Incinerate

"
Vipermagi wrote:
Point Blank explicitly applies to Attacks. Incinerate is not an Attack.

well the gem does say it is a Fire, Projectile, Spell and point blank says it effects Projectile too. Just thought i would ask instead of wasting points :D
Last edited by grubworm on Dec 10, 2013, 5:24:28 PM
"
AstosMaldova wrote:
I think the real way to stop thorns from owning incinerate builds is to temporarily lower your dps for areas with thorns by linking other support gems.. try trading damage for life leech and life gain on hit and switch any high damage increasing equipment for lesser ones.. This might be the only way to roll through thorn areas.. because increasing the damage just makes the return all the more brutal..

Lightning thorns is per hit based damage, you even take damage from it by self casting a no-damage spell with a dual totem build. This is why it's so harsh on Incinerate users forcing them to get 60%+ spell block.
In game contact @MajorAsshole

Challenge T-Shirt: 4/6 | Full Challenge Totems: 21/27
Last edited by Redblade on Dec 11, 2013, 3:23:39 AM
<<<<Devs PLZ>>>>>>>

let us know if cybils paw*s life on spell hit is affected by dmg effectivness.

thank you
Incinerate should do more dmg. I have over +225% spell dmg, and base DPS is still only about 750. I really enjoy this spell but I am finding out that it is too weak and not worth the downsides of facetanking or killing yourself with thorns/20 stacks of corrupted blood when the clear speed is slow at best.

The Flame Totem seems to do about the same job with out all the risks.
Last edited by Arodian on Dec 16, 2013, 2:27:58 AM
"
karlklaps wrote:

let us know if cybils paw*s life on spell hit is affected by dmg effectivness.

It works like life gain on hit, per unit hit x amount life gain. Does not scale with damage, that would be life leech gem.

Incinerate hits so quickly that with faster projectile and quality on incinerate you can get huge aoe hitting multiple mob.
I've read quite a lot here so thanks to everyone for sharing their knowledge.

Now one thing I'd like clarified:

I cannot use both "added chaos" and "added lightning".
Thus which is better "added chaos" (high flat and chaos dmg) or "Quality added lightning" with "Static blows" nodes.

Thanks in advance!
You can use both, nothing is stopping you. Otherwise, use added chaos.
Flat damage would be better for incinerate, so added chaos. And since it deals low damage per hit, the shock stack duration will be very low. You will probably lose the first one before you hit the second, so it's not worth it.
Last edited by yeopokemon on Dec 22, 2013, 12:46:17 PM
this gem now has 11 (or 12) base mana cost at lvl 20, before it had 7. Now it requires a much bigger mana buffer to cast and can not be supported just by mana leech (20% qual) which makes it almost unusable on 50% and no regen maps.
Due to the high base cost a 6L now needs around 25-28 mana per cast, so BM gem is out of the question too, I barely make even with 300 regen/s and sybil's paw life gain on spell hit, so to actually gain some hp, u need to replace one of the sockets for life lech.

The dmg upgrade is nice, from 2k dps to 2,7k dps after patch (I use added chaos too which also got a buff).

Overall I consider this patch a nerf to this spell.

items shop: 364086
ign: [ICU]missuse
if you like to HLD, add me
inactive in game atm, PM me if you need something.
Shouldn't the mana/s be the same as before?
50% less casts per second
50% more mana per cast

It is a definitely a nerf on all 'on hit' skills or items though as stated.

Edit: seems they actually increased the mana cost by 57%
So basically:
Buff: increased DPS
Nerf: increased mana cost
Nerf: decreased 'on hit' effect
Last edited by gripen on Dec 23, 2013, 10:24:11 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info