[3.9][HC/SC] Soulrend Trickster - Fast mapper with great defenses (League starter/All content)

Can someone explain the 4link with multiple totem, i dont have any totems what is it used for?
"
3ryk wrote:
"
Syreith wrote:
Hey guys, I just added a different take on the build in the main guide, you can check it out. We're using tri-curse Bane as a clear skill and cwc-blight-soulrend for singletarget. Went CI as it fits perfectly. I've put my other guide on hold for now and will be working on this in the next couple of days.

Thats great, i was waiting u to start CI. can u explain why CwC now? its better than 6l SR + blight totems? Or its just idea, not tested yet
Soulrend is kinda slow even with high cast speed, so I decided to simply put it on cwc and never think about it again. We can go further than this by replacing efficacy with ed and taking zealoth's oath, pushing the es regen even higher. The damage should be similar, maybe a bit higher.
"
Kybank86 wrote:
Can someone explain the 4link with multiple totem, i dont have any totems what is it used for?

Multiple totems is linked with Blight, which applies a chaos damage-over-time debuff. Combined with the 'Spreading Rot' jewel, Blight also afflicts the target with the Wither debuff, which increases chaos damage taken. So the totems cause nearby targets to take damage and increase the damage they take from your Bane and Soulrend.

By sticking the spell on a totem, you only have to drop the totems every now and then and not worry about it in the meantime. Note that for mapping, you'll typically skip casting the totems as it takes too much time. On bosses, having the totems around will be helpful.
Thanks for the guide, but when I import to path of building there's only like 45 points worth of skills?
"
Syreith wrote:
Hey guys, I just added a different take on the build in the main guide, you can check it out. We're using tri-curse Bane as a clear skill and cwc-blight-soulrend for singletarget. Went CI as it fits perfectly. I've put my other guide on hold for now and will be working on this in the next couple of days.

Hey,
I following your topic since day one but started with Occultist and your Occultist CI pob as a goal, but switched to CwC-Blight-Soulrend a few days ago and I really like it so far. And also glad I'm not the only one noticing potential in it (even my skill tree is really similar to the one you made).
I'm still in kinda shitty,league starter gear, but the clearspeed is great. Currently on T6-T7 maps, but curious how it will scale later on, probably needs more investment but that's understandable. This "version" of Soulrend is much better/enjoyable,imo and it makes really good synergy with Spreading Rot (which is quest reward too).
Only differences I have are, that I prefer Malovelence over anything pretty much and using LMP/GMP for mapping and the 3rd curse aure is linked to CwDt

Overall it's really amazing that with such low investment (really you don't even need Tabula, just a 5L armor or Allelopathy and a 4L elsewhere and that's it) how good this build is.

Looking forward how will you tune your build later on.

edit: one last note. I really like how mana saving Blight is, you can get it down to zero with just a few crafts if you want, or into 1 digit. In contrast, Soulrend in a 6L setup can easily cost above 100 mana.
Last edited by sirdond on Mar 15, 2019, 11:03:28 AM
Hi!
Help me, pls!
Tell me what is best for MoM after 50 lvl - Heartbreaker ore The Dark Seer?
"
Steinaken wrote:
Might be a nob af question, but why do youwant to reserv 100% mana on the MoM + EB build? wouldnt you be better off having some man unreserved? to further increase EHP?

Saving some mana will only give you EHP against Chaos damage (which bypasses the energy shield). In most cases our life pool would be zero before 30% of the damage would deplete our energy shield from a single hit. Same goes for sustained damage, not to mention we are leeching energy shield and gaining on kill, you will have a hard time running out of energy shield but still having life.

Personally I am linking an enlighten to my Malevolence and Grace Auras in order to have a bit of unreserved mana, but only to get the benefit of MoM against Chaos Damage.
How can you use grace+haste+malevolence? Isnt that more than 100% mana even using one of those socket rings?
I'm not following this guide, but I am doing my own version of Soulrend/Bane/ED as an Occultist. I am following this thread to see what everbody else is doing along with poe.ninja.

There are two things that I'm testing that has shown some promise. One is adding Volley along side GMP, this changes the spread dramatically and I think for the better; However, you do lose a damage gem. The other is add Purifying Flame to my CwDT setup.
Last edited by IchiMorghulis on Mar 15, 2019, 11:56:53 AM
"
gssantana wrote:
How can you use grace+haste+malevolence? Isnt that more than 100% mana even using one of those socket rings?

You use Grace+Malevolence. Haste is there for the Vaal Haste, not as a permanent aura.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info