[3.9][HC/SC] Soulrend Trickster - Fast mapper with great defenses (League starter/All content)

"
To give people a bit to think about here is my gear so far at lvl 77.
Disclaimer: By no way is optimized! Still a lot of lvling gear I found on the way or bought cheap. Also is my first time playing with Eldritch Battery... so some things are new for me.

As for the discussion of Bane vs Soulrend... I use both, Soulrend is 5L, Bane 3L on a +2 dagger. When I'm zoom zoom I pre-cast Soulrend and if anything is still alive when I reach that point, I use bane.
For bosses I drop the wither totem, then cast bane/soulrend in a rapid succesion. So far really smooth leveling.

OP would you still use the Shield Charge setup even if it means getting so close to mobs? I'm still using Flamedash to keep me ranged... but it would be nice to have fortify/cull ^^

Thanks again for the build, OP!

Nice to see it works out. I am playing a trickster CI version with soulrend in 6link tabula and bane in a 4link.
Soulrend is a monster, no one actually understood it yet.
The trick does unleash, which feels like it quadruples your initial burst damage! If you don't believe me grab a friend and do a pvp match. use SR as one socket spell and then together with unleash as two socket, be shocked by the difference, replace it with controlled destruction, thank me later ;). As the playstyle is: pressing one soulrend keep walking... it's totally fine to use unleash. For bosses just put down your multiple (spell totem) wither support, your dual curse bane and start hit the boss once. Then relocated to safety and spam soulrend.

Putting on top some soon to take aoe nodes, which should increase the applying aoe of soulrend and therefore maybe hit another breakpoint of another soulrend stack before travelling by the enemy/Boss(dunno how much needed here) and this should be gold until red maps for now.
For ES armours I was thinking of queen of the forest (dunno if evasion will be enough to be actually advantages), which would give us 400es or Kintsurgi/ Cospri's Will, but off colouring will be hard.

Here is my gear: I can clear bosses nearly as fast as white mobs and iam starting to hit T7 at the moment. Still only Day2 gear:

Last edited by Aicen1987 on Mar 10, 2019, 9:53:52 AM
Just giving this a try, one question - Bane can only apply both linked curses once I reach "Whispers of Doom" right... ? Before that, just linking one curse is better?
"
Aicen1987 wrote:
Spoiler
"
To give people a bit to think about here is my gear so far at lvl 77.
Disclaimer: By no way is optimized! Still a lot of lvling gear I found on the way or bought cheap. Also is my first time playing with Eldritch Battery... so some things are new for me.

As for the discussion of Bane vs Soulrend... I use both, Soulrend is 5L, Bane 3L on a +2 dagger. When I'm zoom zoom I pre-cast Soulrend and if anything is still alive when I reach that point, I use bane.
For bosses I drop the wither totem, then cast bane/soulrend in a rapid succesion. So far really smooth leveling.

OP would you still use the Shield Charge setup even if it means getting so close to mobs? I'm still using Flamedash to keep me ranged... but it would be nice to have fortify/cull ^^

Thanks again for the build, OP!

Nice to see it works out. I am playing a trickster CI version with soulrend in 6link tabula and bane in a 4link.

Soulrend is a monster, no one actually understood it yet.
The trick does unleash, which feels like it quadruples your initial burst damage! If you don't believe me grab a friend and do a pvp match. use SR as one socket spell and then together with unleash as two socket, be shocked by the difference, replace it with controlled destruction, thank me later ;). As the playstyle is: pressing one soulrend keep walking... it's totally fine to use unleash. For bosses just put down your multiple (spell totem) wither support, your dual curse bane and start hit the boss once. Then relocated to safety and spam soulrend.

Putting on top some soon to take aoe nodes, which should increase the applying aoe of soulrend and therefore maybe hit another breakpoint of another soulrend stack before travelling by the enemy/Boss(dunno how much needed here) and this should be gold until red maps for now.
For ES armours I was thinking of queen of the forest (dunno if evasion will be enough to be actually advantages), which would give us 400es or Kintsurgi/ Cospri's Will, but off colouring will be hard.
Spoiler

Here is my gear: I can clear bosses nearly as fast as white mobs and iam starting to hit T7 at the moment. Still only Day2 gear:

I'm also using Unleash for clearing and starting to love it more and more. Every ~1500+ evasion chest is a valid choice. Just pick the one that suits your needs the best.

"
Xenex46 wrote:
What do you think of Perfect Form Body Armour?
You can use it if this is what you have. However Kintsugi is better. 20% less damage is huge.

"
Thank you for the awesome build! Just made it to maps and im destroying everything. I noticed you switched a gem to Arcane Surge. Is this for the cast speed and mana regen? And do we keep the gem level on par with the soulrend mana cost?
Max it out. It gives almost the same %more damage multiplier like other gems plus you get some mana regen and cast speed. Not sure if you noticed, but I also put clarity in and took few more mana nodes for even more mana regen.
I cant open you MOM VERSION talent tree.could you provide a pitcture or POB plz?
do u guys think that lowlife will be good idea? i actually started soulrend character to make it into lowlife later, but i see noone talking about ll sr trickster
I'm 86 - Uber is done so full ascendancy and about T7 for maps. Tried unleash for a bit, it felt like the damage started to feel worse than swift affliction in my 6L around T5/6. Other than that, the build feels pretty good. I've got a lot of improvement to make to my gear but I did swap to Ahn's and the perma onslaught feels great so far.
"
Syreith wrote:

I'm also using Unleash for clearing and starting to love it more and more. Every ~1500+ evasion chest is a valid choice. Just pick the one that suits your needs the best.

What are you replacing to slot Unleash ? CD or VM ?

so far build feels OKish. dmg is there, survivability is still lacking a bit so I kinda miss that i didnt do ocultist CI but whatever now.

Is it worth going for Eldrich battery? I would have to use a lot of re-spec points for that (only 20 for ascendancy changes) + additional for other stuff. but I could self manage that as i got 28 respec points.

Just to be clear, EB is basically so we can reserve all mana = we can run 2 main auras which seems great. Correct? I just wonder if its worth spending chaos on respec points now. but since I have not bought any items just yet and got rougly 100c i can do it, get cospri and 5L it or get Kintsugi which is like 27c more expensive

damage seems to go down a bit on t4 and it takes a while to kill something but I am not dying yet considering I dont even have max resists and most gears still from low lvls

thanks !
Hello nice build, but could you update ES CI Version of Trickster Talent tree POB? it doesnt work only shows few talents spent after POB update
"
Hollycz wrote:
so far build feels OKish. dmg is there, survivability is still lacking a bit so I kinda miss that i didnt do ocultist CI but whatever now.

thanks !

I feel very safe. Just 3k life + MoM 2k mana. Im not even going for EB, because I can have 1k+ES without any investment and Soulrend can leech ES.
Just gonna put aura in essence worm, get phase acrobatics, and will have somethink like 5k life and 2k mana. That will be enough.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info