[3.9][HC/SC] Soulrend Trickster - Fast mapper with great defenses (League starter/All content)

"
MCRide wrote:
Is there another green gem I could swap GMP for to increase single target dps? I am already using Swift Affliction and Controlled Destruction since I am not using Empower.

Just try to get Vorici to turn some sockets white so you can swap in Empower for more single target. I don't believe there are any other green supports that would make a meaningful difference there.
Last edited by Jolo0213 on Mar 28, 2019, 3:49:54 PM
"
Jolo0213 wrote:

Just try to get Vorici to turn some sockets white so you can swap in Empower for more single target. I don't believe there are any other green supports that would make a meaningful difference there.
Thanks, I'll give that a shot.

Also, just got my first Elder kill of the league with this build! It was a tier 15 Elder. The fight went really smoothly, didn't die at all. Didn't take a whole lot of damage, really, maybe used my life flask 4-5 times total.

Edit: also, a question: could it be worth using a Watcher's Eye with "Gain Arcane Surge for 4 seconds when you create Consecrated Ground while affected by Zealotry"? I might be doing something wrong, but if I put a level 20 Arcane Surge as a 7th link to my chest in Path of Building (idk how else to activate Arcane Surge in PoB) it shows an increase of around 50% DPS, which is massive, or around 25% with a level 1 Arcane Surge, which is still pretty huge. Would the Watcher's Eye mod actually work in that way, assuming I was able to keep it up all the time?
Last edited by MCRide on Mar 28, 2019, 5:47:40 PM
"
MCRide wrote:
"
Jolo0213 wrote:

Thanks, I'll give that a shot.

Also, just got my first Elder kill of the league with this build! It was a tier 15 Elder. The fight went really smoothly, didn't die at all. Didn't take a whole lot of damage, really, maybe used my life flask 4-5 times total.

Edit: also, a question: could it be worth using a Watcher's Eye with "Gain Arcane Surge for 4 seconds when you create Consecrated Ground while affected by Zealotry"? I might be doing something wrong, but if I put a level 20 Arcane Surge as a 7th link to my chest in Path of Building (idk how else to activate Arcane Surge in PoB) it shows an increase of around 50% DPS, which is massive, or around 25% with a level 1 Arcane Surge, which is still pretty huge. Would the Watcher's Eye mod actually work in that way, assuming I was able to keep it up all the time?

Yes arcane surge is very good, you could also try to get it on a weapon crafted (^0% to gain arcane surge after kill) or on a a ring as a synthesized implicit
Has anyone tried to use "Soul Thief", that node has evasion/ES/ES leech. it looks pretty awesome! THank you!
Why we mustr have a 1500 evasion armor ? 1450 not enought ? or i can pick any armor a iwant :) ?

still lvl 41 but trying to plan ahead

thx a lot
"
michaud808 wrote:
Why we mustr have a 1500 evasion armor ? 1450 not enought ? or i can pick any armor a iwant :) ?

thx a lot

anything you want but you want as much evasion as possible because more evasion = more energy shield.
"
Silvragon wrote:
Has anyone tried to use "Soul Thief", that node has evasion/ES/ES leech. it looks pretty awesome! THank you!

It's suggested in the build trees I believe and it's a good node to take. The ES leech doesn't do much because we only leech from the spell hit and not the dot. Since we scale the DOT and not primarily the initial hit, we don't get too much ES from it. It's good regardless though so for sure take the node.
Last edited by Jolo0213 on Mar 28, 2019, 11:25:37 PM
"
michaud808 wrote:

thx a lot
The reason we use a high evasion chest is because of the Ascendancy node "Escape Artist", which gives us +1 maximum Energy Shield per 6 Evasion Ration on Body Armor. It's the same reason we want a high ES helm, it gives 5 evasion per ES on helm. Fortunately, there are some really good Evasion chests for this build like Kintsugi, The Perfect Form or Queen of the Forest, and then The Devouring Diadem is amazing for the helmet.

On a different note, is there any possible way to pump a small amount of Life Leech into this build? I know there are "chaos damage leeched as life" mods on rings/amulets, but that only seems to leech off the initial hit rather than the DoT of our spells which is pretty weak. Is it just not possible to leech from DoT? Longer boss fights can feel a little rough, once you run out of life flask charges you are in a pretty bad spot.
Last edited by MCRide on Mar 29, 2019, 12:24:42 AM
Based my build on #2 for a while. White/Yellow/Red Elder down using Skin of the Loyal & two shit wands. Just managed to finish crafting my bow & killed shaper, this is my current setup going into Uber Elder soon:

Spoiler

Thinking about getting perfect form instead of kintsugi for Phase Acrobatics, don't really care much for QotF's movespeed.

Edit: Dumped on Uber Atziri
Last edited by Zykor on Mar 29, 2019, 6:28:31 AM
Hello,

Im still a PoE noob so please forgive my ignorant question. Im playing Elementalist WOrb - is this build much tankier? My WOrb can clear anything fast, has 6k HP, Immortal Call, leech, dodge etc., but my lvl 95 progression keeps getting reset because of deaths (Hydra one-shot me, Delve boss at 211 one-shot me).

Thank you

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info