[3.9][HC/SC] Soulrend Trickster - Fast mapper with great defenses (League starter/All content)

if this has been answered prior, i apologize:D

Why do we need much es? i mean it is kind of our mana isnt it? So 1k could be enough? sorry if this is a really dumb question, but i always wondered:D
"
Vale876 wrote:
i'm following your second build and i recently picked up prolonged pain dropping swift killer but i'm kinda regretting it, i miss the mobility and the damage doesn't seem so high compared to the power charges i lost.

What's your opinion on going swift killer over prolonged pain?

The Overcharged node that i got with the leap ain't giving me so much charge sustain, i can't get so many charges and i also end up losing em pretty quickly.
Use blood rage for mapping if you find the overcharged sustain too unpredictable. You are losing mobility because of the frenzy charges, not the power ones. Can't go with swift killer because you need patient reaper to go to prolonged pain.

"
if this has been answered prior, i apologize:D

Why do we need much es? i mean it is kind of our mana isnt it? So 1k could be enough? sorry if this is a really dumb question, but i always wondered:D
Multiply your current life by 44% and the result is how much mana/es you should have. This is the optimal value in a one-shot situation(both of your health and mana/es pools will reach 0 at the same time).
Last edited by Syreith on Mar 17, 2019, 2:41:48 AM
Thanks for putting this guide together.
It is the first time I am playing self cast and I am havng a blast!

The build is really strong.
Reached act 10 on a 4-link and still wearing a shitty blue ring.
Currently mapping tier 5 on a 2ch 5-link (3-link Bane) and res around 45% :D
Felt so safe I only began using CWDT + IC on tier 2!

Edit, as I forgot to say, for running memories before they decay, it is super viable to throw on Phase Run as well for that extra speed boost.
Last edited by Raigirin on Mar 17, 2019, 5:16:16 AM
"
Omega333 wrote:
"
Goeli wrote:
Is there a good replacement for shield charge?
Feels really bad with this league because of dashing through memories.

Flame Dash feels really quite nice with this style of character, particularly if you replace the shield with a wand and take Dark Arts for movement skill buffing. Slap some quality on the gem too, and before you know it you'll be dashing all over the place.

Do you feel squishier without fortify then?
I've got a noob question.

I did MOM+EB according to guide, but the damage goes directly on my HP ignoring ES. Is it suposed to be so? If yes, then what's the point of MOM, if my whole mana is reserved by 2 auras and the damage ignores the ES?
What do you think about taking Devouring Diadem in the EB version and pathing your tree like that:
www.poeurl.com/ckGH
Can this build run reflect maps ? To scared to test this in hardcore.
"
laureyssensm wrote:
Can this build run reflect maps ? To scared to test this in hardcore.

Unless the map has chaos reflect (which it doesn't..), yes you can
Chaos is neither physical nor elemental damamge :)
Hi, great build, having lot's of fun with it.

Just 1 question: when you run dual wands, what do you do with the shieldcharge gem set-up?

Any suggestions on replacement?

thanks!
"
Hovaz wrote:
I've got a noob question.

I did MOM+EB according to guide, but the damage goes directly on my HP ignoring ES. Is it suposed to be so? If yes, then what's the point of MOM, if my whole mana is reserved by 2 auras and the damage ignores the ES?

MOM, the ratio of damage is 7:3. Eldritch Battery protects mana instead of life. so your ES(zero unreserved mana) takes "up to" 30% of the damage instead.70% of that 1 hit damage still deduct from your life.

E.g Assume life is 5000, with MOM, your ES needs to be 5000/0.7-5000="2143". Thus you now have 5000+2143="7143" effective HP. So you can endure a 1 hit damage worth of 7142 damage and not die as 70% of that 7142, or 4999 damage, is still deducted from your life.

A non EB build has its problems too. Need tons of mana to cast spells. Aura not usable as you can't reserve mana or have to use gear that remove mana reservation. If you check the non EB MOM build on page 1, you'll end up with lower effective HP and your ES will be very low. E.g 5000 life, 2500 mana but 100 energy shield...

You can't have the whole cake of max life, max ES, and max mana, one of them have to give or you'll be too overpowered.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info