[3.6] Eternity Shroud Winter Orb Trickster (the best one)

"
Syndreas wrote:
Not sure if this question is answered already. In terms of not getting a Shaper Pyre Ring, is a normal Pyre Ring + all else Shaper gear better than all Shaper gear without Pyre? I feel like the ignored chaos resistance unique mod is worth getting even though chaos damage is something like 50% of one's damage?

imo, general mapping: normal pyre will be better, since most mobs dont have chaos resist (map mod may add it and some rare/unique monsters will have chaos resist, but not most), and you will be getting higher damage to trash mobs with more cold converted to chaos via pyre

bossing: this is where the ignore chaos res really shines, since bosses like shaper have 25% chaos res, which makes the secondary bonus of eternity shroud effectively a 25% chaos penetration. exactly which is better is hard to say as it will depend on gear, PoB will tell for sure for your character

"
BuIIyHunter wrote:
May I ask if I can use this build for standard league? or it has to be in synthesis? Thank you

this build actually lacks synergy with synthesis league since synthesized items cannot be shaper so if you want to use synthesis items, you will lose the secondary eternity shroud bonus. tho some OP synthesis implicits may make up part of that lost dps, the build with synthesized items still will not beat the dps of the full shaper version, even when min/maxed (according to my pob testing). all gear for the full shaper version of the build can be found on standard
"
Syndreas wrote:
Not sure if this question is answered already. In terms of not getting a Shaper Pyre Ring, is a normal Pyre Ring + all else Shaper gear better than all Shaper gear without Pyre? I feel like the ignored chaos resistance unique mod is worth getting even though chaos damage is something like 50% of one's damage?

it will probably depend on your setup but for me, fully shaped gear is about 13% dps over equipping a standard pyre on shaper/guardians. for general mapping, a standard pyre is about 11% more dps over fully shaped gear.

so yeah, you can switch if you want but i just keep my fully shaped stuff on all of the time, the dmg is plenty enough for mapping anyway. plus it means i don't have to worry about my res changing when i keep switching rings
"
crazypearce wrote:

it will probably depend on your setup but for me, fully shaped gear is about 13% dps over equipping a standard pyre on shaper/guardians.

hm, it's -24% DPS for me vs shaper
Last edited by blg_RealiZe on Apr 25, 2019, 2:04:54 AM
"
blg_RealiZe wrote:
hm, it's -24% DPS for me vs shaper

probably because you are swapping out the shaped pyre for a normal pyre? if you make the ring a normal shaped ring and switch it to either a shaper or normal pyre, the difference will be much smaller. im guessing because the conversion of pyre is adding more chaos damage making the chaos res more important
Did anybody run some tests around conc effect and inc AOE support gems? I can see that switching from conc to inc AOE makes the impact area larger, but im not sure if the proj spread also get bigger. If the spread should be the same, wouldnt be just better to play with inc aoe so we overlap more proj explosions?
"
blekotacz wrote:
Did anybody run some tests around conc effect and inc AOE support gems? I can see that switching from conc to inc AOE makes the impact area larger, but im not sure if the proj spread also get bigger. If the spread should be the same, wouldnt be just better to play with inc aoe so we overlap more proj explosions?

this is a good question. i did try testing but it's difficult to tell to be honest. i socketed brutality and went to the boss in act 2. with both inc aoe and conc effect it looks like 3 projectiles hit for the most part. in some of the corridors if you take off GMP and fire just one projectile, it will sometimes hit a mob slightly further away with inc aoe. with gmp on they are so eratic that you really can't see a change.

one thing that might be worth testing for single target is an LMP swap over GMP? if only 3 projectiles are hitting then LMP would be more effective as it has less of a damage penalty. the extra 2 proj from GMP are missing anyway so why take the bigger penalty?

if anyone else has some other ideas it would be really interesting to hear

edit: just did some calculations in PoB and it's worth noting that LMP and conc effect seems to be the best possible setup. (this assumes you can only hit 3 projectiles with GMP + conc)

swapping out GMP to LMP along with conc effect in the links will give you 8.56m per projectile for a total of 25.68m dps. 3 projectiles with GMP is 7.62m for a total of 22.86m.

swapping inc aoe to make all 5 projectiles hit with GMP (if that's even possible) will give 4.86m for a total of 24.3m dps.

but if with GMP and conc effect you can hit with 4 projectiles then that takes the cake. it will 7.62m for a total of 30.48m

so in short, if GMP and conc effect can hit 3 targets only, then LMP and conc will be the best setup. if GMP and conc can hit 4, that will be the best. no variation of inc aoe will better than either GMP or LMP with conc.

the maths is there for possible dps numbers so now someone needs to actually get the mechanics of how many projectiles can hit because i really can't tell lol
Last edited by crazypearce on Apr 25, 2019, 9:43:30 AM
I'm currently doing an alternative version of your build (rel. to tree and stuff) but with same idea. Right now I have about 2.6m dps... melting bosses and end game stuff so easy... if anyone would like to take a look please be free, also i`m able to take suggestions!

Thanks
"
crazypearce wrote:
"
blekotacz wrote:

this is a good question. i did try testing but it's difficult to tell to be honest. i socketed brutality and went to the boss in act 2. with both inc aoe and conc effect it looks like 3 projectiles hit for the most part. in some of the corridors if you take off GMP and fire just one projectile, it will sometimes hit a mob slightly further away with inc aoe. with gmp on they are so eratic that you really can't see a change.

one thing that might be worth testing for single target is an LMP swap over GMP? if only 3 projectiles are hitting then LMP would be more effective as it has less of a damage penalty. the extra 2 proj from GMP are missing anyway so why take the bigger penalty?

if anyone else has some other ideas it would be really interesting to hear

edit: just did some calculations in PoB and it's worth noting that LMP and conc effect seems to be the best possible setup. (this assumes you can only hit 3 projectiles with GMP + conc)

swapping out GMP to LMP along with conc effect in the links will give you 8.56m per projectile for a total of 25.68m dps. 3 projectiles with GMP is 7.62m for a total of 22.86m.

swapping inc aoe to make all 5 projectiles hit with GMP (if that's even possible) will give 4.86m for a total of 24.3m dps.

but if with GMP and conc effect you can hit with 4 projectiles then that takes the cake. it will 7.62m for a total of 30.48m

so in short, if GMP and conc effect can hit 3 targets only, then LMP and conc will be the best setup. if GMP and conc can hit 4, that will be the best. no variation of inc aoe will better than either GMP or LMP with conc.

the maths is there for possible dps numbers so now someone needs to actually get the mechanics of how many projectiles can hit because i really can't tell lol

Another thing to consider is that AoE is achievable easier through other means. You are close to Amplify, Blast Radius, and Arcane Expanse on the tree. Shaped helms can also come with increased AoE mod, and you can add AoE with the crafting bench. I haven't played around with this at all in PoB, but none of it matters unless you can reliably predict how many of the orbs will land. There is variance in Winter Orb itself, plus different sized hit boxes depending on which enemy, so it becomes an impossible question to answer universally.

That said, < 1% of people on poe.ninja with this setup use Increased AoE or LMP. That doesn't mean it's wrong, but there's a pretty high burden of proof that you'd have to hit to show it's better. Plus, by leaving it alone you don't have to gem swap.
"
theworldowner wrote:
I'm currently doing an alternative version of your build (rel. to tree and stuff) but with same idea. Right now I have about 2.6m dps... melting bosses and end game stuff so easy... if anyone would like to take a look please be free, also i`m able to take suggestions!

Thanks

I'm glad you're enjoying it! Looking at your build, only 2 things jump out really:

- Malevolence seems suboptimal. The increased AoE and Increased Skill Effect duration are both nice to have, but it's a big DPS loss. I would suspect (though not confirmed) that you could refund some passive points from DPS nodes, pick up potency of will & amplify, swap out Malevolence for Hatred and end up with both more damage and more quality of life.

- I'd refund Quick Recovery and the 4 point jewel socket next to Eldritch Battery and go for Devotion plus the jewel socket next to it. You lose 0.8% life recovery, 10 int, and useless mana stats to gain 50 strength, aura effectiveness, and save 1 skill point.
Did the second point. The hatred change seems best really, but I have one doubt, its a pain in the ass to refill winter orb all the time, how do you manage that without the effects duration modifiers? Just click all the time? (noob question, i know)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info