[3.7] Untouchable Ghost. 50k Evasion 10k ES HOWA Charged Dash

"
mattman1477 wrote:
"
Thauma wrote:
Had my first death on this build yesterday...

I found this very helpful/interesting.
So your running the 3 auras in the helm AND a blood and sand in something else?
Also your 4 linking CWDT, curse on hit, Wave of conviction and conductivity?

Yep! Using Blood and Sand in the weapon along with Golem + CWDT.

Helm: Discipline + Purity of Elements + Grace + Enlighten LV3.

Gloves: CWDT LV1 + Wave of Conviction LV7 + Curse on Hit + Conductivity.

Maybe another suggestion, but looking at things in PoB that damage output is about 1.6 million shaper damage. If you swap out elemental focus for fortify you drop to 1.49 million shaper damage. But now you have a 26% chance to shock which bumps shaper damage up to 2.23 million while shock is in effect. I don't know how to calculate the average damage taking shock into account, but it might actually be a dps increase considering that the peak dps is about 600k higher.
What is the advantage of blood and sand aura ?
Do not see it.
Blood and Sand adds another multiplicative modifier to damage in blood stance and area effect in sand stance. 10% more damage or 10% more area of effect. So you can switch on the fly for map clearing or for boss damage. It's not a bad choice for a one socket investment.
"
Dnarris wrote:
Blood and Sand adds another multiplicative modifier to damage in blood stance and area effect in sand stance. 10% more damage or 10% more area of effect. So you can switch on the fly for map clearing or for boss damage. It's not a bad choice for a one socket investment.

Gratz for the reply. I will try , does not hurt :)
"
Thauma wrote:
"
mattman1477 wrote:
"
Thauma wrote:

Honest question, do you actually find CWDT trigger enough to be worth it on this build?
I tried it for a bit for golem but trash mobs simply dont hit me enough with all the evasion going on to actually get it to trigger. Meaning its not up for most of the map so i gave up the idea and been doing golem and wave on conviction manually

Reading this wave might be worth sticking on cwdt for bosses that actually hit us though.
"
Thauma wrote:
"
mattman1477 wrote:
"
Thauma wrote:

I have the exact same helms 4 link setup but I don’t have the mana reserve to get blood and sand ? What am I missing here ? I have all the reduced mana reserve passives in the tree.
NVM I am dumb.
~ Seph
Last edited by sephrinx on Jun 26, 2019, 9:44:41 PM
"
Dnarris wrote:
Maybe another suggestion, but looking at things in PoB that damage output is about 1.6 million shaper damage. If you swap out elemental focus for fortify you drop to 1.49 million shaper damage. But now you have a 26% chance to shock which bumps shaper damage up to 2.23 million while shock is in effect. I don't know how to calculate the average damage taking shock into account, but it might actually be a dps increase considering that the peak dps is about 600k higher.

This comes up frequently so I've discussed this a few times. With the added damage from 3.7 its worth revisiting this question. The more damage you have before shock the better shock is so I shall run the numbers again. This does assume that you have Wise Oak and wave of conviction active which may not be a safe assumption.

First off we *never* tick the 'shock' box in pob. It just adds a 50% more multiplier which will almost always be wrong.

DPS = 1,564,629 x 1.5 (full channel) = 2,346,943 DPS without shock

DPS = 1,409,816 x 1.5 (full channel) = 2,114,724 DPS (focus into fortify)

Highest individual Lightning hit = 270,736 x 1.5 = 406,104
Shaper has 18,328,731 HP so highest possible initial shock is 10% more damage

2,114,724 x 1.1 = 2,326,196 DPS after shock

With 21% chance to shock and hitting 8 times per second its reasonable to assume you get a shock every 2 seconds to maintain its uptime, the main question is how probable it is that the %chance to shock rolls on the top end lightning hit and not a bottom end which is 1/10th the damage and would only create a 1% more damage shock.

If you lower your target to map bosses instead of shaper you will start doing better shocks but you probably won't have the totem or wave of conviction. For those targets (anything being killed in less then 2 seconds) the 'ramp up' time of getting shocks mean they are not really a factor

Previous calculations had shock being considerably worse then focus but it seems with the buffs to raw dmg numbers and nerf to attack speed its now a contender. I think its a good idea to try it out and see how it feels to play.

Breathe of Lightning becomes more tempting too as it improves the shock but I struggle to see what can be cut without losing ES and I tend to like keeping that up

"
mattman1477 wrote:

I have the exact same helms 4 link setup but I don’t have the mana reserve to get blood and sand ? What am I missing here ? I have all the reduced mana reserve passives in the tree.

You do not have a lvl 3 enlighten in the +1 helm. You have a lvl 2 enlighten in the +1 helm.
Hello, Im currently at lvl 82, been enjoying this build so far but I got some issues vs phys mobs I believe, especially in legion they can 1 shot me, I have 7K ES atm and it actually happened few mins ago I got one shoted by a mob during legion encounter... I would like to know how can I avoid this, some way to avoid physical dmg I believe? :p

Here is my gear, if u would like to check, my profile is also public so you can take a look at the talent tree
Gear

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info