Incinerate

projectile speed affects incinerate, I would not be surprised if a 20%qlty incinerate and a high level faster projectiles would reach right across your screen :)
Projectile speed does impact the length and damage a bit (just tried it), but I'd rather use a longer range skill. Using up my ES to kill a single mob is not what I like doing!
Looks like a good addition to a righteous fire mara or templar build.

Doubt it would be good for anything else.
Last edited by aimlessgun on Mar 8, 2013, 1:14:51 AM
"
Andir wrote:
Projectile speed does impact the length and damage a bit (just tried it), but I'd rather use a longer range skill. Using up my ES to kill a single mob is not what I like doing!

/rolls eyes
"
aimlessgun wrote:
Looks like a good addition to a righteous fire mara or templar build.

Doubt it would be good for anything else.
challenge accepted.
The one thing that might be huge for this ... +Projectile Damage Nodes and Point Blank. I've been looking at this like a spell when you could look at it like a really fast projectile gun.

...someone correct me if I'm wrong.
Not sure if something is wrong but this skill seems to do 0 dmg. I just stood in act 2 normal and used the gem at level 1 and the mobs health didnt drop at all. Also on the tooltip there is not mention of DPS or on the character sheet.
It won't work with Point Blank. As for Projectile Damage, it'll do the same thing Spell Damage or Fire Damage does.
"
PyrosEien wrote:

For the other question I answered it, it's on page3 my bad, first post. I slowed down a video and counted the projectiles. You fire 6projectiles then 7th is an increased size one. Faster Casting is noticeable just by looking at it, it ramps up faster. So it's cast based.

Ah, I see it now, thanks. Sounds like Faster Projectiles, Faster Casting, Mana/Life Leech (depending if you are Blood Magic or not) are essential then, and Knockback for the 5th gem perhaps?

Does seem like a lot of work to make the skill viable when a similar setup with Freezing Pulse would just crush everything instead.
I think the balance between risk and damage is very good, but the mana cost is just too ridiculous. I'm running 3 mana flasks all with increased recovery and I constantly run out. This is only on a level 6 incinerate with LMP and faster projectiles. Once I actually slap on more supports and level it up higher I'm afraid I won't even be able to support the mana cost with eldritch battery and a mana flask. The insane mana cost is the only thing keeping me away from making this one of my permanent characters.
Last edited by Nycro on Mar 8, 2013, 1:27:09 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info