Incinerate

"
ghoulavenger wrote:
1. Stacks remain for a short duration so it can stutter step, this will make it significantly better as it rounds out the damage.

I'd like this to be the following:
You loose one stack every 0.75 seconds while not channeling Incinerate.

"
ghoulavenger wrote:
2. Incinerate needs its old damage multipliers back, given that all the new skills are trouncing over everything, incinerate has a very low top end dps.

i would rather (massively) buff spell's base damage (and maybe even lower the multiplier) to compensate short periods when you're not on full stacks.
Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way.
I have been playing incinerate those last days ( character : RoastinGaijin ) - still on a 3L with [L/G]MP + faster casting in a +2 to socketed fire gem item, soon switching to 5L - and there is one thing that really bothers me about this skill.

Once you start the channeling .... you cannot hover on monsters anymore.
How am I supposed to spot that Volatile rare when I cannot actually see its mod unless I loose my stacks ??
Or is there a trick here ?

Apart from that I am having a good time with this skill so far, but the lack of usability by not hovering on monsters while incinerating is really messed up :/.
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
^
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
"

"
ghoulavenger wrote:
2. Incinerate needs its old damage multipliers back, given that all the new skills are trouncing over everything, incinerate has a very low top end dps.

i would rather (massively) buff spell's base damage (and maybe even lower the multiplier) to compensate short periods when you're not on full stacks.

Except that the damage multiplier is supposed to be an anti-crit mechanic. If you lower or remove the damage multiplier it functions almost explicitly like flame totem, and flame totem crits. I think reducing the damage multiplier goes against the core identity of the skill.
"
Fruz wrote:
How am I supposed to spot that Volatile rare when I cannot actually see its mod unless I loose my stacks ??

Apart from that I am having a good time with this skill so far, but the lack of usability by not hovering on monsters while incinerating is really messed up :/.

I agree, we need free aim to prevent getting namelocked onto something worthless or to make use of additional proj for optimal aiming, but it we need to be able to highlight monster under cursors at the same time without namelocking onto them, sort of like cyclone (honestly though I am still holding lmb with move only to prevent ANY namelock, this habit will be hard to break due to how cancerous namelock was in desync era).
"
biyte wrote:
"
Fruz wrote:

I agree, we need free aim to prevent getting namelocked onto something worthless or to make use of additional proj for optimal aiming, but it we need to be able to highlight monster under cursors at the same time without namelocking onto them, sort of like cyclone (honestly though I am still holding lmb with move only to prevent ANY namelock, this habit will be hard to break due to how cancerous namelock was in desync era).

Bump !

Not urgent, a big bug or anything... But just in pro of a better wording... Could we change:

50% more Damage for each stage

For:

Incinerate has 50% more Damage for each stage

Seems stupid??

Well, I had to guess if it was:

Incinerate has 50% more Damage for each stage
or
Incinerate gives 50% more Damage for each stage

Because you can't tell from the gem description... I didn't know if the bonus to damage is given to the skill or to the character (after testing: only to the skill).

I saw the potential for a CWC build with incinerate... And since this gem description was introduced way before you could use CWC, maybe it slip away to GGG.
Last edited by Visca on May 27, 2017, 2:48:06 PM
"
Visca wrote:
Because you can't tell from the gem description... I didn't know if the bonus to damage is given to the skill or to the character (after testing: only to the skill).

Correct, it's just like the Quality bonus, or Supports, anything else on an active Skill Gem. The Incinerate Gem has a More Damage per stage modifier - the CWC Spells do not. Incinerate functions with stages - the CWC Spells do not. The text description also mentions that staging specifically applies to 'the flames [of Incinerate]'.
Gem descriptions are internally consistent in this manner; one of those things you learn and then it's self-explanatory.
Poor incinerate. I tried to make it work, but it's one of the worst skills in the game. It's damage is fine (final stage is good). But, everything else makes this both the most boring skill and the worst to use.

Suggestions:
-Widen the hit box. I can't tell you the amount of times I think I'm hitting something to find out it's not. Which is related to the next one...
-Allow user to mouse over mobs while channeling!!!
-Range needs to double or maybe give it a searing bond effect hitting those standing near you.

Why would you use incinerate over scorching ray? Reduce incinerate damage or it's casting speed, but please make it exciting or friendly to use. Right now it feels more like trying to take a piss on enemies.
anyone know if 3.0 incinerate will be ok with totem since it required an Hits to go to stage 3 ?
Qc gamer FsF

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info