Incinerate

"
Berjiz wrote:
Anyone knows how Incinerate is affected by area support gems and nodes? Does it benifit from increase area damage?

Check the tags at the top of the description. There's no AoE tag :)
btw, just a common misconception. Faster Casting does NOT speed up the time it takes to increase the stage. Faster Casting only increases the speed of the individual ticks per second. The stage mechanic is based on time, not ticks, so it doesn't actually speed it up in that way. I've found that using something like Added Chaos Damage gives a lot more DPS than something like Faster Casting.
"
btw, just a common misconception. Faster Casting does NOT speed up the time it takes to increase the stage.
Yes it does.
"
The stage mechanic is based on time, not ticks, so it doesn't actually speed it up in that way.
No. You gain a stage for every six consecutive casts of the skill, regardless of cast time. Increasing case speed will mean each cast takes less time, and you'll reach higher stages faster.
So I just did a 0 mod Promenade map, and knowing that the final boss has lightning thorns I invited a friend over to help me out - and my idea was I would kite the other boss while he does the thorns lady.

She casted the lightning thorns on a random minion and I died in less than 0.4 seconds with 3600 hp + 88 (78+10 from flask) lightning res. RIP nemesis lvl 70 fullblock tank.

While I agree that certain skills should be countered by certain abilities, this is nothing but outrageous. I should at least have time to react (stop casting, move away, use other abilities), and while I do have 150 seconds in Super Hexagon's final level (read: good reaction times) I find this sadly absurd.

Could we at least introduce a ramp-up time vs thorns?
Does all things applied to incinerate apply to voidbears and them being sceptres?

looking at running sceptre-fastercast-faster proj.-GMP

The game does not adapt to you, you adapt to it.
"
I have some questions regarding this gem.

I'm a str based caster (using Iron Will linked) and the following is how I use Incinerate. (I recently bought a 12% Incinerate, will use that once it gets higher level)

I'm level 50 with only 400 mana (since Im on Nemesis I take surv. as prio), using Reduced mana for Clarity - which leaves me with 227 mana to spend.

As you can imagine, I run into mana issues. Mana leech seems to have absolutely no impact, I assume since the actual damage (13-21) is nothing when you are leeching only 2.8%.

What can I do for my mana issues? I used to run Fire Pen instead of Iron Will, but there's no way I can keep that up.

Your problem is not really the mana leeching but the fact that mana leech has a maximum regen rate just like life leech. You can't regen more than 12.5% of your max mana a second (50/sec).

Using incinerate on my Scion, I have 280 mana/sec to adequately sustain incinerate (19 mana at .08 cast speed) and near max level arctic armor.
"
So I just did a 0 mod Promenade map, and knowing that the final boss has lightning thorns I invited a friend over to help me out - and my idea was I would kite the other boss while he does the thorns lady.

She casted the lightning thorns on a random minion and I died in less than 0.4 seconds with 3600 hp + 88 (78+10 from flask) lightning res. RIP nemesis lvl 70 fullblock tank.

While I agree that certain skills should be countered by certain abilities, this is nothing but outrageous. I should at least have time to react (stop casting, move away, use other abilities), and while I do have 150 seconds in Super Hexagon's final level (read: good reaction times) I find this sadly absurd.

Could we at least introduce a ramp-up time vs thorns?

We can only hope this will get fixed...my hope is lightning thorns gets changed into a short degeneration debuff rather than an initial shock.

Right now, I'm working on being able to sustain against this but I'm level 77 and it still tears me up doing level 64 barracks with 78% lightning resist, anvil, cybil's, 45% spell block, and CODT linked to enfeeble. Eventual build will be 70% spell block so maybe I'll have a chance by then.
I've got a question about Incinerate + lmp or gmp.

When you use lmp or gmp, is it possible to hit 1 mob with all the projectiles or will it only be affected by one of them?

EDIT: Already got the answer from Mark. Thanks again.
Last edited by Vandenreich on Nov 10, 2013, 5:36:51 PM
does Incinerate do burning damage? Wondering if increased burn damage or burn duration on the passive tree would make sense.

I'd assume it does but oddly enough the wiki does not mention it and even under burning damage it doesn't list it.

So, this doesn't ignite?

unless you cast flammability or have certain uniques right?

thanks

Oh, also, can incinerate be evaded? Would Resolute Technique be useful then since it doesn't crit anyhow?
Pacific (GMT -8) Time
Last edited by Madcow1120 on Nov 11, 2013, 1:24:43 PM
The description explicitly says it deals Fire Damage. If Incinerate was Burning Damage, it would say it dealt Burning Damage, and would list Damage over Time (because that's what Burning damage is; Fire Damage over Time).

Incinerate does not naturally Crit, which is the only way to Ignite by default. If you want to Ignite, you need Chance to Ignite or the Crit Weakness Curse.

Incinerate is a Spell. It works like every other Spell and cannot be Evaded.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info