Incinerate

"
Diphal wrote:
"
Sjatar wrote:
Don't know if it has been brought up because it's not a a common mechanic to be used. But with the channelling change incinerate does not give a power charge every time it hits with Romira's Banquet. You can still get the same effect by mashing the button >5 times per second but that will only get you hurt in the end. Is this a intended effect?

I don't understand why they did this... seriously. Imho it seems like they were just eager to introduce channelling system before channeled spells yet they completely overlooked impact on existing interactions of Incinerate. I guess they thought nobody is using it anymore after that shitstorm treatment it received.

Just in case you still care at least a bit... lets see what you completely screwed with this pathetic change:

It doesn't work with Romira's Bonquet. Rip volls devotion combo for selfcast discharge.
It doesn't work with Elemental Overload. Rip Assassins Mark usage to proc this passive.
It doesn't work with Skyforth+Assassin combo. Rip crit based Incinerate.
It doesn't work with Scold's Bridle. Rip Vaal Molten Shell or Flameblast combo.
It doesn't work with Trickster's Weave the Arcane. Tip this method of sustaining mana.
It can't work with Kitava's Thirst. Rip potentially interesting combo.

and I could go on... but I guess GGG doesn't give a damn s***. We are not supposed to play Incinerate, right? Its not meta anymore and we will have two new chanelled spells, right? Who cares about Incinerate! Who cares that some ppl used these!

Makes me sad. Really sad.

What I find funny about this is that if they, at some point down the line, introduce a damage focused channeled skill with no build up or cooldown and normal crit stats... They're going to end up in a situation where they have players breaking the game with it, as people will just keep restarting their skill until it crits against bosses and large packs in order to get a string of 100% crits.

And I'm not speaking entirely out of theory here, either. I'm speaking from experience. Another game I played had this problem with a few of its powers.
Last edited by Exsmigol on Oct 7, 2016, 11:34:09 AM
I don't get why incinerate was even nerfed in 2.1 I get that it was popular (probably uberdan killing uber atziri a ton, but suddenly everyone can kill her with poison builds 12 times faster 1 patch later so I don't get the logic), but I think removing spell echo off of it was more than sufficient.

Currently the only way I see incinerate working atm is with poison, and that's poison being broken not incinerate. Take any fast ticking spell that can do chaos, or phys and suddenly you have a viable candidate for stupid poison stacking.

I'm assuming with the new channeling skill Incinerate is going the way of Ice nova, Ancestral Protector, etc and being used a stepping stone skill not as an actual end game skill which I guess if that's how GGG wants their game to go that's unfortunate because I truly did love my incinerator. Probably the league I played the most.

"
Exsmigol wrote:

A few friends have asked me why I'm not playing any PoE this league, and instead have been playing a ton of Grim Dawn.

This is why. This right here.
I do not know if you at GGG saw my post, but this seems like a fix "Incinerate can now generate more than one charge per channel." :D Will test it as soon as the patch hits!

Now we only need pledge of hands to work with Incinerate again so I can make my MoM peerma IC hierophant :/ Hold onto your dreams everybody!
hi <3 I stream at twitch.tv/sjatar_
Last edited by Sjatar on Oct 17, 2016, 5:16:35 AM
Incinerate + romira's is back to it old state <3 You gain one charge for every hit per projectile. Nice one GGG!
hi <3 I stream at twitch.tv/sjatar_
lol @ pvp video of scorching ray vs incinerate.
lol @ pve video of shaper kill scorching ray vs incinerate.

Well, since someone actually killed shaper with incinerate maybe GGG should nerf it again even though it took 4x longer than scorching ray and consumed 2.5x more mana per sec.
Never underestimate what the mod community can do for PoE if you sell an offline client.
Since Spell Echo nerf over Incinerate players nearly don't use it. This skill should get boost ASAP or restore old Spell Echo status to it.
Patch notes 2.6:
"Spell echo will start working again with incinerate."

Plz GGG. I'll buy a new pack if this happen.
Incinerate doesn't need spell echo, nor should it get spell echo because of the new channeling system -- channeled skills don't repeat so spell echo doesn't make sense. It is in a sad state of its former self though. Especially when you compare it to it's new pal scorching ray.

Scorching ray has a build up similar to incinerate, but you can stop channeling and still build up with scorching ray (because the stacks refresh themselves on new burns) while incinerate has to build up with each channel (so your damage is considerably lower on average). Scorching ray also has the advantage of dealing significantly more damage.

No joke, my build right now is specialized to run two incinerate totems. I put scorching ray on a totem, and it does more damage than both of my incinerate totems combined. Keep in mind I'm built for incinerate, not scorching ray.

Incinerate does have a couple things going for it though, like you can add spread by using multiple projectiles, and you can life leech quite efficiently with it.

If you want to make incinerate better I don't think it needs spell echo but I would propose something like this:

1. Stacks remain for a short duration so it can stutter step, this will make it significantly better as it rounds out the damage. It's also why I swapped to totems, so I can avoid this nonsense entirely. My totems may cool down when no enemies are present BUT they do much better against bosses since I don't have to dodge and cast at the same time. Oddly enough my dps went up on even stage 1 incinerate by using totems instead of self casting. This may be why people want spell echo back, ramps up the damage quicker, so this is really two birds with one stone.

2. Incinerate needs its old damage multipliers back, given that all the new skills are trouncing over everything, incinerate has a very low top end dps.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info