Incinerate

"
dmarsh wrote:
Ok, GGG I have thoroughly tested your skill Incinerate. I built my level 90 character just for this skill and respec'ed my passives like 10 time to get this skill at its maximum. So far i am Low Life/Righteous Fire i have 5200 tool tip DPS with Greater Multiple Projectiles and have 0.06 Cast Time or 15.15 Casts Per Second, honestly dont know how to figure out the DPS for different stages. Anyhow i do massive DPS ***BUT IT TAKES TOLONG FOR THE STAGES AND FREEZING PULSE MAGE'S SWOOP IN AND TWO SHOT THE MOBS WITH CRITS JUST AS I GET INTO MY FINAL STAGE***
Also another thing i have noticed is since the skill does not crit it can not penetrate fire resistance, hell even with a Quality Elemental Weakness debuff it still struggles on fire resistant mobs. All i know is this skill does need *Fixed* to get it on par with other skills for more burst DPS, In my honest opinion i think it needs crit chance. But fuck me thats another 2 exalted worth regrets i got to buy lol. Got an Amazing Idea for the gem too, make it so level 18-20 the gem gain 4% Crit Chance BUT HEAR ME OUT Make level 18 only usable by level 80, 19 by level 85, 20 by level 90, Your level 1-17 gem level could have like 1% Crit Chance, This would make the Skill usable in real ENDGAME.

***GGG PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CONTACT ME***

I want to add this, i have also tried this skill with burning damage BUT it can not do much because the skill don't do much fire damage per cast. I Have tried Everything OR i am just fully blind and missing something. My problem can not be cast speed because even if i add 35% more cast speed i only go to 0.05 cast time. HELP ME WTF LOL
iMarshZombie
KritKing
iMarshArcher
(in-game names)
"
dmarsh wrote:
"
dmarsh wrote:
Ok, GGG I have thoroughly tested your skill Incinerate. I built my level 90 character just for this skill and respec'ed my passives like 10 time to get this skill at its maximum. So far i am Low Life/Righteous Fire i have 5200 tool tip DPS with Greater Multiple Projectiles and have 0.06 Cast Time or 15.15 Casts Per Second, honestly dont know how to figure out the DPS for different stages. Anyhow i do massive DPS ***BUT IT TAKES TOLONG FOR THE STAGES AND FREEZING PULSE MAGE'S SWOOP IN AND TWO SHOT THE MOBS WITH CRITS JUST AS I GET INTO MY FINAL STAGE***
Also another thing i have noticed is since the skill does not crit it can not penetrate fire resistance, hell even with a Quality Elemental Weakness debuff it still struggles on fire resistant mobs. All i know is this skill does need *Fixed* to get it on par with other skills for more burst DPS, In my honest opinion i think it needs crit chance. But fuck me thats another 2 exalted worth regrets i got to buy lol. Got an Amazing Idea for the gem too, make it so level 18-20 the gem gain 4% Crit Chance BUT HEAR ME OUT Make level 18 only usable by level 80, 19 by level 85, 20 by level 90, Your level 1-17 gem level could have like 1% Crit Chance, This would make the Skill usable in real ENDGAME.

***GGG PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CONTACT ME***

I want to add this, i have also tried this skill with burning damage BUT it can not do much because the skill don't do much fire damage per cast. I Have tried Everything OR i am just fully blind and missing something. My problem can not be cast speed because even if i add 35% more cast speed i only go to 0.05 cast time. HELP ME WTF LOL

Just thought of a better idea on how to make the stages amazing, all you have to do is add a small buff for each stage that lasts say 5 seconds or less. Once you have achieved that buff your incinerate will stay in that stage until the buff expires or until you kill mob just like how Blood Rage works although with these buffs you can not increase the duration. Just a thought please contact me so we can talk about this.
iMarshZombie
KritKing
iMarshArcher
(in-game names)
So i've been trying to get around lightning thorns and there are 3 ways that I will play around with that will hopefully solve it.

1 thing that holds true for all scenarioes would be max spellblock

#1 topaz + 75% spellblock + high liferegen

#2 topaz + 75% spellblock + anvil

#3 topaz + 75% spellblock + high armour + Aegis Aurora

I don't think lightning thors is an unbeatable foe with incinerate we just have to be a little bit creative. I'll post more has I test.
twitch.tv/nugiyen (Live almost everyday from 15.00 +1 GMT)
follow @nugiyen on twitter
www.youtube.com/nugiyen
is there an official GGG post that mentions wich support gems and skill tree nodes works with incinerate, im reading alot of different and ontradicting posts on this.

i've just finished lvling the 16 % Q i had found and i wanted to use it. But im not sure if im gonna spend 30 regrets for nodes that dont work with its game mechanic

Does adding fire damage from the nodes works?

Does increased buring damage both from nodes and support gems works?

Is there any point in adding the support gems added chaos damage and others like it if its effectiveness is realy reduced to 20 % ?

Also, can the samage from incinerate be used by that new unique and be transformed into chaos?

Does incinerate proc elemantal equilibirum? (Rithous fire does not and incinerate seems to kill mobs the same way)
I hate the lab

SET FREE THE ASCENDANCY POINTS https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1609216
Last edited by Xanin on Jul 26, 2013, 9:14:49 AM
I think the problem with this skill is that against (unique) bosses you can't afford to just sit and get hit long enough to maximize your stages. And then against basic mobs you'll do too much damage in a few seconds for the stages to matter because they will be dead already. Then again, I'm sure that many people have mentioned this, but that is my thought with the skill.
@Moylin (Beyond)
Last edited by Avelice on Jul 28, 2013, 3:08:53 AM
can anyone tell me the numerical change in incinerate?
It looks like we have:

1) 80% more damage per stage -> Increased to 100% more damage per stage
---11.1% damage increase in first stage, 15.3% damage increase second stage, 17.6% damage increase in final stage.
2) 6 casts of incinerate per stage -> Decreased to 5 casts of incinerate per stage
---16.6% faster stage ramping time.
3) 9 mana per cast (level 20 gem) -> Reduced to 7 mana per cast (level 20 gem).
---This is a 22.2% mana cost reduction of the skill at max rank.
---Correspondingly, gems between those levels have had mana costs reduced as well.

Overall, pretty nice changes.
@Moylin (Beyond)
Last edited by Avelice on Jul 31, 2013, 7:19:14 PM
"
Cyony wrote:
can anyone tell me the numerical change in incinerate?

I was just trying to figure that my self as I have a lvl 68 incinerate which I simply dropped as soon as started mapping and realized there was no way to kill map bosses because you either dont do enough dmg or get pummeled to death having to stand there to attack, dont do enough dmg in groups period, and dont do enough dmg to life regen mobs solo even on stage 4.

I believe it was raised 20% dmg each stage but cant figure out the mana cost or how much quicker it hits stage 4. Have to spend a lot of chroms to try it get sockets again so debating whether it is worth it or not.
"
Avelice wrote:
It looks like we have:

2) 6 casts of incinerate per stage -> Decreased to 5 casts of incinerate per stage
3) 9 mana per cast (level 20 gem) -> Reduced to 7 mana per cast (level 20 gem). This is a 22.2% mana cost reduction of the skill at max rank. Correspondingly, gems between those levels have had mana costs reduced as well.

thx a lot
"
Avelice wrote:
It looks like we have:

---11.1% damage increase in first stage, 15.3% damage increase second stage, 17.6% damage increase in final stage.
---16.6% faster stage ramping time.
3) 9 mana per cast (level 20 gem) -> Reduced to 7 mana per cast (level 20 gem).
---This is a 22.2% mana cost reduction of the skill at max rank.
---Correspondingly, gems between those levels have had mana costs reduced as well.

Overall, pretty nice changes.

cheers.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info