[3.9][HC/SC] Soulrend Trickster - Fast mapper with great defenses (League starter/All content)

I'm working on using this build as a league starter. So far, so good. Due to plenty of travel (including cancelled flights), I haven't been able to play much since the league began, so I'm now in Act 10, level 71.

Looking to finish the campaign and get into mapping tonight. As it so happens, I managed to luck myself into an exalted orb drop during the leveling process, so I'm in a good position to splurge a bit on a starter kit.

What would be the most bang-for-buck items I could get with my 1 exa budget, considering I'd like to go for the MoM+EB variant ASAP? My current gear is just random leveling gear, nothing worth keeping very long.
"
Koksii wrote:
Which enchant do we want on the helmet? Slow or an additional proj (and switch to lmp)?

I'd say inc. damage. At least that's what I'm aiming. If you want additional projectiles to replace GMP by LMP you could just run a Dying sun flask. Our totems already hinder, and it isn't required to clear maps, it's just a QoL for moving bosses.
Almost all support gems gives "more damage" as well as an ascendancy, so getting inc. damage would scale nicely.
Hadn't considered intuitive leap before, but one just dropped into my lap last night. Should I use it for melding/overcharge or just sell it, do you think? The endurance charges would be nice for IC, and I could drop my coldsnap that I was previously using for frenzy charges. Power charges are always nice. The only hesitancy I have is that this build has absolutely no problem mapping already, and the way the charges are generated here is with killing stuff. So boss battles I feel I wouldn't be seeing those charges much.

Whatcha think?
IGN:JihadForAllahPraiseHim
"
ploxirion wrote:
"
Koksii wrote:
Which enchant do we want on the helmet? Slow or an additional proj (and switch to lmp)?

I'd say inc. damage. At least that's what I'm aiming. If you want additional projectiles to replace GMP by LMP you could just run a Dying sun flask. Our totems already hinder, and it isn't required to clear maps, it's just a QoL for moving bosses.
Almost all support gems gives "more damage" as well as an ascendancy, so getting inc. damage would scale nicely.

thats true but the slow is probably pretty insane since it works on bosses too. basically temp chains on bosses for free
My buddy keeps suggesting Kintsugi as a chest piece for even straight up CI, but I don't think that's the best option?
"
Ishabooo wrote:
My buddy keeps suggesting Kintsugi as a chest piece for even straight up CI, but I don't think that's the best option?

kintsugi is like +800 ES because Escape Artist, queen of the forest is even 1k+ ES just from body armour :)
I've some basic/noob questions regarding this build:

1. Can a trickster block with a shield? Or is it all about ES and Inc SpellDamage?
2. Am I correct that "X Damage to Attacks" is useless for a spell caster?
3. Considering Bane: Vixens Entrapment OR Whispers of Doom
4. Does projectile damage count for Soulrend?
"
phexifa wrote:
"
Ishabooo wrote:

kintsugi is like +800 ES because Escape Artist, queen of the forest is even 1k+ ES just from body armour :)
He also said it gives me a free arctic armour? I'm assuming the damage reduction on it. Not sure if that's worth more than potential movespeed with queen of the forest/
"
Ishabooo wrote:
"
phexifa wrote:
"
Ishabooo wrote:

He also said it gives me a free arctic armour? I'm assuming the damage reduction on it. Not sure if that's worth more than potential movespeed with queen of the forest/

He was talking about The Perfect Form, its another good chest for this build that gives free arctic armor and phase acro.
Hi,

I'm actually lv77 and just bought Ahn's Heritage and 2 Fragility, but i don't have Onslaught.
Did GGG fixed this mechanic ?
I checked in "Character", "Charges", my endurances charges are 0/0 as it's suppose to be.
Thanks for the answer :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info