[3.9][HC/SC] Soulrend Trickster - Fast mapper with great defenses (League starter/All content)

It's weird how even with a 5link on my GMP Soulrend I still use my 4link Bane more often. Even without any investment into area nodes the spell feels more satisfying. I'm debating going Hexmaster(curse AOE) and switching to Bane as a main aoe spell. I'll still use Soulrend for bosses and stuff.

Great work on the guide. Very inspiring. It would be nice if you put something like a changelog somewhere in the guide. It's hard to follow the WIP build without it. Thank you.
I'm sorry if this will sound like a stupid question, but how do we heal? I'm speaking about Life+MoM version, we got no leech, and only a few of regen nodes.
"
Klimon wrote:
It's weird how even with a 5link on my GMP Soulrend I still use my 4link Bane more often. Even without any investment into area nodes the spell feels more satisfying. I'm debating going Hexmaster(curse AOE) and switching to Bane as a main aoe spell. I'll still use Soulrend for bosses and stuff.

Great work on the guide. Very inspiring. It would be nice if you put something like a changelog somewhere in the guide. It's hard to follow the WIP build without it. Thank you.
Yeah, Bane is busted. =D Gonna do this tomorrow, thanks for the suggestion.

"
Profatum wrote:
I'm sorry if this will sound like a stupid question, but how do we heal? I'm speaking about Life+MoM version, we got no leech, and only a few of regen nodes.
You rely on your life flask and Patient Reaper apart from the passive regen.

Last edited by Syreith on Mar 9, 2019, 6:09:07 PM
How do we get permanent onslaught? i got the shield and the 2 jewels, but im not sure what gives us 1 endurance charge or if there is something else im missing?
I think i'm going to keep playing but not invest too much into specific items at this stage...

The build operates, but isn't no where near it's full potential.

Question for OP: Will you do a test on whether switching to bane as AOE clear is a better option with single target soulrend? If Bane had some increased aoe it would be totally fine for clear due to its near instant cast speed, and general ease of playing.. in delves im basically only using bane anyway for example.
Last edited by Nevzat on Mar 9, 2019, 6:04:43 PM
"
PolloLoco95 wrote:
How do we get permanent onslaught? i got the shield and the 2 jewels, but im not sure what gives us 1 endurance charge or if there is something else im missing?

If you have the shield equipped and the two fragility jewels socketed in, you're good. There's no visual indication about the onslaught buff. If you want to test it, you can unequip one of the jewels and see that your movement speed will be -20%.

"
Nevzat wrote:
I think i'm going to keep playing but not invest too much into specific items at this stage...

The build operates, but isn't no where near it's full potential.

Question for OP: Will you do a test on whether switching to bane as AOE clear is a better option with single target soulrend? If Bane had some increased aoe it would be totally fine for clear due to its near instant cast speed, and general ease of playing.. in delves im basically only using bane anyway for example.

You can take Hexmaster for 4 skill points and test if this suits you better. The curse aoe applies to bane.
Last edited by Syreith on Mar 9, 2019, 6:19:37 PM
Anyone else having an issue with his CI version for PoB? Mine only comes up with 30 passives. I'm probably going to start with the CI version as that's what I've been wanting to do for the league even if it's not as league starter friendly. Let me know if anyone has an update on that PoB link.

Thanks
all your pob trees are broken due to the update
Correct me if I'm wrong, but Bane and Souldrend feel lackluster compared to ED and Contagion. Not yet into maps, since this is my second char this league, so I hope Bane picks up and gets more satisfying. I kind of feel like people are overhyping Bane though.
I've tried both Bane and Soulrend. both are excellent skills but provide different play styles. and since they essentially scale the same way you can freely swap between them.

Bane kills the enemies it hits faster and in general will require more skills casts per min to kill the same number of enemies soulrend will. Soulrend is "slower" with its animation but its range is so bonkers you're off screening enemies every time. Clear the same map with Bane and with Soulrend and I bet clear time is similar but your bane hotkey gets press 10 times more often than soulrend.

I'm going to consider respecting to this version of the build from the OP. The PoB are broken but i saw the post saying he's fixing it tomorrow. I have to assume I'm already kinda close to the same passive tree but I've been somewhat winging it so it would be nice to have a bit of an idea on where to go with gear and passives

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info