focus in the 6L Worb setup?! I also see arcane surge linked to flame dash but they have eldritch battery. Lastly, I see people running enlighten with hatred + HoA + zealotry in a devouring diadem and then HoI in a separate item slot all the while having 14% less mana reserved on their tree. I tested having all 4 auras/heralds in the devouring diadem with the 14% less mana reserved and it's exactly 100% mana reserved which is perfect.

Are these people just copying others that made lazy mistakes or am I missing something here?

dunno where you're looking at these builds but out of the top 50 eternity shroud WO tricksters on poeninja only two aren't using herald of ash.

and the devouring diadem is a different variant. you normally use elder pyre and mark of the shaper as you already have lost the bonus for having a fully shaped set because of the helm. if you keep sovereignity it lets you run an extra aura, either herald of ice or aspect of the spider.

it's a lot more mapping dps with diadem. my current shaper dps is 4.6m with 5.05m map dps. with diadem it's 6.1m mapping dps but just over 4m shaper dps.
Little update

upgraded my Belt and Boots and divined some jewels for max life, got now near 7.5k hp and leveled from 93 to 96 deathless ind T16's and delve past 300. Feels still very safe and DPS is more then enough to kill Bosses in under 2 seconds.

Only thing I have to test now the difference between conc. effect and inc. AOE gem and get some boot enchant on my new pairs.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info