Incinerate

This spell needs to be nerfed, seriously. You can get TONS of damage for it from passives/gear, you can use (should use..) three dragons with it so you can shock with critical weakness instead of the useless burn. This two things will make your damage ramp up a LOT. Also if you use flame totem with it, that spreads shock stacks... Yeah it has quite a mana cost but thats the only real drawback. Get 100% or more projectile speed for it and you can shoot through the whole fkin screen. It is even very good against single target. If you use it with Doryani's belt you dont even need lifeleech so you can get even more damage. Maybe this spell is limited to certain very good manareg builds but overall NOTHING is so fast AND reliable at the same time. Not even really gear dependent.
Last edited by Foxmulder89 on Aug 10, 2014, 6:00:14 AM
"
Foxmulder89 wrote:
This spell needs to be nerfed, seriously. You can get TONS of damage for it from passives/gear, you can use (should use..) three dragons with it so you can shock with critical weakness instead of the useless burn. This two things will make your damage ramp up a LOT. Also if you use flame totem with it, that spreads shock stacks... Yeah it has quite a mana cost but thats the only real drawback. Get 100% or more projectile speed for it and you can shoot through the whole fkin screen. It is even very good against single target. If you use it with Doryani's belt you dont even need lifeleech so you can get even more damage. Maybe this spell is limited to certain very good manareg builds but overall NOTHING is so fast AND reliable at the same time. Not even really gear dependent.

Exaggeration. It's a mid-tier skill at best. Have you seen how EK scales without investment e.g?

3 dragons effect has also been nerfed now that shock does a flat 50% increase.

Nothing is so fast and reliable at the same time? There are literally at least 10 builds that blow incir out of the water..
"
krilox wrote:
3 dragons effect has also been nerfed now that shock does a flat 50% increase.

Pretty sure it's still three stacks each worth 30%?
With the new tree, freeze incinerate incoming? Or will damage be far too low for added cold to be able to do anything?
IGNs
GroovyBeard
JooJooFromTheWell
"
Allnamestaken wrote:
With the new tree, freeze incinerate incoming? Or will damage be far too low for added cold to be able to do anything?
1) you'd still need to reach third/final stage in power.
2) not sure why something isn't dead by time freeze triggers.
3) thought this skill can't crit, you'd need crit weakness. a non crit won't cut it... specially for reason #2, if already dead = no point.
"
soul4hdwn wrote:
"
Allnamestaken wrote:
1) you'd still need to reach third/final stage in power.
2) not sure why something isn't dead by time freeze triggers.
3) thought this skill can't crit, you'd need crit weakness. a non crit won't cut it... specially for reason #2, if already dead = no point.

Freezelock bosses? If the damage is enough to freeze a boss even for a second, with enough castspeed one should be able to reapply it with 35% chance to freeze.
IGNs
GroovyBeard
JooJooFromTheWell
Last edited by Allnamestaken on Aug 14, 2014, 12:31:28 PM
"
Wooser69 wrote:
Spell echo is a gigantic buff to this skill. I now cast so fast that I can be stunned and cast again before I lose my stacks with no block/stun recovery. Alongside CWDT lightning warp this means going very, very long bouts where I never lose stacks, or even need to do anything other than turn around my flamethrower.

If this skill is in need of a buff at all then having the stacks drop one at a time over a longer period of time would be good. But for now I'm very happy.

The buff is potentially heavily negated by the curse changes that's coming, perma curse is removed and durations are unknown so far.
In game contact @MajorAsshole

Challenge T-Shirt: 4/6 | Full Challenge Totems: 21/27
Herald of ice is going to be a very strong buff to this skill due to it being basically a free added cold support. You guys just keep on giving!
IGN: Asser, AssDelver, Assphobic, AnointedAss, BetrayedByMyAss, CrackedAss, FracturedAss, FulcrumedUpMyAss, ImpaledAss, IncursionOfTheAss, WarForTheAss, UnleashTheAss, ScreamingAsshole, SwampAssKing, Yui
So does anyone have any numbers about how much cast speed we need in order to proceed casting with max stacks after getting stunned? Someone mentioned it being possible and it would greatly influence how to plan the passive tree with regards to practical application, hearth of oak and unwavering stance.

Also am I right to assume its basically impossible to consistently shock with incinerate even using the Three Dragons unique because dealing upwards of 0.5% of max monster hp damage in one hit becomes impossible at least against tanky rares and unique bosses in higher level maps especially considering party scaling?
Party scaling has no effect on status ailments and Stuns. Shock Duration, on the other hand, does help. Guess why Thunderfist is map-only :P

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info