Incinerate

And a higher duration means less chance of not meeting the thresholds for effects to not be ignored.
IGN: Asser, AssDelver, Assphobic, AnointedAss, BetrayedByMyAss, CrackedAss, FracturedAss, FulcrumedUpMyAss, ImpaledAss, IncursionOfTheAss, WarForTheAss, UnleashTheAss, ScreamingAsshole, SwampAssKing, Yui
New skill tree makes me wonder how you see Incinerate being viable against Lightning Thorns in the future without requiring Rumi's...

And in extension to that how Incinerate ever would be viable against Atziri without the block to counter the stationary nature of the spell.

Unless you bring out some amazing uniques for Incinerate builds to go along with this change I'll have to say R.I.P my Incinerate build.

Edit: After seeing the patch notes this makes even less sense, nefs to block on shields and Rumi's as well. I lost around 20% SB from the passive changes alone and these additional changes will put me (probably far) below 30% SB which in turn will make lightning thorns disproportionately dangerous.
In game contact @MajorAsshole

Challenge T-Shirt: 4/6 | Full Challenge Totems: 21/27
Last edited by Redblade on Dec 12, 2014, 2:20:29 AM
Thx for removing all incinerate build diversity except RF Incinerate with stupid 1.3 shit patch.

The most effective build in terms of dmg AND defense got buffed, but all other incinerate builds got completely fucked thats a really good job.

Glad that we now have so much more builds...
Last edited by azraelb on Dec 12, 2014, 12:44:02 PM
Those of you who want to have an incinerate build that can tank atziri's hits check my build out.

So far the drawbacks with incinerate people have mentioned have be eliminated with my build.

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1180846/page/1
I hope this spell is going to get some love in 2.x because of shotgunning is going to be removed from game:

Multiple projectiles emitted at exactly the same time can no longer hit the same target. Their area of effect damage can still overlap, dealing damage to the same target multiple times.
Yes, and the very next sentence reads "Many skills have received balance changes as a result." :/ Gee I wonder.
"
Vipermagi wrote:
Yes, and the very next sentence reads "Many skills have received balance changes as a result." :/ Gee I wonder.

This sounds nice and all but i bet that at the end incinerate will receive a +60% buff and thats all, meaning that the trash clearspeed might actually be higher but without shotgunning the single target sucks.

Because if GGG wants incinerate to remain as strong as it is now for single target they woould have to give a 500% buff which would totally break the skill.

With best regards

vangrandson
forum error
Last edited by vangrandson on Apr 20, 2015, 6:05:26 PM
Last edited by vangrandson on Apr 20, 2015, 6:04:42 PM
"
vangrandson wrote:
Because if GGG wants incinerate to remain as strong as it is now for single target they woould have to give a 500% buff which would totally break the skill.

Considering GMP is at best +150% Damage, no, that wouldn't be necessary.

Without GMP, Incinerate deals 100% Base Damage
GMP grants +5 Projectiles, 500% Base Damage
GMP grants 50% Less Damage, 250% Base Damage

250 - 100 = +150% Base Damage.
A "mere" 60% Buff would hardly completely break one of the most potent Spells.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info