Incinerate

please don't Never follow TL2 or Meteor in D3. follow D2.
and if i level up this skill, its range must be increased like D2.
its best skill for me.
chance to flee + blind + knockback + Point Blank + Projectile Weakness + Enfeeble
you can't hit me! lol
Last edited by rsthrsdj on Mar 7, 2013, 11:34:08 PM
"
PyrosEien wrote:
"
Andir wrote:
Is it just me or does Fork not work on this?

Fork doesn't work with any projectile that pierces all the time, like FP or Flame Totem. Or this.
Then you can add me to the list of people not understanding this spell. It's decent for damage right after you get it, but there's not really a good support structure to put with it to do damage...

I mean, Life Gain on Hit seems like it would be huge on this and Iron Will wasn't increasing the damage as far as I can tell.
Last edited by Andir on Mar 7, 2013, 11:39:59 PM
"
Andir wrote:
"
PyrosEien wrote:
"
Andir wrote:

Fork doesn't work with any projectile that pierces all the time, like FP or Flame Totem. Or this.
Then you can add me to the list of people not understanding this spell. It's decent for damage right after you get it, but there's not really a good support structure to put with it to do damage...

I mean, Life Gain on Hit seems like it would be huge on this and Iron Will wasn't increasing the damage as far as I can tell.

Fork only works for projectiles. Stuff like Power Siphon, Fireball. Basically if your spell fires a distinct ball of stuff that disappears when it reaches a target, Fork will work.

Stuff like Freezing Pulse isn't a distinct ball of stuff. It AOE pierces through targets, so Fork won't work.

Life Gain on Hit only works on attacks.

Here: http://en.pathofexilewiki.com/wiki/Attack
Last edited by elitedesolator on Mar 7, 2013, 11:47:07 PM
"
Andir wrote:
"
PyrosEien wrote:
"
Andir wrote:

I assume you're well aware that Life Gain on Hit only works with attacks, not spells like Incinerate. Also, Iron Will may have been increasing the damage; it's possible that you didn't notice the damage increase due to the 20% damage effectiveness of Incinerate (which stops flat damage increases like Added Lightning from being broken with spells like this and Flame Totem). I think you'd require a stupidly high damage bonus from strength to actually notice a damage increase with both Incinerate and Flame Totem. As it stands however, Flame Totem can actually be built around because it doesn't require your character to commit suicide for some extra damage.

One last note: I agree with those that see this spell as unoriginal; it's basically flame totem, with you as the totem. The damage boost while standing still isn't enough to make it novel, as being forced to stand still can only spell certain death with the game balanced the way it is. It'd have been nice if this somehow took advantage of fire's ignite status.
"
rsthrsdj wrote:
please don't Never follow TL2 or Meteor in D3. follow D2.
and if i level up this skill, its range must be increased like D2.
its best skill for me.
chance to flee + blind + knockback + Point Blank + Projectile Weakness + Enfeeble
you can't hit me! lol

Point Blank doesn't work on spells. You could do that before with flame totem and it doesn't require you to stand still either. It's fairly bad mostly because of pushing mobs through the walls but it does work good for protection. I didn't say replace this skill, it's here so that's that, I said I was hoping for a different spell, one that made use of the only thing that makes fire interesting, ignite. If you can't use ignite, unless the damage is overwhelming(which it could be on this if you can stay in last stage for a bit) then it's not worth using over cold or lightning spells.
"

Fork only works for projectiles. Stuff like Power Siphon, Fireball. Basically if your spell fires a distinct ball of stuff that disappears when it reaches a target, Fork will work.

Stuff like Freezing Pulse isn't a distinct ball of stuff. It AOE pierces through targets, so Fork won't work.

Yeah, but the skill says "Projectile" at the top... they should add a special "Stream" if they don't want to confuse people then.

I forgot about the life gain on hit, but the spell icon shows both the fork logo and the life gain logo so it gives you the impression it would work when it doesn't.

Having it only useful in spell totem seems like a terrible skill IMHO. (Then again, I don't drop totems...)
Last edited by Andir on Mar 7, 2013, 11:57:32 PM
"
Invalesco wrote:
guess it's time to try this "useless" skill and make it op! ^^

I agree with Invalesco

I dont see why people instantly bitch, perhaps you could try tailoring a build to it, also you have options mana leech is one, mana leech + clarity is another... hell BM and life leech plus vaal pact is probably retardedly OP and lets you just hold down the button.

You cannot expect to pick up every skill and be a god right away. You closed beta guys should know better.

Also consider since you have to stand still to use this to maximum effectiveness, you have to find creative ways to lure mobs to you, I for one plan on trying lightning warp totems to bring me more things to kill. This also sounds like a nice flamethrower to turn on while your minions horde has mobs occupied.
Now presenting! Venom ink; malice in the pen, poison on the paper, anger in the mind.

Brought to you by Dat LLC, in partnership with Harassment Industries.

*Disclaimer* No actual products are being sold, shipped or presented. *End of disclaimer*
Last edited by DarkNRG on Mar 8, 2013, 12:00:50 AM
Overall the idea was smart to incorporate an AOE fire spell but this missed the mark by far. In game it has almost no utility when using other skills along with it. Needing to stand still to build the damage is the opposite of the caster playstyle. In addition it has almost no synergy that is useful other then knockback. Also the fact it cant crit makes this spell fall short under other options that were already available. I cant see myself switch from firestorm/fireball for an incineration link. While using it on spell totem is decent it still is just a glorified fire totem (if you wanted this a simple buff to fire totem would of sufficed). I feel as if the spell needs to be able to be supported by the other support gems. An AOE fire spell is a great addition, this just needs some major tweaking because as of now its quite useless
"
Andir wrote:
"

Yeah, but the skill says "Projectile" at the top... they should add a special "Stream" if they don't want to confuse people then.

I forgot about the life gain on hit, but the spell icon shows both the fork logo and the life gain logo so it gives you the impression it would work when it doesn't.

Having it only useful in spell totem seems like a terrible skill IMHO. (Then again, I don't drop totems...)

I explained last page why it doesn't work, it's not obvious but projectiles can only Pierce, Fork or Chain, in that order of priority. If a projectile pierces, it won't fork or chain. Flame Totem, Freezing Pulse, Ice Spear in first form and this always pierce. That means they can never Fork or Chain. Some stuff only pierces sometimes or doesn't pierce, those can fork or chain(when they don't "proc" the pierce).
does nobody see the potential i see with this skill? to me, it looks like another case of closed beta lightning arrow (hint). i'm not going to spoil any surprises completely, so think outside the box for a little...
IGN Macesaremanttofly

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info