[3.6] Eternity Shroud Winter Orb Trickster (the best one)

"
theworldowner wrote:
Did the second point. The hatred change seems best really, but I have one doubt, its a pain in the ass to refill winter orb all the time, how do you manage that without the effects duration modifiers? Just click all the time? (noob question, i know)

Yeah, that's Winter Orb lifestyle. Every skill just has a certain set of mechanics. Blade Vortex fans probably won't mind it as much since it feels similar. Mine lovers have to just mash detonate all the time, etc. At the end of the day you have to play what you enjoy. I loved BV, so this feels natural to me. I get Potency of Will and think 99% of people playing the build will enjoy life more sacrificing the DPS to get it. You can even drop a gem for Increased Duration Support if it still feels too clunky. It's a bigger DPS loss, but also a bigger duration increase.

If you find it's too intolerable, you can actually play other skills with almost exactly the same tree. Divine Ire with phys -> lightning support and 2x call of the brotherhood ends up abusing all the same damage conversion. Plus you can get stat sticks with both "gain phys as extra lightning" and "gain ele as extra chaos" on them, and you can get "gain phys as extra cold/lightning" on amulets. Just swap some fire points on the tree for lightning and the flat cold damage to spells on your weapons to flat lightning damage to spells (or cast speed). There are Divine Ire Eternity Shroud Tricksters doing 8+ mil Shaper DPS.

There's a 10 mil DPS Wave of Conviction build, a 4 mil Storm Burst build, I could go on and on. You would barely have to respec anything.
I have done the changes and added ash. It seems much more smoothly now... Also my dps is rounding 3m now
"
rlauren2 wrote:

That said, < 1% of people on poe.ninja with this setup use Increased AoE or LMP. That doesn't mean it's wrong, but there's a pretty high burden of proof that you'd have to hit to show it's better. Plus, by leaving it alone you don't have to gem swap.

not gem swapping is nice to be fair. at the end of the day this build does so much dps with the standard setup that there really isn't much need to push that extra couple of percentage.

did probably the easiest uber elder of my life yesterday. nuked down every stage in a couple of seconds. died once due to bad play as i haven't really done uber elder much before. this is with about 4.3m shaper dps. when i can finally finish off the items and get shaped pyre, watchers eye, unnatural instinct i am looking at nearly 7.4m, can't wait
Been playing this build for about 2 weeks now, the damage is pretty crazy, so I built my char with more defence, taking phase acro, incorporated fortify into the build, I dropped hoa and eldritch battery, because the dmg is already more than enough to clear all the content.
HI,

CALL OF THE BLOOTHWOOD RING SHAPED WORKS = PYRE?
Last edited by tomurko on Apr 28, 2019, 1:03:29 AM
Just did uber elder and shaper deathless. All the bonus atlas completed. There is nothing impossible to do, unless you are running an elemental reflect map lol.

;) best build ever... now grinding to level 100.
"
M0rf0g3n3sis wrote:
Been playing this build for about 2 weeks now, the damage is pretty crazy, so I built my char with more defence, taking phase acro, incorporated fortify into the build, I dropped hoa and eldritch battery, because the dmg is already more than enough to clear all the content.

I like the ingenuity with Vigilant Strike + The Vigil. I haven't seen that until now. Do you find it to be effective? I assume the interaction makes fortify last for 30+ seconds, but you still have to run up and smack something in melee range. I worry you would just suicide while trying to trigger it vs. a boss or syndicate.

Separately, if you've decided not to go for EB and are content with just two auras + Enlighten, you probably don't need to travel north of MoM on the tree. If you drop the 10 points you used to get Purity of Flesh, Arcane Potency, and the ES leech, you can pick up Herbalism, Heartseeker, and a jewel socket down by Acro. I think the latter would be better. The only reason the original tree routes that way is because we need Sovereignty, and the ES leech is only needed to save EB + MoM from being permanently drained by degens.

"
tomurko wrote:
HI,

CALL OF THE BLOOTHWOOD RING SHAPED WORKS = PYRE?

Call of the Brotherhood is not a substitute for Pyre. Pyre converts cold to fire, while CotB converts lightning to cold. For a Winter Orb build, we start with cold damage, and therefore need Pyre. When I mentioned CotB, it was in the context of other builds that did lightning damage (Divine Ire with Phys -> Lightning support for example). You have to make sure you are matching the type of damage that your main skill does to the type of conversion you need.
"
rlauren2 wrote:
"
M0rf0g3n3sis wrote:

I like the ingenuity with Vigilant Strike + The Vigil. I haven't seen that until now. Do you find it to be effective? I assume the interaction makes fortify last for 30+ seconds, but you still have to run up and smack something in melee range. I worry you would just suicide while trying to trigger it vs. a boss or syndicate.

Separately, if you've decided not to go for EB and are content with just two auras + Enlighten, you probably don't need to travel north of MoM on the tree. If you drop the 10 points you used to get Purity of Flesh, Arcane Potency, and the ES leech, you can pick up Herbalism, Heartseeker, and a jewel socket down by Acro. I think the latter would be better. The only reason the original tree routes that way is because we need Sovereignty, and the ES leech is only needed to save EB + MoM from being permanently drained by degens.

I saw the vigilant strike + the vigil setup in one of uberdan's vids, I thought that was a great setup and I randomly corrupted my vigil jewel and got the corrupted blood implicit, so at that point I just had to incorporate it into this build haha. I don't use it that often when mapping because everything dies instantly, but in delve with nasty mods fortify gives me that extra layer of protection I need. I just find a trash mob and smack it to start it.

Thanks for correcting my inefficient tree, I will change it asap.
Why do I see many of the top builds using HoI linked to onslaught yet they're running elemental focus in the 6L Worb setup?! I also see arcane surge linked to flame dash but they have eldritch battery. Lastly, I see people running enlighten with hatred + HoA + zealotry in a devouring diadem and then HoI in a separate item slot all the while having 14% less mana reserved on their tree. I tested having all 4 auras/heralds in the devouring diadem with the 14% less mana reserved and it's exactly 100% mana reserved which is perfect.

Are these people just copying others that made lazy mistakes or am I missing something here?
Last edited by TakmaN on Apr 30, 2019, 3:42:53 AM
Is there any cheapish chest and gear in general that can be used just as a stop gap before you can save up to get the more expensive stuff?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info