Incinerate

I'll just say, this skill is insane on my Pain Attunement witch.

I have only 6% cast speed taken in skill tree. Imo - if this skill cost so much mana, why invest in cast speed? It's better to invest in spell/fire damage. I had to eat 3 regrets to refund my 10% cast speed.

So it's currently on lvl 8, supported by:

added chaos damage, added lightning damage, life leach (ghost reaver), LMP

cost 23 mana, sustained constantly by my 106 mana regen/s.

I'll just say - deals more damage than lvl 18 fireball. nuff said.
Last edited by Pivu on Mar 8, 2013, 1:32:31 AM
"
Pivu wrote:

I have only 6% cast speed taken in skill tree. Imo - if this skill cost so much mana, why invest in cast speed? It's better to invest in spell/fire damage. I had to eat 3 regrets to refund my 10% cast speed.

I don't understand how you think PA and GR interact with eachother. Are you one of those guys that thinks you have PA active with CI?
"
Pivu wrote:

using any of the "added damage" supports (lit,chaos,cold) are not worth it based on the 20% damage efficiency. LMP/GMP + FP are definate +'s also the FC makes it reach it's potential faster and then do more damage at the highest setting (if you can support it, high life regen + BM, or insane mana regen...many ways)
"
Jakabov wrote:
It won't work with Point Blank. As for Projectile Damage, it'll do the same thing Spell Damage or Fire Damage does.
Is Point Blank restricted to bows or something? Why would it not work with any projectile?
"
Andir wrote:
"
Jakabov wrote:
It won't work with Point Blank. As for Projectile Damage, it'll do the same thing Spell Damage or Fire Damage does.
Is Point Blank restricted to bows or something? Why would it not work with any projectile?

Projectile+Attack, Projectile+Spell. There's a difference.

Point Blank only works with spells that say both Projectile and Attack.
Thanks... I just got back from reading about PB and just got that. So Incinerate has very limited use cases as far as I can tell. Totems and a very specific set of support gems that an entire build would have to be made for. I think I'll stick to other skills with more utility.
Right now it seems that if you put it on a totem, the damage is reduced too much. If you don't put it on a totem, you're standing still for 3-5 seconds to kill a pack, and that's just not acceptable.

I'm concerned that GGG has the wrong idea thematically about fire spells.

Much like cold damage has a theme of control and combo, fire damage has a theme of sacrificing defense for offense, big damage and mobility and killing as much as possible before you're killed.

Righteous Fire is a good example of this, unfortunately it's the only example of this.

There are way too many power discrepancies between spells that need to be addressed. Right now it's basically just choose either Spark or FP. Anything else and you're not going to perform as well as you could.

Furthermore, in a game so heavily dependent upon criticals and status ailment stacking, creating spells that cannot do either, or have difficulty doing either is just poorly realized.
Last edited by elbicnivnimai on Mar 8, 2013, 2:00:36 AM
Even if someone was to come up with a build that overcomes all the other disadvantages of the spell (insane mana cost, having to stand still, tiny range, poor spread alignment with LMP/GMP) then it's still a spell that cannot crit. This alone seems to disqualify it from viability, especially considering all the other disadvantages that, lets face it, no build can possibly overcome without sacrificing too much in other areas for it to be worth it.
Honestly the ignite status ailment just needs to be reworked.

If ignite stacks that would already help a ton. Fixes the problem with Incinerate and Firestorm.
I have a suggestion for this sell that would fix the aiming lockdown problem. this spell feels like it needs to AIM where the mouse cursor is so you don't get locked onto a mob while it circles around you because trying to move to get a good position cancels it. Also I feel this would fix the flavour of the spell because usually flamewielders stay fire down horizontally to burn groups.
Last edited by isunktitanic on Mar 8, 2013, 2:54:00 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info