Incinerate

I think, damage effectiveness of skill should also affect plain reflected damage (like lightning thorns), so 20% damage-effectiveness Incinerate will take only 20% of usual plain reflected damage per hit from lightning thorns.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
"
MortalKombat3 wrote:
I think, damage effectiveness of skill should also affect plain reflected damage (like lightning thorns), so 20% damage-effectiveness Incinerate will take only 20% of usual plain reflected damage per hit from lightning thorns.

That's a really sensible suggestion, and would balance stuff better, IMO.

Personally I think LGoH and flat reflect should be affected by all 'more' or 'less' multipliers a skill has.
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
The whole "reflect damage" thing is just wacked!!! But that is a discussion for another forum. Good on all those tanks who stand in there using this skill...I think you are nuts, but good on you.
As a dual totem incinerator Reflect damage is moot to me --- sure my totem dies, but then I know to toss a couple Fire Traps to take out the Lightning Thorn caster. Then I raise them as my spectre and now even my totems are protected by Thorns. Nice to turn the tables on them with that stupid skill.

One of my personal favorites in the spectre options --- they protect cast thorns on all my minions and totems, they seem to have a better AI at staying out of the way so they live longer, and they keep up.

It would be nice if the tooltip showed the actual damage of each stage as it looks pathetic when I look at (with a GMP gem it looks atrocious). But then if everyone knew how powerful it was we would have a new FoM.

Mmmmmmm GMP Incinerate and Frost Wall combo.
I have been using this skill in Pyramid and realised why it seems so awkward.If your up against a wall and are facing less that 40-45 degrees away from the wall it won't send out flames.Makes it quite hard in narrow passages etc.If your in a corner it's impossible to sweep over enemies as the flame will keep stopping till your facing diagonally from the corner,actually it won't cast at all if you rotate too fast.
Last edited by Kavlor on Aug 28, 2013, 3:30:11 PM
Love Incinerate <3

Incinerate synchs very well with any support on hit

Incinerate + Chance to Flee + Knockback + Blind + Lesser/Greater Multiple Projectiles = Awesome :D

Most monsters will be perma blinded, feared, knockbacked by the barrage of hits caused by Incinerate it's just so sweet.

Very fun skill combo to play with great vs any melee monsters
Weaker vs Ranged but just imagine some builds could counter that with Ondar's Gule (double evade vs projectiles)

One of the builds I was testing with pretty much focuses on reduced mana cost and high mana regen so mana cost is not an issue.
"
Valley wrote:
Love Incinerate <3

Incinerate synchs very well with any support on hit

Incinerate + Chance to Flee + Knockback + Blind + Lesser/Greater Multiple Projectiles = Awesome :D

Most monsters will be perma blinded, feared, knockbacked by the barrage of hits caused by Incinerate it's just so sweet.

Very fun skill combo to play with great vs any melee monsters
Weaker vs Ranged but just imagine some builds could counter that with Ondar's Gule (double evade vs projectiles)

One of the builds I was testing with pretty much focuses on reduced mana cost and high mana regen so mana cost is not an issue.

Why dont use Flame totem for that?
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
Because Incinerate also deals damage.
(also, easier to pick what to Blind/Knocklock by casting yourself as opposed to using a Totem)
(but that's just me)
Last edited by Vipermagi on Aug 31, 2013, 7:52:55 AM
I'm still loving my incinerate character, I'll love it even more once I get ahold of cybils paw. However, as others have said, lightning thorns means I just plain can't use the skill. So far I've not even bothered fighting in areas with arcmages, just ran to waypoints and whatnot.

Lightning thorns needs to have its damage reduced by the damage effectiveness of the skill triggering it. Until then incinerate will always have a really unnecessary hard counter.
IGN: Asser, AssDelver, Assphobic, AnointedAss, BetrayedByMyAss, CrackedAss, FracturedAss, FulcrumedUpMyAss, ImpaledAss, IncursionOfTheAss, WarForTheAss, UnleashTheAss, ScreamingAsshole, SwampAssKing, Yui
The range is small.
I have struggled for a way to make this skill work endgame, but Cybil's paw finally makes it work.

I am disappointed by the reduction in life on hit (it only gives one hp instead of 8), but when you are very fast casting it really adds up. Currently I have a bit over 14 casts/second with LMP which means a direct tank is good for as much 52 health/second for each mob hit.

I will post a full buildout soon, but I can at least get a good 45-60k dps with it on a rather tanky build.

Without cybal, couldn't make it with, amazing.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info