[3.9][HC/SC] Soulrend Trickster - Fast mapper with great defenses (League starter/All content)

What kind of crafted dagger should i be looking for
Last edited by Kniil on Mar 10, 2019, 1:13:27 AM
Please update PoB tree
Thanks in advance
I may be confused, but if you use the shield plus the jewels...aren't you capped at essentially like 0 endurance charges? If so, how does CWDT work?

I'm using the shield and won't ever get IC to proc because no EC.

Having a lot of fun w/ the build btw..thanks for making it!
"
Ok so got a bit further with soulrend (still MoM). Going into yellow maps. Decided to do a small respec into bane on the 6 link instead of SR. Instantly felt a thousand times smoother. The problem with SR imo is the lack of instant damage. It just takes a lot longer to get out damage, resulting in a lot of deaths. Bane insta kills everything which is SUPER nice for those "oh shit" moments. I picked up a Cane of Unraveling and am speccing into hex master, the staff aoe node, as well as the two blast radius nodes. 6L setup is Bane-Despair-Temp Chains-Efficacy-Intensify-Inc AOE. I have 183% AOE at the moment with another 40% from the tree once I get the points. I plan on 6 linking the staff and running both a 6L Soulrend for single target as well as the 6L bane in my chest. Also will drop MoM once I do uber lab and go ghost dance as final point. The staff is very good.

When I need to kill something fast I use Bane, but in more open maps Soulrend clears better imo. But the good thing it all works together well. I thinking of this exactly, going staff and 2x 6L.
"
ecobrie wrote:
I may be confused, but if you use the shield plus the jewels...aren't you capped at essentially like 0 endurance charges? If so, how does CWDT work?

I'm using the shield and won't ever get IC to proc because no EC.

Having a lot of fun w/ the build btw..thanks for making it!

CWDT+IC works without endurance charges as well because it has base duration. Yes, it is short, but is enough to prevent burst physical damage(looking at you porcupines).

"
Kniil wrote:
What kind of crafted dagger should i be looking for
Will be added in ~20 minutes in the guide.

"
Nevzat wrote:
The second build isnt that much more expensive than the first, which is why i'm a bit confused.. if OP got this level in a day after league launch why not just have the "better" build only rather than two?

The first one still requires a huge amount of currency to fully gear, so i don't really see the point of having a whole guide dedicated to it,with a totally different set up and gear requirements/tree and ascendancies if the second and better version can be very easily specced into.

Can anyone elaborate on what i'm missing here please? There are items listed for the first build that cost currently 1.5 exa ( breath of the council for example) and if people have that kind of currency surely they would just use the second build where that isn't required?

It seems like a waste of time, and currency to completely respec a build, links, items, and ascendancies over 50 chaos or so?

i.e a QOTF, Cerberus and Lioneyes will come to like 40-50 chaos

I got a lucky exalt drop, is it in my best interests to spec into the second build in that case? (will an exa get me the gear required to start rocking the better one?)

It's written all over the place that you DO NOT NEED any of the mentioned unique items. Some people hate constant respeccing and want to stick with one version. Breath of the council is 5-10c unique, it's expensive because it's the 3rd day of the league. Apparently it's a bad idea to buy it now at this price. You can use any rare dagger or sceptre.

"
Pr0pagandhi wrote:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but Bane and Souldrend feel lackluster compared to ED and Contagion. Not yet into maps, since this is my second char this league, so I hope Bane picks up and gets more satisfying. I kind of feel like people are overhyping Bane though.
Check the strand map run video. Not having to cast 2 spells and wait for ed to spread is huge.
Added changelog section so you can easily track what is being changed as Klimon suggested yesterday. All path of building links are updated now.

To be added: section for rare crafted weapon.
"
Syreith wrote:
Added changelog section so you can easily track what is being changed as Klimon suggested yesterday. All path of building links are updated now.

To be added: section for rare crafted weapon.

I understand occ version is just an alternative, and that you even mention that you wont be updating them, but when you have time and if you could i would be very thankfull.
"
Noxex22 wrote:

I understand occ version is just an alternative, and that you even mention that you wont be updating them, but when you have time and if you could i would be very thankfull.
They are updated now. =)
To give people a bit to think about here is my gear so far at lvl 77.
Disclaimer: By no way is optimized! Still a lot of lvling gear I found on the way or bought cheap. Also is my first time playing with Eldritch Battery... so some things are new for me.

As for the discussion of Bane vs Soulrend... I use both, Soulrend is 5L, Bane 3L on a +2 dagger. When I'm zoom zoom I pre-cast Soulrend and if anything is still alive when I reach that point, I use bane.
For bosses I drop the wither totem, then cast bane/soulrend in a rapid succesion. So far really smooth leveling.

OP would you still use the Shield Charge setup even if it means getting so close to mobs? I'm still using Flamedash to keep me ranged... but it would be nice to have fortify/cull ^^

Thanks again for the build, OP!
"
To give people a bit to think about here is my gear so far at lvl 77.
Disclaimer: By no way is optimized! Still a lot of lvling gear I found on the way or bought cheap. Also is my first time playing with Eldritch Battery... so some things are new for me.
Spoiler

As for the discussion of Bane vs Soulrend... I use both, Soulrend is 5L, Bane 3L on a +2 dagger. When I'm zoom zoom I pre-cast Soulrend and if anything is still alive when I reach that point, I use bane.
For bosses I drop the wither totem, then cast bane/soulrend in a rapid succesion. So far really smooth leveling.

OP would you still use the Shield Charge setup even if it means getting so close to mobs? I'm still using Flamedash to keep me ranged... but it would be nice to have fortify/cull ^^

Thanks again for the build, OP!

If you don't feel comfortable refreshing fortify with shield charge, you can drop it and use flame dash only. What I've provided as a guideline is by no means the only way to play the character. I always encourage people to twink the build to suit their needs. I personally would never remove shield charge+fortify+faster attacks.

On a side note, if we try to push our es pool a little bit higher, we can probably go for acrobatics+phase acrobatics on the eb build. I will be doing some tests today and will keep you guys updated.

Edit: Someone mentioned Cherrubium's Maleficence yesterday. You can use it, it's a good chest.
Last edited by Syreith on Mar 10, 2019, 4:20:08 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info