Incinerate

"
Tha_Know_How wrote:
...needs little improvements to be close to as good as other skills.

"
c0zie wrote:
Please make this gem good again.

"
The skill needs a significant buff...

"
xThothx wrote:
The gem isn't even close to competitive to the current meta.

Why GGG? Why?

I'm not going to be as negative as some of the other people here as I believe incinerate is still viable, I even still like my level 98 marauder incinerate character. But I don't think it is any longer worth self casting. With the introduction of damage leech from totems to Chieftain there is no longer any incentive to self cast it. I'll detail it out for you:

1. No spell echo, this means that there is no significant bonus to self casting it.
2. With totem life leech availability, there is no defensive bonus to self casting it, in fact you are penalized with being rooted to self cast it.
3. You'll actually deal more damage with totems because you can drop the LMP/GMP link with the Rain of Splinters jewel. The damage penalties don't even compare from LMP/GMP to rain of splinters, even on a bad roll.
4. It's a lot easier to drop a totem than it is to self cast incinerate. I think my incinerate costs like 38 mana a cast, with about 11 casts per second, or something similar. That is over 400 mana per second, versus dropping two totems which will be under 100 mana.
5. Reflect is not a problem with totems, and with the nerfing of chaos conversion is more of a problem with self cast incinerate (note I don't chaos convert).
Last edited by ghoulavenger on Jun 4, 2016, 5:45:07 AM
Incinerate doesnt need huge buffs to be honest, spell echo being reenabled and having a higher damage effectiveness(so damage gems actually add meaningful amount) would fix most problems. I do like it having a noticable ramp up time, it adds a different flavour to the spell as you design the character around being stationary.

I should admit though my elementalist incinerator is my first proper caster build, so cant rightly say how good it is compared to other casters. Atm i'm doing 55K LMP tooltip on 4L atm at lvl94. Dont really have very expensive gear either (10 ex'ish). Havent tried core yet though rest of the bosses are between managable and easy.
Last edited by Fistaniderya on Jun 15, 2016, 6:59:33 AM
Just buff this spell already..
You dont need to buff it much...
The channeling system change to this overnerfed skill has put yet another nail in its coffin, sadly.

"
Effects which trigger when you use a skill will only trigger when you initially start channelling - regardless of how long you maintain a channelled skill, it's still the same use of the skill. You need to stop channelling if you want to use it again.

I don't know if it is intended behavior, but this behavior seems to apply to crits on this skill as well. Which means that it only rolls its crit chance at the start, meaning builds based around triggering Elemental Overload with Assassin's Mark and Increased Critical Strikes no longer work well with it.

This is really sad as it was a good way to get decent damage out of the skill once again. I wish I had known this would be the case before I got a character all the way up to A4.

Starting to really think I should just roll whatever GGG seems to want to be the current OP skill. Trying to be clever and make things work. Clearly I'm an idiot.
Last edited by XaoG on Sep 4, 2016, 9:41:03 AM
yea, i think it really killed any chance of having a crit incinerate build too. Assasin used to be great for incinerate. YOu never get too high crit, so 10% of non-crit hits giving u a charge would be able to sustain your charges, now with the changes it only counts on first hit. Ffs, i swear GGG only think of meta skills/items everything else can rot.
I have a question about damage calculation for Incinerate. Most build guides I see apply *2.5 to tooltip DPS to estimate stage 3 damage (1 + 0.5 + 0.5 + 0.5 = 2.5).

But Incinerate does 50% MORE for EACH stage. Wouldn't that be: 1.5 * 1.5 * 1.5 (eg. *1.5 multiplier for each stage)?

Thanks in advance!
"
groob3 wrote:
I have a question about damage calculation for Incinerate. Most build guides I see apply *2.5 to tooltip DPS to estimate stage 3 damage (1 + 0.5 + 0.5 + 0.5 = 2.5).

But Incinerate does 50% MORE for EACH stage. Wouldn't that be: 1.5 * 1.5 * 1.5 (eg. *1.5 multiplier for each stage)?
No. There's one more modifier, and it's value is 50% per stage.
Don't know if it has been brought up because it's not a a common mechanic to be used. But with the channelling change incinerate does not give a power charge every time it hits with Romira's Banquet. You can still get the same effect by mashing the button >5 times per second but that will only get you hurt in the end. Is this a intended effect?
hi <3 I stream at twitch.tv/sjatar_
"
Sjatar wrote:
Don't know if it has been brought up because it's not a a common mechanic to be used. But with the channelling change incinerate does not give a power charge every time it hits with Romira's Banquet. You can still get the same effect by mashing the button >5 times per second but that will only get you hurt in the end. Is this a intended effect?

I don't understand why they did this... seriously. Imho it seems like they were just eager to introduce channelling system before channeled spells yet they completely overlooked impact on existing interactions of Incinerate. I guess they thought nobody is using it anymore after that shitstorm treatment it received.

Just in case you still care at least a bit... lets see what you completely screwed with this pathetic change:

It doesn't work with Romira's Bonquet. Rip volls devotion combo for selfcast discharge.
It doesn't work with Elemental Overload. Rip Assassins Mark usage to proc this passive.
It doesn't work with Skyforth+Assassin combo. Rip crit based Incinerate.
It doesn't work with Scold's Bridle. Rip Vaal Molten Shell or Flameblast combo.
It doesn't work with Trickster's Weave the Arcane. Tip this method of sustaining mana.
It can't work with Kitava's Thirst. Rip potentially interesting combo.

and I could go on... but I guess GGG doesn't give a damn s***. We are not supposed to play Incinerate, right? Its not meta anymore and we will have two new chanelled spells, right? Who cares about Incinerate! Who cares that some ppl used these!

Makes me sad. Really sad.
Last edited by Diphal on Sep 30, 2016, 8:48:03 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info