[3.9][HC/SC] Soulrend Trickster - Fast mapper with great defenses (League starter/All content)

I just swapped over to Eldritch Battery, using Diadem and Perfect Form. Here is the gear I ended up with:
Spoiler

Haven't really tested it much yet, but the stats look ok to me. Sitting at 5k Life and 2.5k ES. My damage seems to have taken a hit from switching out of Swift Killer. I kind of went between Fluxje's and Jolo's build for my tree, mixed with the one in the OP post- I'm sure there are adjustments I can make to it but I've been working at this for a few hours and my head feels a bit cluttered right now lol. Anyone have recommendations based on my gear or skill tree that I could improve upon?

Quick edit: ok, I just tried out a T12 map just to test things out, and this build feels crazy. It feels like I just never take damage, I just evade everything. I think I saw my Life bar go down like, once. Pretty insane, excited to keep testing it out(and hopefully I can boost my damage more, it's good now but I want it to be huge).
Last edited by MCRide on Mar 26, 2019, 7:13:25 PM
Does anyone know when a level by level breakout of the damage soulrend does beyond level 20 will become available? Currently it just shows mana cost past level 20. Essence drain shows the hit damage and DOT damage for each added level (for instance going from level 20-30 almost triples total damage). Is this community mined or does GGG provide it? Only my second league so I'm still getting in the swing of things. Still think massively increasing the level through +level sockets and empower should scale similarly to doing the same on ED and really help this build against top end game content speed-wise.
Instead of doing malevolence + grace + zealotry, would it be beneficial to switch to malevolence + 3 purity ?

We would lose grace (on my pob it's 15 % evade chance) but we would get 80% all res + the benefit of running all purity which free up quite a lot of res on gear.

Although still hesitating between a bow or staying with wand.
"
MCRide wrote:
I just swapped over to Eldritch Battery, using Diadem and Perfect Form. Here is the gear I ended up with:

Haven't really tested it much yet, but the stats look ok to me. Sitting at 5k Life and 2.5k ES. My damage seems to have taken a hit from switching out of Swift Killer. I kind of went between Fluxje's and Jolo's build for my tree, mixed with the one in the OP post- I'm sure there are adjustments I can make to it but I've been working at this for a few hours and my head feels a bit cluttered right now lol. Anyone have recommendations based on my gear or skill tree that I could improve upon?

Quick edit: ok, I just tried out a T12 map just to test things out, and this build feels crazy. It feels like I just never take damage, I just evade everything. I think I saw my Life bar go down like, once. Pretty insane, excited to keep testing it out(and hopefully I can boost my damage more, it's good now but I want it to be huge).

yeah 5k life and 1.5-2k es is more than fine even for shaper and uber elder.
Its all about dodge, spell dodge, and your ghost shroud.
Damage is just over the top anyways, and you barely need a good weapon, or jewels for it, until you start rolling silly mods on t15 maps.

Glad you enjoy it.
Remember you can always go dual wield too, it requires some adjustments, but it makes up for clearing speed and damage, even though you might loose some raw hp

Edit:
Regarding your damage, just get a wand with a higher non-ailment multiplier, if you use PoB youll see that will be the biggest damage increase you can get, and it will be for pretty much all the upgrades you want over the league.
Be it from jewels, watchers eye etc.
Last edited by Fluxje on Mar 26, 2019, 8:13:02 PM
"
Faltry wrote:
Instead of doing malevolence + grace + zealotry, would it be beneficial to switch to malevolence + 3 purity ?

We would lose grace (on my pob it's 15 % evade chance) but we would get 80% all res + the benefit of running all purity which free up quite a lot of res on gear.

Why though? Purities give you something you can easily obtain on your gear while the other auras give you tangibles that are harder to find on gear stats. It's not that hard to max res, even if you add in a few of the pricier modifiers. It's been night and day QOL for me since switching to Grace Malevolence Zealotry and Discipline.
Last edited by visirale on Mar 26, 2019, 8:49:21 PM
Hey guys, noob here getting back into the game after a LONG time. Last time I played the Act 3 and piety was the last act. Trying this build right now after my lvl 75 Blade Flurry assassin is getting one shotted too much in maps.

So far it's going great! I can't believe how much faster it is at clearing areas. Anyway, I hope I'm not stepping on toes, but I was wondering if there was much of a difference between this build and [3.6 Video Guide] Essence Drain & Contagion or Bane Trickster [HC/SC/Uber Elder/Shaper viable].

The only reason I ask is because I kinda liked the idea of going with a staff maybe, which the other one had a build for. They seem pretty similar, with some minor node changes and maybe some different items, ascendant,and gem links. That one had a lot more replies but then I also noticed the post was made over 2 years ago, and this one is brand new and has a lot of followers. So this looks like the hot new thing.

Also the other guide says to keep CWDT at 3 and Immortal Call at 5, as a noob leveling should I stick to that or max them out? Sorry for the long noobish question. Looking forward to the replies and continuing this build
Sericus
"
MCRide wrote:
I just swapped over to Eldritch Battery, using Diadem and Perfect Form.

Nice! I've been preferring this MoM+EB combo more than any other pure MoM builds I've played in the past. The biggest DPS upgrades for me were my multimod wand, 6L, then the non-ailment chaos multi Watcher's Eye. I do have Decay which does a lot of damage, but I believe I read somewhere that you can interpret each point of non-ailment chaos multi as 4x as much increased spell damage, so squeezing that out anywhere is the best. That being said, I would look to upgrade your wand next. Even finding T1 non-ailment chaos multi and multimodding that would be great. Also, unless you have +1 support gems on your chest, Swift Affliction beats out Empower 4.

"
visirale wrote:
Does anyone know when a level by level breakout of the damage soulrend does beyond level 20 will become available? Currently it just shows mana cost past level 20. Essence drain shows the hit damage and DOT damage for each added level (for instance going from level 20-30 almost triples total damage). Is this community mined or does GGG provide it? Only my second league so I'm still getting in the swing of things. Still think massively increasing the level through +level sockets and empower should scale similarly to doing the same on ED and really help this build against top end game content speed-wise.

Not sure if it's correct, but you can just scale up the skill in PoB and get some numbers. I saw a bow that would give a level 33 skill gem assuming you used Empower and it was level 21 on reddit and just pushing my skill in PoB up to 33 more than tripled the DoT DPS.

"
Faltry wrote:

I like Grace/Vaal Grace because of the extra utility of the Vaal Skill. Also I feel like there are more useful Grace mods on Watcher's Eyes should you find a suitable combo. If you did go the Purity route, losing Zealotry is 15% less spell damage. I would consider it if I did the upgraded Temple Belt with Atziri's Reflection on a CI build and took Pain Attunement though.

"
Sericus wrote:
Hey guys, noob here getting back into the game after a LONG time. Last time I played the Act 3 and piety was the last act. Trying this build right now after my lvl 75 Blade Flurry assassin is getting one shotted too much in maps.

So far it's going great! I can't believe how much faster it is at clearing areas. Anyway, I hope I'm not stepping on toes, but I was wondering if there was much of a difference between this build and [3.6 Video Guide] Essence Drain & Contagion or Bane Trickster [HC/SC/Uber Elder/Shaper viable].

The only reason I ask is because I kinda liked the idea of going with a staff maybe, which the other one had a build for. They seem pretty similar, with some minor node changes and maybe some different items, ascendant,and gem links. That one had a lot more replies but then I also noticed the post was made over 2 years ago, and this one is brand new and has a lot of followers. So this looks like the hot new thing.

Also the other guide says to keep CWDT at 3 and Immortal Call at 5, as a noob leveling should I stick to that or max them out? Sorry for the long noobish question. Looking forward to the replies and continuing this build

I think most Chaos spells build somewhat similarly and just take corresponding scaling nodes depending on the weapons used whether it's a bow, staff, dual wield wands, or wand/dagger and shied.

If you make the adjustments, it should be playable. And using either Soulrend, Essence Drain, or Bane as the main focus are all fully capable of the game content.

You keep CWDT low level so that it procs more often, as it levels up it requires more damage taken to proc. At lower levels, it only supports lower level gems so Immortal Call is kept within the support range.
Why did you grab Blood Drinker? The leech only comes from attack damage, not the spell damage we deal in this build.
"
Quackmandan wrote:
Why did you grab Blood Drinker? The leech only comes from attack damage, not the spell damage we deal in this build.
It also gives 8% maximum life, which is quite nice.
It is a fair amount of life, but for four points, it seems more efficient to just grab some jewel sockets since we aren't grabbing anything else off in that direction.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info