a

Hey, I also made a Purifying Flame Inquisitor as a league starter but my tree is slightly different from yours.

I use Elemental Overload and Mind Over Matter (still testing if it's viable if I use Anger + Herald of Ash); the reasoning behind Elemental Overload is that I can make a more compact tree without having to go out of my way to grab crit multi nodes and finding good equipment for end game content should be easier.

Regarding gems, was thinking of going for a setup like yours on Purifying Flame except I wanted to use Elemental Focus instead of Controlled Destruction so I can keep proccing Elemental Overload even without having to rely on Wave of Conviction for that.

Don't think I'm loosing too much dps on the lack of ignite due to Elemental Focus, right?

"
theFoffo wrote:
Hey, I also made a Purifying Flame Inquisitor as a league starter but my tree is slightly different from yours.

I use Elemental Overload and Mind Over Matter (still testing if it's viable if I use Anger + Herald of Ash); the reasoning behind Elemental Overload is that I can make a more compact tree without having to go out of my way to grab crit multi nodes and finding good equipment for end game content should be easier.

Regarding gems, was thinking of going for a setup like yours on Purifying Flame except I wanted to use Elemental Focus instead of Controlled Destruction so I can keep proccing Elemental Overload even without having to rely on Wave of Conviction for that.

Don't think I'm loosing too much dps on the lack of ignite due to Elemental Focus, right?

I don't use Elemental Focus because of Righteous Providence, Cinderswallow Urn and Combustion. Ignite damage by itself is pretty negligible because it's so small :) EO is great but has much lower damage ceiling than crit, so it's up to you what you choose.
I see, I knew I was forgetting something important (in this case how combustion works :'D )...

Once I get the second ascendancy point, I may actually respect the elemental overload in favour of using crits then, thank you :)
Picked this as my league starter for two reasons, I wanted to try the new gem with a templar and the guide looked pretty solid. But I have to say it feels very weak and slow, but I'm hanging in there and hope it picks up later on!
Edit: To be more specific, damage and survivability is good but casting animation and aoe is pretty bad.
Went D1 -> D2 -> D3 -> PoE. Natural progression...
Last edited by xpanterx on Mar 9, 2019, 3:47:10 PM
"
xpanterx wrote:
Picked this as my league starter for two reasons, I wanted to try the new gem with a templar and the guide looked pretty solid. But I have to say it feels very weak and slow, but I'm hanging in there and hope it picks up later on!

What I found helped a lot that someone else mentioned here was using Holy Flame totem. Gives a fair bit of extra damage, before you start linking the Purifying Flame to a few supports, so you can progress more easily.
"
agm_ultimatex wrote:
"
xpanterx wrote:

What I found helped a lot that someone else mentioned here was using Holy Flame totem. Gives a fair bit of extra damage, before you start linking the Purifying Flame to a few supports, so you can progress more easily.

That would feel like running two builds at once ;)
But since I'm not giving up on this one for awhile at least I will try it! Thanks.
"
xpanterx wrote:
"
agm_ultimatex wrote:
"
xpanterx wrote:

But since I'm not giving up on this one for awhile at least I will try it! Thanks.

Have you tried using Onslaught support on your(presumably) 4L setup, it really sounds like the cast speed is just screwing you over there making build not feel smooth to play.
"
xpanterx wrote:
"
agm_ultimatex wrote:
"
xpanterx wrote:

What level are you? This build picks up after a moment. The casting animation is pretty slow but it will get better with levels :) If you can, pick up the AoE cluster and use Increased AoE or Intensify in your main link. Make sure to use faster casting or onslaught gem for leveling.
I'm around lvl 28 at the moment.
Thank you for all the suggestions!
Oh has anyone else noticed that the hit-box is weird? It's really noticable if you try to destroy urns for example.
Edit: A spelltotem with purifying flame kind of doubled my firepower, made things smoother.
Last edited by xpanterx on Mar 9, 2019, 4:58:27 PM
Holy flame totem is really strong. still using it on boss fights and Carry's you extra in the beginning.

as soon as you are around lv 40 and have a 4 link setup it really takes off. and spell echo is just fun. even if its not the strongest in a 4 link

extra tip: try to run first labyrinth as soon as you can. if you finish that your mana starving days are over.
Last edited by morph444 on Mar 9, 2019, 4:55:08 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info