[3.9][HC/SC] Soulrend Trickster - Fast mapper with great defenses (League starter/All content)

How good is using "Trigger socketed spells when you use a skill" on a wand, to put Essence Drain on? Will it substantially help with life sustain and single target DPS? Looking to tackle the T16 Guardians soon, as well as Shaper and Uber. Only fought Hydra at the moment, but I find the DPS pretty lacking even with a 6 link. Hoping auto cast EDs will solve this.
Could you do something else with the Expensive version soulrend?
I mean the Qotf is nice,but if you wanted to get the shavrone,would it be a bit better?
To reserve some life with some auras?
And also keep a point to your self :D
Ok thanks for those tips. As soon as I can grab those gems I’ll make the suggested changes.

It’s hard being a noob and having to learn on the fly. I know how it goes though. All the beginning leveling short term stuff gets glossed over as everyone is more interested in the long term skills and gear.
Couple of upgrades/adjustments I have made:
Spoiler

Been trying out Queen of the Forest, and it feels great. With Jade/Stibnite/Quicksilver flasks up + Phase Run I get up to about 175 movement speed, which really increases the clearspeed of this already strong build. I am still holding on to The Perfect Form, in case this game ever decides to drop T15/16 maps for me (somehow I still have not gotten any. Map drops have been rough this league for me.) I've also picked up a few pieces with more Non-ailment chaos damage over time multiplier, which has increased my dps by quite a bit. I want to go for the multimod wand soon, but I still have not gotten the chaos skill duration mod from veiled items, or the rank 3 chaos damage mod from Temple of Atzoatl. As soon as I get those I will probably start working on the wand.

Side note, this build is really nice for delving. I swap out to this gear:
Spoiler
and switch from Zealotry to Haste, as well as using Vaal Haste with my flasks. This gets me up to around 240 MS with everything up, still having very solid defenses and damage. Could potentially get more MS with some other items or stacking more evasion gear or MS nodes, but 240 feels comfortable for me. With Phase Run, going between nodes and darkness diving is a breeze.
Last edited by MCRide on Mar 27, 2019, 2:50:43 PM
"
victorlee wrote:
How good is using "Trigger socketed spells when you use a skill" on a wand, to put Essence Drain on? Will it substantially help with life sustain and single target DPS? Looking to tackle the T16 Guardians soon, as well as Shaper and Uber. Only fought Hydra at the moment, but I find the DPS pretty lacking even with a 6 link. Hoping auto cast EDs will solve this.

It's not a bad option, and if you have the links, the extra DPS doesn't hurt. Links would be ED, Efficacy, VM. In terms of sustain I'm not sure.

T16 Elder Guardians were super easy with my current setup, and Shaper Guardians are alright too as long as the map mods aren't insane. It's not a facetank build so keep that in mind, but you'll be able to drop DOTs and dodge boss mechanics. Shaper and Uber Elder are very mechanical fights and while I'm still learning Uber Elder, Shaper was also not a problem.
I just killed Uber Elder with this build for the first time!! :)

Took some tries to learn the fight, but after three sets I finally made it :)

This is my gear at lvl 94. Eldritch Battery - MoM version, dual-wielding wands.

Really fun and and even "tanky" build. Thanks again OP

PS: I still looking for the veiled mod: Arcane Surge on hit... to put it on my wand.
"
victorlee wrote:

I'm currently running ED on a 3L (Efficacy, Controlled Destruction) in a "Trigger socketed spells" Wand and it's definitely a nice boost to survivability and DPS. With full Wither stacks my Essence Drain DPS is around ~170k (~850 Life regeneration) and with a duration of ~7 seconds you don't have to pay that much attention to keep it up pretty much all of the time.
What build should a new player be following? I'm guessing the pure MoM build? Also, is there a more up to date guide for new players?

That Essence Drain League start SSF speedrun guide seems to be outdated or something, because at the start it shows you getting a Fire Trap thing as a reward and that isn't even offered. It's confusing the heck out of me and have no clue what to do.
Last edited by mrwald0 on Mar 27, 2019, 6:14:15 PM
Would going ghost dance/escape artist be a good choice for SSF HC? I'm not sure what to pick.

Hi Everyone,

I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice on which piece I should focus on upgrading first, and what my general passive tree/goals should be. I've been able to clear T8ish maps quite reliably so far, and a few T10-11s at a bit slower pace and some deaths here or there. This build/thread has really inspired me to stick with this character and to finally bring down the Shaper, and I've been enjoying every moment playing it so far.

I have about ~40c in currency so far, and based on the awesome information in this thread it seems like my biggest upgrades in order would be non-ailment%, spell damage, chaos damage wand - > 6L chest -> Devouring Diadem.

What I'm unsure about is - when should I be switching over to the full MoM/ES version? (started with the Life MoM guide)

Should I be saving up for a 6L, or a crafted wand/dagger, or the Diadem? (they seem to be 50+ chaos, the 1500+ evasion unique 6L chest pieces are anywhere from 1-5ex) or are there smaller, worthwhile upgrades to make?

Are there any key fundamental upgrades outside of items I'm missing out on that would give me a power spike?

This post has been incredible and I've learned a ton about the game and this build from these posts. I appreciate the time all of you put in to replying here.

Thanks,

Lan
Last edited by lanathadar on Mar 27, 2019, 9:26:13 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info