Incinerate

"
DarkNRG wrote:
"
Invalesco wrote:
guess it's time to try this "useless" skill and make it op! ^^

I agree with Invalesco

I dont see why people instantly bitch, perhaps you could try tailoring a build to it, also you have options mana leech is one, mana leech + clarity is another... hell BM and life leech plus vaal pact is probably retardedly OP and lets you just hold down the button.

You cannot expect to pick up every skill and be a god right away. You closed beta guys should know better.

I expect every skill in the game to be reasonably usable at required level, with a reasonably applicable build. It's completely broken at low levels and it never should have made it out of alpha.
The Amazon Basin: A Community of Friends Playing Games

http://www.theamazonbasin.com
Last edited by OnmyojiOmn on Mar 8, 2013, 12:01:10 AM
The number of people complaining because they read posts from other people complaining about a skill they havent actually tried to build around is depressing.
IGN: Iolar
Last edited by BRavich on Mar 8, 2013, 12:02:32 AM
"
rogueyoshi wrote:
does nobody see the potential i see with this skill? to me, it looks like another case of closed beta lightning arrow (hint). i'm not going to spoil any surprises completely, so think outside the box for a little...

Oh some of us see it I assure you. But i am to busy playing with dual shockwave totems to test this out, in the next week or so I am certain you will see build of the week submissions for it.
Now presenting! Venom ink; malice in the pen, poison on the paper, anger in the mind.

Brought to you by Dat LLC, in partnership with Harassment Industries.

*Disclaimer* No actual products are being sold, shipped or presented. *End of disclaimer*
"
An AOE fire spell is a great addition

All the fire spells were already AoE...
Lol at people thinking they're badass by going 'this spell is totally great, I just won't tell you why!' If you actually had anything other than a petty need to feel special on an internet forum, you'd add to the discussion instead of just trolling and being legends in your own minds.
"
DarkNRG wrote:
"
rogueyoshi wrote:
does nobody see the potential i see with this skill? to me, it looks like another case of closed beta lightning arrow (hint). i'm not going to spoil any surprises completely, so think outside the box for a little...

Oh some of us see it I assure you. But i am to busy playing with dual shockwave totems to test this out, in the next week or so I am certain you will see build of the week submissions for it.

The funny thing about the "build of the week" always was that not a single one is viable in end game maps, and it would be the same here.

Even if you BM + Chance to Flee + Knockback + Lifeleech and shit like this it would work properly since you cant make rares flee, ranged would destroy you, same goes for any sort of alchemist and most chargers/jumpers etc. In theory ye sure, but it wont work against anything but the oily zombies.

Because as soon as shit is in your face it actually gets kinda difficult since you dont have the cc of Freezing Pulse, so theres no way in hell you could simply tank it.
Last edited by nynyny on Mar 8, 2013, 12:12:15 AM
Well the obvious synergies would be with proc based supports/items, like chance to flee, knockback and blind, however this I feel has limited practical use as a flame totem with the same would do just as well and cost less mana/doesn't require you to cast constantly.

The second is static blows and added lightning. While it has a damage effieicny of only 20%, the fact it stacks 80% more dmg per stage means you should be able to reach shock proc status in 3rd or 4th stage, assuming you get the other shock duration passive, quality added lightning, conductivity and/or elemental weakness. If you can reach the treshold, then mobs simply melt near instantly due to the first shock making it super easy to proc the 2nd and 3rd and the hit speed being insanely high. This wasn't possible with flame totem due to not having a dmg buff mechanic so 20% efficiency killed it.

Other than that I'm not seeing much applications to this spell. This does depend on the final cost though as I haven't lvled mine further since I don't wanna bother running Brutus again nor do I care too much about farming right now. If it's 12, it could possible be ran in an EB build otherwise I think Blood Magic will have to be used.
Spell is sustainable with LL(+BM) or ML at a higher levels for sure. A life regen or EB build is necessary to maintain it indefinately (key word there: maintain). However with the damage increases and bonuses that can be obtained (faster projectiles ppl... which I haven't seen mentioned yet), this skill can be entirely OP.

It has innate piercing (FP,FC and LMP/GMP...OMG).

Give it a chance fellow players, I have a feeling the testing on this skill was done quite thoroughly and the only minor complaint I have is that the skill should have been given a 0.5 - 1% crit chance (keep it very VERY low, but a chance none the less).

I plan on using this skill and yes I have a very specific build in mind (not build of the week worthy, but darn good enough to enjoy this *gem* pardon the pun :).

Rather than whine about "this and that", try looking for the good and giving it a try before saying it's completely useless within hours of it being released.

All the best :)
Last edited by Josephoenix on Mar 8, 2013, 12:28:22 AM
Does Projectile speed increase the range like it does with ethereal knives?
The spell is sustainable, but the damage caps. I just sat here... toe to toe with a life leech boss using Incinerate on him (Iron Will + Life Leech + Blood Magic...) for a good 10 minutes. He leeched enough life from me to stay alive and my life leech + regen was enough to keep me alive. Stalemate. If the spell kept stacking damage it might be worth something, but it looks to have a cap.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info