[3.9][HC/SC] Soulrend Trickster - Fast mapper with great defenses (League starter/All content)

"
Snoukz wrote:
Thanks for your help here!
Swapped to swift affliction, ingame sheet dps went from 198k to 244k (19/0 gem).

What do you think of a crafted bow? I've seen people with level 29 soulrend...

There was some analysis here:
https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/b8l6y4/lvl_33_spell_damage_vs_lvl_21/
Basically, going past gem level 30 is still good but is less effective if you were to push to 33. You remove some of the things you can get on wands or a shield but you also get a quiver.

"
obliviousBC wrote:
Eh, imo it's not that clear-cut, at least for the actually important fights where you can't facetank the boss. Swift Affliction also reduces skill effect duration. In my case it's 0.06s less duration (0.74s to 0.68s), which is actually a bigger DPS loss (assuming one Soulrend cast per second).

Of course it's going to be gear and playstyle dependent.

How are you calculating your DPS loss? POB Shaper DPS * Duration as the damage within each second if you only cast once per second.

Based on that, I do 8k less Shaper DPS. 5ex for 8k more Shaper DPS, that currency is definitely better spent elsewhere.
Should I get Kintsugi or Zodiac Leather?
"
Jolo0213 wrote:
How are you calculating your DPS loss? POB Shaper DPS * Duration as the damage within each second if you only cast once per second.

Based on that, I do 8k less Shaper DPS. 5ex for 8k more Shaper DPS, that currency is definitely better spent elsewhere.

Yeah, like that. I think it was somewhere around 20k for me, so not totally insignificant, but definitely only relevant if you're trying to min-max everything.
For a red support in belly of the beast, anything besides empower would be useful? I don't think I'll ever get it to level 2 lol
"
nicblue wrote:
For a red support in belly of the beast, anything besides empower would be useful? I don't think I'll ever get it to level 2 lol

No idea for a red support, but you can speed up leveling Empower by using Gemcutter's Prisms to get it to +20% quality. At +20% it'll gain double the experience, so that cuts down leveling time a lot.

In addition, if you put Tora in the Research division of the Syndicate, she will give you a crafting bench to add XP to a gem in the safehouse. At rank 3, it adds 200M XP and if Tora is captain of the division, you get 2 of those benches.

And the best part: This XP boost is also multiplied by the quality bonus. So a rank 3 Tora as division leader gives a total of 800M XP to a 20% quality Empower. That's most of the way from level 2 to level 3.
"
Pepit0 wrote:
Which point do we need to sacrifice in order to take Dark Arts when you go dual wands ?

I am also interested in this. Running a dual wand setup withe MoM and EB via diadem and 3 auras.
Which nodes needs to be sacrificed to get the best out of the passive tree ?

"
jbmcarth wrote:
With the aura nodes, zealotry is 21.3% more dmg, and frequent consecrated ground (6% life regen). Clarity level 1 fits as long as you have a tiny bit of mana and an open socket, and it lets you run a damage taken from mana before life watcher's eye, which are cheap. So instead of a 70/30 life/ES, I'm taking damage at a 61/39 ratio. That's about at 15% effective life boost against all incoming damage so long as I have the ES to keep it up.

Could you please explain how this mechanic works ?

Thanks in advance
Last edited by NQDrizzt on Apr 3, 2019, 8:17:01 AM
MoM gives 30% mana (ES with EB) taken before life. Watcher's Eye can roll up to a 10% additional mana (ES) taken before life when you run clarity. lvl 1 clarity uses up hardly any mana cap, so as long as you have ~2-3% unreserved you can run it.

I took all 3 aura clusters instead of Spiritual Aid and 2 life clusters. I'm getting 42% improved aura effects from those clusters, which enhanced malevolence, zealotry, and other auras. In addition to those two, because I have 30% reduced mana reservation from tree, I can run haste (or grace), discipline, and lvl 1 clarity. I lost 40% maximum life from the 2 life clusters I dropped, bringing me to ~165% or so. Taking them back would improve my life 305/265= 15.1%, but improving my MoM effect by 9% with clarity Watchers gives 70/61= 14.8% effective health, basically canceling it out.

https://poeplanner.com/ABAAAQ4AECYAAHuw2KLZyBT1b2qMFr8mlWHiVUuMNrTRyAx2grVIBuekBZhTXfIOSLcw6FomiBGWBx6VLvDVSVGP-lxAh8unm3WezxXsGHC72RMvb05tpcScMn_Gkye-iqEvSbG5b2wLIvRtGQj0akO86iycES18g-vuhTKa4EWdU1Ic3I8apwidrsTOu90Z2K8YGmw26SSqFm_javrSFy8ksICkVdZk5zLRRUfAZgSzogDwH2jyj0aboRhqeC985VgH99dSr61KZ_ysmDpYVcaD2w-rJIvDOong5liTH0kTGYr7CfbaGo8i6jIBshnPejOj2js8tqOj-aRw1EyDdIEBoS8OAhkBAAABAQEAAAAAAAAAAAAA

With the tree I propose we pick up 373% increased dmg with a few nearby 12%+ dmg nodes (1 18%) that can be taken. When you account for other sources of dmg increase, mainly wand but also potentially amulet and prob some other slots, we're easily in the 500%+ increased dmg range (more like 600% if you're using spell dmg base instead of synthesized implicit NACDOTM). From 500% increased dmg, another 79% from Spiritual Aid is about 11% more dmg. I'm getting more dps from improving malevolence and zealotry, and even more if you count being able to run a 42% improved lvl 21 haste. It's possible to run haste or grace without 2 of the aura clusters I took, but without significant gear improvements or taking lots of ES nodes, I'd need to take discipline instead of grace/haste. Taking all the aura clusters lets me run both.

All of this dropped my dps slightly and left my effective health flat, but I don't have a multimod wand yet. All that extra increased dmg (not the main mods on the wand, but still important) should put my version over the top in terms of damage, because it effectively diminishes the returns of additional increased dmg nodes from the tree.
Last edited by jbmcarth on Apr 3, 2019, 1:26:26 PM
Can someone tell me, whats the main reason for using queen of the forest on the CI build?
IGN: hyrenfreak
Updated my gear, Probably finall i dont know.

1m 113k ddps (Numbers from PoB)
700k ddps (In game HO tooltip)
662k ddps (shaper PoB numbers)

Still only 5k hp + 1,3k es. But like i said before, Who cares? For me that's more than enough.

So i probably went all in already with my items, as always there can be some tweaks here and there.

Spoiler
Wands:

Chest:

3B(Soulrend, Controlled Destruction, Efficacy) 2G(Void Manipulation, Swift Affliction) 1R(Empower lv4)

Helmet:

(Ignore socketed Enlighten, with my current tree i dont need it)

Gloves:

easy way to curse enemies

Boots:

With this boots im getting 1k+ more Evasion rating than with atziri's step because of synergy with The Perfect Form chest, that gives extra Evasion rating for Uncapped cold resistances

Belt:

Rings:

Amulet:

Flasks:
Last edited by wakama on Apr 3, 2019, 5:52:29 PM
"
hyrenfreak wrote:
Can someone tell me, whats the main reason for using queen of the forest on the CI build?

Moovement speed maybe

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info