Incinerate

"
Sheriff_K wrote:
This may be a stupid question, but I just want clarification. On the Wiki it says that it fires 6 projectiles. Does that mean that each cast of Incinerate, shoots 6 projectiles in .24 seconds? Meaning you'd be hitting 25 times per second with no Cast Speed, for Cybil's purposes?
that is not what the wiki said. the wiki is trying to explain when the damage boosts happen, and that is every 6 casts.
"
soul4hdwn wrote:
that is not what the wiki said. the wiki is trying to explain when the damage boosts happen, and that is every 6 casts.

Ah, I see. Thanks for clearing that up. ^.^
IGN: Golem_Antsy, Harvest
Hi guys im trying a variant of nyx's build (which might be a variant of countless other incinerate builds)

mine-
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgABAecFLQY5CGcUIBcvGDwZihoyGlUajxvIHNwdFB2qHpQoxSj6KaUtqDWSNug26TrhQYdDMUWdRnFMNU3jTipQR1FgVcZV1lYtWK9eE2BLYSFko2Tnb55wfXTteA15wHqqeu9_xoCkgh6Cx4MJhO-IQojxj0aTJ5M6muCbtZ_LplenCKcwqW6plaw_rFmsf6yvsZC0DLXytkG3PrfWuJO9J8HFwzrDhspKz2XQ0NE22wvbWdxX4Yjjaudj55Hr7u7Z8kXzvvba-ej60vsJ_gr-jw==

Utilising a 6link cloak of defiance + cybils paw + rathpith/stone lazhwar + artic armour + iron reflexes + unwavering stance+ eldritch battery

Essentially im using a 6link cloak of defiance with mana leech gem + cybils paw so while im attacking im filling up 'both' health pots.

Basically with a 6link, with incinerate and mana leech locked in, what are the other best 4 supports??Im getting ALOT of conflicting advice.My current setup is

incinerate-mana leech-faster casting-LMP-faster projectiles-fire penetration and then flammability as main curse, and projectile weakness (for knockback) for those rare hard hitting phys bosses (kole) to keep them out of my face.

But then i read a few other topics where people swear by added chaos/added lightning/added cold/iron will/others??

If someone could just put in plain english why what supports are best, and under what circumstances that would be peachy.(assume 20/20 gems for any considerations u make, i can afford them if someone says '20/20 X gem is best but if you cant afford that then Y gem will be close)

p.s. (i dont have static blows but could easily respec to it if it an essential node if someone recommends added lightning etc, and could obviously source a 20/20 elemental weakness gem if that is called for as well)
"
csjibbs wrote:
Hi guys im trying a variant of nyx's build (which might be a variant of countless other incinerate builds)

mine-
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgABAecFLQY5CGcUIBcvGDwZihoyGlUajxvIHNwdFB2qHpQoxSj6KaUtqDWSNug26TrhQYdDMUWdRnFMNU3jTipQR1FgVcZV1lYtWK9eE2BLYSFko2Tnb55wfXTteA15wHqqeu9_xoCkgh6Cx4MJhO-IQojxj0aTJ5M6muCbtZ_LplenCKcwqW6plaw_rFmsf6yvsZC0DLXytkG3PrfWuJO9J8HFwzrDhspKz2XQ0NE22wvbWdxX4Yjjaudj55Hr7u7Z8kXzvvba-ej60vsJ_gr-jw==

Utilising a 6link cloak of defiance + cybils paw + rathpith/stone lazhwar + artic armour + iron reflexes + unwavering stance+ eldritch battery

Essentially im using a 6link cloak of defiance with mana leech gem + cybils paw so while im attacking im filling up 'both' health pots.

Basically with a 6link, with incinerate and mana leech locked in, what are the other best 4 supports??Im getting ALOT of conflicting advice.My current setup is

incinerate-mana leech-faster casting-LMP-faster projectiles-fire penetration and then flammability as main curse, and projectile weakness (for knockback) for those rare hard hitting phys bosses (kole) to keep them out of my face.

But then i read a few other topics where people swear by added chaos/added lightning/added cold/iron will/others??

If someone could just put in plain english why what supports are best, and under what circumstances that would be peachy.(assume 20/20 gems for any considerations u make, i can afford them if someone says '20/20 X gem is best but if you cant afford that then Y gem will be close)

p.s. (i dont have static blows but could easily respec to it if it an essential node if someone recommends added lightning etc, and could obviously source a 20/20 elemental weakness gem if that is called for as well)

Also very interested in the answer to this ^
Before 1.1.0 please =D
Iron Will if you're doing a str build (200+ str)

Added X Damage if you have a lot of Spell Damage (from passives and/or from Iron Will)

Fire Pen for everything else
Pants of Textile
Last edited by nikals on Mar 5, 2014, 7:43:20 AM
Hi,

I didn't read the whole 63 pages. But I did read all of GGG answers! And didn't see anything about my feedback. So, here we go:

Incinerate shoots although it is out of range. It has something frustrating... Is it on purpose or not?

Second: I have the impression taht although those are projectiles, they are not influenced by the support gem "Fork".

Finally: would incinerate be affected by projectile speed to make the projectiles go further like with etheral knives?

Thank you,

Raoul
"
they are not influenced by the support gem "Fork".

Incinerate pierces by default. Piercing projectiles cannot fork or chain.

"
would incinerate be affected by projectile speed

Yes.
Sorry Exile, but your loot is in another dungeon!
IGN: Delirii
Thank you!

But the fact that it shoots although out of range is a bit annoying...
Just started using Incinerate yesterday, I have one major complain : Target Lock.
Why are we forced into target lock until that target die ?

This is a rather horrible experience. I know you can avoid it by having no target before cast but it not always easy to avoid.
I thought using shift would solve that but it does not.

Please allow shift to disable target lock on incinerate (either at cast or during cast to remove lock, which ever is fine)
I didn't read all of the last 63 pages, but there seemed to be a large confusion concerning the ability of incinerate to shock against higher level enemies and the mechanics of how that works. I currently have a level 81 incinerate witch and I can confirm you will NOT shock by simply using added lightning damage...even with static blows...even with increased lightning damage...even with a curse.

You're going to be linking incinerate to LMP or GMP for any decent build. This substantially reduces your dps per projectile and you need to be doing more than 1% of the targets life in lightning damage (per projectile) to even get a 0.3 second shock (check the wiki). This will never happen against rares or uniques in maps.

The good news is that buying Three Dragons will entirely solve this problem. I now shock virtually everything in every map, including rogue exiles and bosses. I link fire penetration with incinerate and cast flammability or elemental weakness for high resist bosses. The absolute best case scenario is triple shock+fire pen.+flammability+4 stacks+lmp = 75k dps. That's not nearly as great as some others have claimed, but it's certainly not bad...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info